Proposal: (CLB/MTL) Kent Johnson for Matheson + 2nd 2025 (worse pick PIT/MTL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
No offense, but you have no idea what you're talking about.
in terms of what? CLB are the ones wanting to trade him away. He has some value, but its sure isnt worth what he was when he was drafted.

THe guy played 13:33 TOI, 6G 16P in 42GP and whopping 10 hits and 62 shots. You think theyll land a top prospect for that? are you kidding me?

Unless its another problem player like a McGroarty, and even then.... I think the Jets would say no.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
in terms of what? CLB are the ones wanting to trade him away. He has some value, but its sure isnt worth what he was when he was drafted.

THe guy played 13:33 TOI, 6G 16P in 42GP and whopping 10 hits and 62 shots. You think theyll land a top prospect for that? are you kidding me?

Unless its another problem player like a McGroarty, and even then....

You're just proving my point. Stat watchers are the worst.

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
Dang, I had no idea Matheson scored 60+ points last year tbh...
Only know him as the A-hole that body slammed Elias Pettersson.

This ain't gonna get you Johnson, though.

CBJ will almost certainly trade one of their high-end forward prospects at some point to fill another need, but not like this.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Young, cost-controlled players with huge amounts of untapped potential don't get traded for 30 year old defensemen with a couple years left on their contract. sorry on behalf of habs fans
see my post above.... this isnt Cutter Gauthier here. Johnson coming off a horrible season, was even put on the 4th line. What do you seriously expect the Jackets to get in return?

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016

Unless its another problem player like a McGroarty, and even then.... I think the Jets would say no.

You should move on and go do something else.

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
see my post above.... this isnt Cutter Gauthier here. Johnson coming off a horrible season, was even put on the 4th line. What do you seriously expect the Jackets to get in return?
I expect them to hold on to him and let him develop more, progression ain't linear

Reactions: Gaud

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
You're just proving my point. Stat watchers are the worst.
youre saying he was better..... so good that the Jackets were putting him on the 4th line at only 13 mins/game.

Gotcha. You must be smarter than an NHL coach.

I expect them to hold on to him and let him develop more, progression ain't linear
but hes being shopped.... thats the whole point

• Haha

Killswitch

May 22, 2022
for Johnson? no way in hell I trading one of them. Nor Mailloux or Reinbacher.

has potential, but right now is just a young skilled winger coming off a bad season with no physical game at all. Like ANA and Zegras, CLB dont have the upper hand here.
He's the same age as Mailloux and less than a year younger than Roy. He has two seasons in the NHL already which is 2 more than either guy. It's disingenuous to want him and also pretend he sucks, while also thinking either of those guys are better somehow. Wasn't too long ago a guy in NY was considered a bust

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
he's not being shopped for Matheson, I promise you that. If it's not for another young player with upside then they'll hold onto him
I wont debate that, but I dont see why anyone would trade their "very good prospect" for a guy coming off a bad season after 2 full seasons.

Like Zegras, if you want to trade your problem player, you definitely wont be getting equal value to what he was. Youll get somwhere in between.

• Haha
Reactions: Bluenotes27

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
He's the same age as Mailloux and less than a year younger than Roy. He has two seasons in the NHL already which is 2 more than either guy. It's disingenuous to want him and also pretend he sucks, while also thinking either of those guys are better somehow. Wasn't too long ago a guy in NY was considered a bust
that doesnt make his value better. All hes proved is that hes having a lot of problems adapting to the NHL. He could improve on another team, or could very well not. For every Lafreniere comparison, and I can give you an Alex Turcotte, Kotkaniemi, or Filip Zadina.

Im not saying hes a bust, Im saying he had a bad season, and clearly isnt working with CLB, much like Newhook in COL. What did COL end out getting for him? a late 1st and 2nd.

You guys are talking like KJ is worth a top 10 pick here. Please.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Brutal. CBJ hangs up quickly with no call back. Not even framework of a deal here
what are you realistically expecting to get for him after the season he just had, playing 13 mins/night and being demoted to the 4th line on several occasions?

CLB didnt do themselves any favours in raising his stock at all

• Haha

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
You would thinks a Habs fan would have some sympathy and understanding about a young player starting slow as Caufield and Slafkovsky just spent the last couple seasons labelled as busts and losers before hitting their stride with a new coach/ more time to develop

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Alright guys lets pack it up and wait another week or so until another delusional habs fan makes another thread trying to trade matheson/savard to another team. I think we are like 1/4th of the away to have a trade proposal to every single team in the NHL!!! sheesh LOL

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Matheson put up a ton of points because he played a ton of minutes. Montreal was a bad team in part because he's not the actual all-around #1 that usage implies. Reminiscent of Ristolainen in Buffalo or dating myself a bit, Dick Tarnstrom in Pittsburgh.
No he is not reminiscent of those 2 bums. He put up points on a one line team. He likely puts up 75+ points on a contender. They would have to put up with his occasional brain farts though.

Alright guys lets pack it up and wait another week or so until another delusional habs fan makes another thread trying to trade matheson/savard to another team. I think we are like 1/4th of the away to have a trade proposal to every single team in the NHL!!! sheesh LOL
Yes it is ridiculous beause neither will be moved until the trade deadline at the earliest. And of course to a team that actually needs what they provide which Columbus doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad