Player Discussion Claude Giroux

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
He's a local celebrity gym owner
Also an east coast pizza chain

greco-pizza.jpg

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Also an east coast pizza chain

greco-pizza.jpg
I have a scar on my nose from when I fell from standing on a Greco pizza counter in St. John’s. My dads was 20 and making a living before joining the RCMP. My 19 year old mom was bringing me by for a visit. I was 2 years old.

True story.

• Wow
Reactions: DrEasy

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
It's no fluke that Giroux got a career high in goals last year, at 35 years old. He's an incredibly smart and crafty player. He should continue age gracefully, much like Pavelski has. It's funny that those two got 1000 points on the same night last year.

If I was the script writer, I'd make sure we see a Dallas-Ottawa Stanley Cup final in 2025.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Inarguably the worst org in the league as far as quality, competency, and likability goes.

Everything has gone downhill since Hextall got fired and the parasite advisors (Clarke, Barber, Lombardi) regained control.

Yea, I've been a huge Flyers fan for over a decade. I give up. I just can't watch them any longer. It is too maddening.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Former captain doubles down on the fans. Former captain exposes himself to darts from fans for backing his coach.

Good for him. Rally the troops and bring the team closer . Us against the World!

Hate on him next fans!

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Former captain doubles down on the fans. Former captain exposes himself to darts from fans for backing his coach.

Good for him. Rally the troops and bring the team closer . Us against the World!

Hate on him next fans!
the hater fans are really proving to be troublesome for Ottawa.

New targets every time someone leaves the organization.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

Hate on him next fans!
Is there a link? What did he say?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Claude was pretty definitive DJ wasn’t going anywhere, sounds like SS might have told the team that. Would make sense if he did, as he said after PD gone, Sens need some stability now.

Last edited:

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Saw it on X.

Basically saying it is getting old with the fans getting on DJ. He backs his captain and he backs his coach.
Interesting.

Do either Brady or G elaborate on why they can't win games?

We can only assume they think they need better players. Surely, they can't expect to use puck luck or whatever as a reason?

If it's not coaching and not the roster there aren't many options.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Interesting.

Do either Brady or G elaborate on why they can't win games?

We can only assume they think they need better players. Surely, they can't expect to use puck luck or whatever as a reason?

If it's not coaching and not the roster there aren't many options.
Oh it is the coaching.

I just like the way they are sticking together.

And we all know it is the bounces

Reactions: OD99

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Oh it is the coaching.

I just like the way they are sticking together.

And we all know it is the bounces
There's something to be said for the room sticking together... I'd rather this than a shit ton of infighting or public mud slinging.

Now, it's up to them to take that and turn the ship around. The core isn't stupid - they know change is coming this summer, whether they want it or not, and if they are as close as they seem to be as a group, they know that change will reach into the room if things don't improve.

Reactions: Micklebot

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Claude was pretty definitive DJ wasn’t going anywhere, sounds like SS might have told the team that. Would make sense if he did, as he said after PD gone, Sens need some stability now.
Looking by the standings they need wins more than anything I'd say

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
There's something to be said for the room sticking together... I'd rather this than a shit ton of infighting or public mud slinging.

Now, it's up to them to take that and turn the ship around. The core isn't stupid - they know change is coming this summer, whether they want it or not, and if they are as close as they seem to be as a group, they know that change will reach into the room if things don't improve.
Very good point, I'd rather have a team that has each other's back then a knife ready to stab each other in the back.

Bobby Ryan made a good point, players comments right after a game is one thing, but Giroux saying this in a media availability on an off day, this was calculated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad