News Article: CJ Podcast

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
Oh you're one of those character trumps ability guys... put Leo Komarov in the Hall of Fame.

Absolutely not! But, Leo is in the 2nd round and we're not. Considering the Islanders lost their best player and still advanced, that is all that matters to me. How the top acts is reflected throughout the organization. Look for the Isles to get better and the Leafs, given their current brain trust, I just don't know.

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
Couldn't disagree more, Islanders now have hockey guys and discipline from top to bottom. We have Curly, Larry and Moe.

Leafs are one of the best managed teams in the league. Have you forgotten where the Leafs were 5 years ago? Shanny has made the Leafs respectable again. If you consider the Leafs management team as Curly, Larry and Moe at the moment what did you consider them during the Burke/Nonis days?

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Absolutely not! But, Leo is in the 2nd round and we're not. Considering the Islanders lost their best player and still advanced, that is all that matters to me. How the top acts is reflected throughout the organization. Look for the Isles to get better and the Leafs, given their current brain trust, I just don't know.

Please go be an Islander fan then. I'm sure they're going to keep getting .930 goaltending.

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
Leafs are one of the best managed teams in the league. Have you forgotten where the Leafs were 5 years ago? Shanny has made the Leafs respectable again. If you consider the Leafs management team as Curly, Larry and Moe at the moment what did you consider them during the Burke/Nonis days?

Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Lol I dont know what you expect from the Leafs....take a look around the league and you wont have to look too far to find examples of poorly managed teams that you think the leafs are (Buffao, Ottawa)

It takes time to build a team ....Rome was not build in a day

Reactions: Faltorvo

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
Please go be an Islander fan then. I'm sure they're going to keep getting .930 goaltending.

Nope, been a Leaf fan for a very long time. I'm just disappointed by the lack of growth over the last few years. Hope we don't stall here. Something has to change for us to get to the next level.

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
[QUOTE="Hick Leafs Fan, post: 160351425, member: 115720 Rome was not build in a day[/QUOTE]

But in this day of UFA, sports teams are and destroyed in even less time.

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
[QUOTE="Hick Leafs Fan, post: 160351425, member: 115720 Rome was not build in a day

But in this day of UFA, sports teams are and destroyed in even less time.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? And why didnt you quote the first part of my post about actual poorly run teams?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Don't see that at all. Did nothing when it was obvious this team needed help or a firing to get to the next level. So far, everything he has done has been disastrous. And please don't say Muzzin, he went to mediocre after his 2nd game here. If he messes up Marner, it'll be at least another 52 years till we see the Cup. Marner has more guts, desire and soul than Matthews and Nylander combined. He bleeds blue & white. He should be captain and, at least, equal to AM in terms of salary. Need room? Dump Nylander next time he laughs when he screws up.

Man you are really going to make me defend him?

It's his first year, he isn't going to over react and fire anyone in season.

Muzzin made Zaitsev look competent and vastly improved the defense.

He had a huge deal almost done on the TDL but ran out of time. Not his fault.

LEt's see what he does over the next 5 months.

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake

Now, with that I agree. It's all the statements that say he's a genius that makes me wonder. His minuses, at this point in time, outweigh anything else he has accomplished. On his ability, call me skeptical, but I certainly am willing to see how he handles the MM situation and see if he can give us a team that can take us to the next level.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007

YUP, Greg McKegg is in the 2nd round and we aren't. It says absolutely NOTHING.

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018

Not his fault?
Whose fault is it.
He did nothing.
Nic Petan?
Yeah.
Great.

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
Steve Dangle says that one day a woman could make the NHL on merit because Johnny Gaudreau is small and dominate.

I say why just one Steve? Why can't the whole league be women?
Dangle is clearly an idiot.
Gaudreau is only good with beer league/no hit rules.
Exposed in the playoffs when the game is played like it should be.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I just don’t believe there was a big deal at TDL for a RHD. Doughty and Ekblad are pure fantasies esp since Doughty will be paid over 10 or 11mil and Tallon is planning to scope up both Panarin and Bob at July 1. What’s the point of trading your 1D if you are going all in for those two.
Trouba might be since Jets can’t sign him but Jets need prospects or players with terms on a good deal, just don’t think Leafs have any of those. Dumba, Manson and even Tanev are possible as Leafs got the pieces for them.

horner

May 22, 2007
Oh I agree but I get the sense from the fanbase and media that Marner is value higher than Matthews. I dont agree with that and feel that Matthews is the better player/ or a more valuable asset and am happy the management seems to agree with that.
Mathews and Nylander leading the way ouch.
By cup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad