Confirmed with Link: Chychrun to WSH for Nick Jensen and 2026 3rd

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
He played for the senators. One of the worst defensive and structured teams in recent memory.
He’ll be a 50 point guy in Washington and won’t look anywhere near as bad defensively.
Just like Korpisalo is gonna light it up in Boston?
He wasn’t good. But his value as a 50pt guy is higher than a 3rd and Jensen.

Those two are embarrassing together.
His value is what other teams would pay. If SS left something on the table, that would be something to be critical about, but we don't know that to be the case.

I thought they were fine on Sunday. Quick and on point with Garrioch not getting a chance to go on long tangents. Hanna keeps Garrioch on track imo.

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
I was watching Trade Day on TSN yesterday. During an interview with Claire and Bruce, they mentioned that SS tried all of the UFA RD available but none would sign here. It wasn't a question of money.
Fair enough, I can understand guys wanting to get paid AND have a chance to win. Staios has work to do to convince the league the Sens can be in the mix.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Chychrun' s number one job will be to get Ovie the scoring record. Sens needed a change in mix on D, and no way they would have signed him next year for the $$ he would have wanted. Better to get some value now vs either nothing as a free agent or a rental trade.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Nick Jensen - Assessment of his performance

This is why I think Jensen plays with Sanderson rather than Chabot because Sanderson is so much better defensively & likely will play on the PK which Jensen also plays. Zub has played with Chabot before & should complicate Chabot by being a stay at home defenceman which Chabot needs.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
This is why I think Jensen plays with Sanderson rather than Chabot because Sanderson is so much better defensively & likely will play on the PK which Jensen also plays. Zub has played with Chabot before & should complicate Chabot by being a stay at home defenceman which Chabot needs.
He might be playing with Kleven on the 3rd pair to mentor him into the league with Sanderson-JBD being 2nd pair.

I think it is going to be another long season.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He might be playing with Kleven on the 3rd pair to mentor him into the league with Sanderson-JBD being 2nd pair.

I think it is going to be another long season.
Maybe, although so could Hamonic RD.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I would put him with Sanderson too. He thrived playing with Orlov, but struggled playing with whatever trash he was deployed with after Orlov signed in Carolina.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240707_145536_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240707_145536_Chrome.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: BigRig4 and aragorn

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Maybe, although so could Hamonic RD.
I suspect Hamonic will be demoted to 7th D at some point; it is unclear who will be brought in to be the 6th D.

I wonder if Gaudette will make the team as one of the 2 Fs we need. He has more NHL experience than our other options: Crookshank, Ostapchuk.

Reactions: BigRig4

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I suspect Hamonic will be demoted to 7th D at some point; it is unclear who will be brought in to be the 6th D.

I wonder if Gaudette will make the team as one of the 2 Fs we need. He has more NHL experience than our other options: Crookshank, Ostapchuk.
2 things I'm confident about.

1.jensen will never play on the third pairing

2.staios will bring in a third pairing vet righty to play with kleven and trade or waive jbd

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I bet Hamonic & JBD share that spot 3rd RD spot, I imagine JBD will get more games given he was starting to play better last yr to end the season & he led the team in blocked shots which he needs to do to stay employed.

I imagine there will be some competition for that 4th line C spot. Given Gaudette also plays RW & it's a position of need in the org who could play either. They seem to like Halliday & he is a yr older than Ostapchuk who they also like, but it could come down to someone with a little more NHL experience like Gaudette or Jenik C who is also a tough guy like Katelic.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
2 things I'm confident about.

1.jensen will never play on the third pairing

2.staios will bring in a third pairing vet righty to play with kleven and trade or waive jbd
Oh, I don't know about that, especially when they have Hamonic RD with a contract for this yr & they have already said they are not buying anyone out. And given how highly Sanderson thinks of Hamonic as a mentor & how much he helped him, it's likely he will mentor Kleven & JBD. We'll see, but my guess is that the 3rd pairing Rd spot is shared between JBD & Hamonic.

Reactions: PlayOn

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Oh, I don't know about that, especially when they have Hamonic RD with a contract for this yr & they have already said they are not buying anyone out. And given how highly Sanderson thinks of Hamonic as a mentor & how much he helped him, it's likely he will mentor Kleven & JBD. We'll see, but my guess is that the 3rd pairing Rd spot is shared between JBD & Hamonic.
Hamonic is a coach that will play if there are enough injuries. Let him be free.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Maybe. I don't think that's a good idea at all personally, but maybe. I'd like to see homonic riding the pine and mentoring kleven in practice etc while a different vet that can keep up plays the third pairing, but who know...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad