Confirmed with Link: Chychrun to WSH for Nick Jensen and 2026 3rd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
He played for the senators. One of the worst defensive and structured teams in recent memory.
He’ll be a 50 point guy in Washington and won’t look anywhere near as bad defensively.
Just like Korpisalo is gonna light it up in Boston?
He wasn’t good. But his value as a 50pt guy is higher than a 3rd and Jensen.

Those two are embarrassing together.
His value is what other teams would pay. If SS left something on the table, that would be something to be critical about, but we don't know that to be the case.

I thought they were fine on Sunday. Quick and on point with Garrioch not getting a chance to go on long tangents. Hanna keeps Garrioch on track imo.

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
I was watching Trade Day on TSN yesterday. During an interview with Claire and Bruce, they mentioned that SS tried all of the UFA RD available but none would sign here. It wasn't a question of money.
Fair enough, I can understand guys wanting to get paid AND have a chance to win. Staios has work to do to convince the league the Sens can be in the mix.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Chychrun' s number one job will be to get Ovie the scoring record. Sens needed a change in mix on D, and no way they would have signed him next year for the $$ he would have wanted. Better to get some value now vs either nothing as a free agent or a rental trade.

Reactions: BigRig4

sena

Jul 3, 2024
But Chychrun was a huge reason why the Sens were brutal defensively. His effort was laughable, he was constantly turned the wrong way and looked like a pylon.

His -30 was 13th worst in the NHL, and worst for Ottawa defensemen. His underlying defensive numbers weren’t much better.

I guess the Chychrun fever hasn’t left everyone yet.
I'm not sure if he just wanted to be sent packing or if he always sucks that bad but it was shocking how bad that guy was at playing D.
getting back a decent player is a home run. Unless that nasty hit messed up Jensen he should be a solid player. He is a lot better than people seem to be giving him credit for.

Reactions: LiseL

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Chychrun played like he did want to get injured. He was an absolute train wreck defensively, he is addition by subtraction if that’s his new normal.

Reactions: LiseL

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
He looked like he knew what he was doing over the last 12 or whatever number of games of the season after we traded for him.
Then it was like he forgot how to play hockey over the summer.

Never seen such a drop off in play. It was so weird.

Reactions: bicboi64

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
He looked like he knew what he was doing over the last 12 or whatever number of games of the season after we traded for him.

He played with his natural instincts that first season for those games. Then he had a training camp with DJ and the wheels fell off.

• Haha
Reactions: LiseL and BigRig4

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014

Could extend this summer, needed to stay healthy.

Reactions: Dionysus and GCK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad