Confirmed with Link: Chychrun to WSH for Nick Jensen and 2026 3rd

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

R2010

May 23, 2011
I'm fine with this. Chychrun didn't work out and was going to leave in a year. The original trade didn't work out. It is what it is.

We are a better team with Jensen than Chychrun IMO and we weren't having any luck with RHD in free agency.

I think we should've gotten a 2nd round pick back but it is what it is...

Reactions: LiseL

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Dislike the pick, like Jensen, had soured on Chychrun hard because he sucked. Beef up the right side a bit more now please. Nice 3rd pairing guy to go with Kleven.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Jensen is not the solution we needed at RD. Too old.

The legacy of Dorion lives on and is still alive.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
awful return.... wasn't he seriously injured in April?

disappointed in our new management!
“Obviously, when you see a stretcher come out it’s always concerning, so I think it was a little scarier than it appeared to be. Not that it wasn’t a bad scene when anyone goes unconscious. If a stretcher wasn’t required and I was able to get up and walk off the ice, it obviously would have been a great sign to everyone watching, including my family. It was still scary — maybe not as scary as it seemed, but it was still something that I’ve never experienced and my family has never experienced.”

Jensen, somewhat incredibly, did not have to go to the hospital and walked out of Capital One Arena that night.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
It's brutal from a value perspective, but honestly, we got the better player.

All Chychrun had going for him was a decent shot that we didn't even need, nor was it that reliably effective. It was game-breaking, yet not.

Jensen is a Chris Tanev-like player, smooth skating defensive D with some muscle, on a 2 year $4m deal instead of a 6 year $4.5m deal.

Reactions: LiseL

Manhattan

Dec 23, 2013
Stockholm
Not a fan of this at all.
34 (when season starts) and doesn’t fit the time line or frame. So many RD at 30+ that would have been a better choice, Luke Schenn, Connor Murphy. Why not go for Marino in a 3-way trade?
This is beyond weak.

Not a fan of letting players walk for nothing but I feel it would have made more sense keeping him around and see where it goes, maybe trade around deadline or just keep him around to possibly extend or walk depending on the outcome of the season/his play.

A trade for Erik Karlsson would have made more sense for the community, ticket sales, souvenirs and so on. Pretty sure Pittsburgh would have taken Chychrun for Karlsson.
Would probably benefit from Karlsson past his playing career like Alfredsson.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I actually don't mind this deal. Jensen plays the right side, skates well, plays defensive. He's not as good as Chychrun should be, but Chychrun wasn't as good as he should be last season either. I think this is fine...if Jensen can have a bit of a bounce back.

He skates well? Why am I remembering him being slower than average?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Like that Jensen seems to be a good PK guy. Apparently has a good 1st pass, defense first, skates pretty well.

Definitely a better fit positionally.

I keep seeing some people say he's a good skater and others say he's old and slow...

I don't remember him ever being more than average skater in his prime, and now he's clearly slower than he uses to be, and the game is getting faster.

Can he still keep up with speedy forwards?

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
I keep seeing some people say he's a good skater and others say he's old and slow...

I don't remember him ever being more than average skater in his prime, and now he's clearly slower than he uses to be, and the game is getting faster.

Can he still keep up with speedy forwards?

Just what I read from a Washington fan. Mentioned he was banged up last year, but is generally a good skater. We will see how he looks this season. Hopefully skating is still solid.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
This trade means no more excuses for Chabot.

Although somehow I don't think it was Chychrun's fault he keeps fumbling pucks at the blue line.
Stay at home
Used to be somewhat good
At least underrated

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
I like this deal much better than the Perron-deal, lol.
Should the Sens have gotten more in quantity? Probably. Does it look terrible contrasted by what they had given up for Chychrun? Yes.

But quility-wise Jensen is a solid player. He is actually able to play defense, can skate. We finally could have a top 4 that is worth the name:

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - Jensen

The depth is missing, though.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Are we sure Jensen at 34 is better than Marino who we could have had for very cheap?

Are we sure?

I doubt that he will be, but I don't think we would have been able to outbid Utah for Marino. They have a war chest of picks they could afford to lose to ensure they get their guy.

Midwits laughed at my focus on asset management during the rebuild, but had we accumulated disposable future assets like Bill Armstrong did for the Yotes we could have overpaid for good RD like Marino and not given it a second thought.

Dorion's awful asset management has put Staios in a tough spot. We don't have many expendable assets to take the leap to the next level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad