Confirmed with Link: Chychrun to WSH for Nick Jensen and 2026 3rd

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Is Jensen a defensive guy? I feel like that's more important than anything here. We needed a defensive guy for Chabot or Chychrun. We had Chabot signed so Chychrun was the one to go.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Value is not great. But that's dictated by the market, if someone was making an offer of a 1st, Sens would have done it.

Hopefully Jensen provides solid defense and can play in the top 4 with Sandy or Chabot.

Reactions: DrEasy

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
This trade means no more excuses for Chabot.

Although somehow I don't think it was Chychrun's fault he keeps fumbling pucks at the blue line.

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
I actually don't mind this deal. Jensen plays the right side, skates well, plays defensive. He's not as good as Chychrun should be, but Chychrun wasn't as good as he should be last season either. I think this is fine...if Jensen can have a bit of a bounce back.
1719851534823.png

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
I actually don't mind this deal. Jensen plays the right side, skates well, plays defensive. He's not as good as Chychrun should be, but Chychrun wasn't as good as he should be last season either. I think this is fine...if Jensen can have a bit of a bounce back.
Yeah. Value was a bit surprising at first. But Jensen is actually a really good fit.

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - Jensen

Should actually be a very good, balanced top-4. Having Zub and Jensen as steady, natural RD partners for Sanderson and Chabot is should really help clean things up defensively. This shouldn't be a bad defensive team anymore.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Need to get the thought that Chychrun was a very valuable commodity out of our minds.

What we have up for him has nothing to do with what he was worth right now.
Ding ding ding.

Chychrun is very overrated.. stupidly, Pierre Dorion fell for the bait a year ago.

I actually don’t mind the deal a bit. Jensen is older, but the Sens got better today. Unfortunately, we had to sign Perron.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I think we have to give SS a bit of rope to undo some of the PD moves that he feels didn't work. Chychrun just didn't work at all. His peers obviously know it so they played hard ball. Staios had to move him though. Jensen better not be falling off a cliff though - his advanced stats last year weren't great at all. Before that he was a steady RD on a good deal. We need that player. If he is still effective, we're a better team next year and I am happy for it.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
I think we have to give SS a bit of rope to undo some of the PD moves that he feels didn't work. Chychrun just didn't work at all. His peers obviously know it so they played hard ball. Staios had to move him though. Jensen better not be falling off a cliff though - his advanced stats last year weren't great at all. Before that he was a steady RD on a good deal. We need that player. If he is still effective, we're a better team next year and I am happy for it.

He's right around that age where guys can totally lose it. Same age as Hamonic.

Of course, Tanev is also that age and we'd have done cartwheels to get him.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Funny that 1.5 years ago Chych's main weakness was considered to be his health, so supposedly that yielded a discount. Now that he's finally played a full season, his value plummeted and he went for peanuts.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

And it's only two years. Gives Staios time to find another RD, or perhaps Yak might be ready by 26-27.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad