Player Discussion Christian Dvorak Part 2

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He's a plug and play option, if your below average 4th line C needs rest. These kind of jack of all trades players are premium.

Imagine NOT having him on ice and your team playing 4 against 5. Add Dvorak and suddenly situation is so much more balanced. Intangibles this guy carries around and no one takes a note.

Wanna win a faceoff? Send him in, then take him out. Boom, another won faceoff in the bank, just like that. They don't make 'em like him anymore. Give him skates and throw in the rink. I'm telling you, he's gonna skate, have puck touches and shifts, the whole enchilada.
Such an underrated post. You’d have 59 likes if this was literally any other player’s thread

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
If Dvorak were a meal, he'd be a hard-boiled egg, white rice, and a glass of room-temperature water.

If the phrase "no seasoning" was a hockey player, it'd be Christian Dvorak.
I think that with both bottom C’s. Maybe I have played too many strategy games but you win with a tank, a scout, a healer… not with a bunch of average stat generic pre-skill point shuffled characters. Recipe to finnish mid at best, lower if other teams can strategize.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Him, Gallagher and Anderson all need to go. Probably Armia too.
Armia was outstanding over his last 40 games. If he can build on or just simply repeat that effort he is a bargain and must be kept. Dvorak is also severely under appreciated and I get it as he hasn't met expectations but that has been more health related than anything as he is a good third line center when healthy.

Anderson has some great physical tools but his IQ is about as low as you can get and still play in the NHL. He does not appear to be a fit in MSL's system and while I have not given up hope I think he likely would be better else where in a more basic system that incorporates less East/West movement.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Armia was outstanding over his last 40 games. If he can build on or just simply repeat that effort he is a bargain and must be kept. Dvorak is also severely under appreciated and I get it as he hasn't met expectations but that has been more health related than anything as he is a good third line center when healthy.

Anderson has some great physical tools but his IQ is about as low as you can get and still play in the NHL. He does not appear to be a fit in MSL's system and while I have not given up hope I think he likely would be better else where in a more basic system that incorporates less East/West movement.
It is true that Armia was pretty good after getting his ass shipped to the AHL. We'll have to wait and see which version comes to camp. Lazy ass and inspired ass.

Dvorak is painfully safe and boring but a winning team needs more from a 3rd line C.

The donkey doesn't bring anything anymore. Took me a lot to get sick of him but when you're not scoring points in any way, and you're a 6"4" supposed power forward, play with some jam! Show something! Do something! He wasn't even hitting last year and wasn't defending team mates. Unacceptable.

I notice you didn't mention Gallagher, who I was also once a fan of ...but yeah, not a lot left to say on that matter.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I notice you didn't mention Gallagher, who I was also once a fan of ...but yeah, not a lot left to say on that matter.

I feel so bad sh*tting on Gallagher lol

He actually played much better as the season moved along but I absolutely go ape sh*t bananas when he routinely gives up possession in favour of terrible bad angle shots. So as long as he is not ruining great cycles or prematurely killing plays with these shots and is playing with blue collar linemates I can get behind him.......just keep him away from the Dach and Suzuki lines. Personally I see him with Evans, Anderson/Pezzetta on a very good 4th line where these guys can forecheck and out pucks on net in the offensive zone while being solid defensively.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I feel so bad sh*tting on Gallagher lol

He actually played much better as the season moved along but I absolutely go ape sh*t bananas when he routinely gives up possession in favour of terrible bad angle shots. So as long as he is not ruining great cycles or prematurely killing plays with these shots and is playing with blue collar linemates I can get behind him.......just keep him away from the Dach and Suzuki lines. Personally I see him with Evans, Anderson/Pezzetta on a very good 4th line where these guys can forecheck and out pucks on net in the offensive zone while being solid defensively.
Gallagher through no fault of his own was given a contract that most experts knew would not age well. That is not his fault. While his skills have diminished, his heart is as large as ever. Gotta respect that.

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
Dvorak is under appreciated, but he’s slow af and doesn’t fit the system . Imagine having kept Danault instead of him.

Reactions: Tyson

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Gallagher through no fault of his own was given a contract that most experts knew would not age well. That is not his fault. While his skills have diminished, his heart is as large as ever. Gotta respect that.

Hell yes! This guy is a warrior but the dumb, bad angle shot has always infuriated me. He will sneak a couple into the net every season .......after destroying countless possessions.

MB made a foolish signing but Gallagher played hardball and should not be let off of the hook entirely but I will never question his heart and whether he truly believed that he would be a 30+goal guy all through this contract. I think every poster here knew it was a terrible contract for the Habs from the moment it was announced but I don't think for a second that Gallagher ever doubted his ability to earn every penny from a effort and performance perspective. Unfortunately the same confidence that has made him an overachiever led him to dig in on MB and hold his feet to the fire until MB literally broke down and agreed to Gallagher's demands.

Gallagher is such a true heart and soul player for this organization that I am ok with him being grossly overpaid as a bottom sixer and quite likely a 4th liner for the majority of the remaining term on his deal as he will be coming off the books at a time when we will really be able to reinvest his cap hit. I think he has something in him that is valuable to the organization as a conduit to the younger players of what it means to wear this jersey and how important winning in Montreal is.

Reactions: Walksss and Tyson

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Dvorak is under appreciated, but he’s slow af and doesn’t fit the system . Imagine having kept Danault instead of him.

He isn't "slow af" as he is a decent skater who tends to lay back and not push the pace but when he returned late last season he clearly demonstrated another gear that we had not seen much of from him in Montreal. He will never be a burner but his skating is actually quite good when you consider his balance and edgework along with his ability to push the pace that he displayed at the end of the season.

I always knew that he was a better skater than most fans but there were all sorts of posters and even the broadcasters commenting on him having a gear that they had not previously witnessed. Much like Jake Evans who played a strict F3 at Notre Dame and did not display his skating until he was aked to play with more pace at the professional level.This narrative is mistakingly based more on play style than ability and hopefully Dvorak comes to camp with more determination to be proactive and aggressive than reactive and passive.

Last edited:

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Dvorak holds more value to the Habs right now than in a trade so it make sense to keep him this year.

We don't have a ton of depth down the middle, even with Dvorak should an injury occur to a centre then either Newhook will have to get moved to C or we are calling up someone like Gignac unless Beck shows he is ready.

Dvorak will be in a spot where he can be more effective in the bottom six where he will just need to be solid defensively, win faceoffs and chip in around 30 or so points.

Reactions: Miller Time

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Considering Armia's career, I am not optimistic on him repeating or improving on his career year.

Habs

Who needs Michkov when you've got Bustbacher
Feb 28, 2002
You'd be happy as hell to get a Dvorak that late in the draft.

Leblanc at 18
Tinordi at 22
Nate the Great at 17
McCarron at 25
Scherbak at 26
Juulsen at 26
Poehling at 25

I'll take Dvorak thank you very much...

Sir, we need to talk

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
My favorite is when he tries some top 6er move once in a blue moon , a toe drag or some spin move , never works but you know he's having flashbacks of when he used to enjoy the game of hockey :laugh:

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Dvorak I can honestly say has never found is game in Montreal.

He was respectable his first year here but ever since he's always either injured or providing next to nothing.

He was put in a shitty position from the get-go here, he was a 25 year old who never put up more than 38 points and was asked to be a second line C on a team who just made the cup finals.

If he stays healthy he can likely still be a decent 3rd line C somewhere else, however he's just not a fit here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad