CHL/NCAA

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Full ride. Basketball went up to 15, football will be 100-105. This is all part the 3 billion dollar revenue package being shared.
Interesting. That will make a big difference for recruiting provided the athletic programs are fine with doling out that many.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Assuming former CHLers are academicaĺly inclined...

I think that is a dramatic statement by Friedman. USports Hockey may be competitive for the players but it isn’t a spectator sport. The average attendance is low and there is not significant media presence of any kind. All that will happen is the quality will go down and weaker hockey players will play. It’s not like the attendance will suffer.

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
USHL might better just become a part of the CHL here soon.
I don't think it will end well for the USHL and the BCHL for that matter after the vote happens.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I think that is a dramatic statement by Friedman. USports Hockey may be competitive for the players but it isn’t a spectator sport. The average attendance is low and there is not significant media presence of any kind. All that will happen is the quality will go down and weaker hockey players will play. It’s not like the attendance will suffer.
I would agree. The Windsor Lancers play in a 500 seat recreational arena. Obviously it isn't big business and a form of hockey but this Friedman doesn't need to be clutching pearls on this.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I would agree. The Windsor Lancers play in a 500 seat recreational arena. Obviously it isn't big business and a form of hockey but this Friedman doesn't need to be clutching pearls on this.

The quality of the hockey will go down undoubtedly but does it matter? Decisions are made for Junior/Midget hockey and competitiveness etc. No one really cares. We are talking about fringe leagues that exist more for competitive recreation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad