BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Shades of

Made me think of this

1719104074463.png

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
I do think the first goal is important. I think if Edmonton scores first they have a chance to mentally detonate the Panthers and Bobrovsky.

But if Florida scores first, will probably give them some confidence and I think it will be a much more difficult game.
This.

Someone here observed before the series started (forget who) that Bobrovsky's lows are way low. Scoring first to "mentally detonate" them is going to be critical for keeping the lows sustained and not allowing any ray of hope to enter in.

On the flip side, if Florida scores first and Bob gets a couple of big saves, then I think there's a much higher possibility of getting goalied like we were in Game 1.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
When they first announced the firing of Woodcroft and hiring of Knoblauch, I wasn’t sure a raw rookie NHL coach was going to be the answer. But I quickly saw how intelligent of a coach he is. He immediately reminded me of Cooper, just a brilliant mind at reading the other team and figuring out how to exploit their system and players. How he wasn’t up for the Adams considering they were 2-9-1 when he took over and finished the season with something like a .720 winning percentage is nothing short of incredible but also a massive snub for coach of the year.

Tochett should sack up and tell the league there’s this guy in Edmonton who deserves it more than he does. But…I’m pretty sure there’s a different trophy Knoblauch would rather get his name on instead of that one.
When I first heard about the hire, I overreacted. I thought JJ was just hiring KK because he was McDavid’s junior coach.

But I have liked KK from his first interview honestly. Hes humble, thoughtful and actually answers questions unlike Woodcroft who used big words and fancy phrases to deflect when he had no answers to problems.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Not sure why some outsiders are comparing this to 2006

2006 was a Cinderella team (quite honestly)

2024 has the best player in the world and was the best team in the NHL since Nov
The parallel would only really be that we were down in that series but clawed back, including a dominant game 6 win.

But that isn't a real similarity. It doesn't predict what game 7 will be like. That 2006 Oilers squad had to overcome losing maybe its best player in Roloson and they were a radically different team. So there isn't a substantial comparison other than the fan factor

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Remember how dark things were back in November? I bet Elliotte was giddy to say Edmonton is not a desirable destination.

I remember I was as obnoxiously optimistic about things as ever, but even I was saying that the goal was to maybe eke into a wildcard spot and then have a puncher's chance at winning a couple rounds.

Then we had a 16 game winning streak (among other streaks), came close to winning the division, and now look at us.

The real low point has been brought up on these boards before: that Carolina game where McDavid looked absolutely depressed and out of answers, with Draisaitl giving him a brotherly tap to try to cheer him up

Reactions: Gordian Knot

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Remember how dark things were back in November? I bet Elliotte was giddy to say Edmonton is not a desirable destination.

This playoff run we've had will attract the exact type of free agents that we want. Guys that have watched the games on TV and aren't wallflowers, and crave the experience of a true hockey experience, and a chance to win a SC with elite players. We don't want the Elias P's of the world who wilt under pressure and can't wait for the off season, we want balls to the wall winners.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
First goal might seal the game for the Oilers but tbh I think even if the Panthers score first the Oilers'll be fine as long as they just play their game. They've been the better team in this series outside of game 2, 6-7 minutes in game 3, and the last half of game 5. Bobrovsky doesn't look like he's got any more game 1s or 3s left in his bag, so just play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad