GDT: Chicago @ Carolina—Tuesday, October 15, 7 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
The canes hanging helpless in a baby's crib seems all the more poignant after that period.

It's fun watching a good team play though, the hawks are awesome. There's some entertainment value in watching.

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
He's been on the ice for 10 goals against and 0 goals scored. Through 6 and a 1/3rd games. That's not exactly encouraging.

Oh, well that trumps little details like others blowing defensive coverage and soft goals. What an ironclad argument. Totally.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
Yeah this isn't all on Bellemore but I'll be damn if the puck doesn't stay in our zone when he's on the ice. Staal leadership is also questionable. Ward groin is playing OK. Ruutu compete crashes the net but lost his touch. Our offense is a bit too predictable and it's getting a bit easy to shutdown our cycle. Rush is non-existant but when it happens bad angle shot clears the zone. D NEVER can get the puck to the net which hurts when we have down low presence.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Holy hell, that's not a good statistic.

Not all that surprising since he's a career minor leaguer they are asking to play in the top 4. Not unlike when they do the same with Harrison for God knows what reason. If they didn't have to have Murphy on the team Bellemore/Harrison 3rd pairing wouldn't be terrible.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Not all that surprising since he's a career minor leaguer they are asking to play in the top 4. Not unlike when they do the same with Harrison for God knows what reason. If they didn't have to have Murphy on the team Bellemore/Harrison 3rd pairing wouldn't be terrible.

Aside from being the slowest pairing in the history of the NHL. :laugh:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Oh, well that trumps little details like others blowing defensive coverage and soft goals. What an ironclad argument. Totally.

Who blew the assignment when he got beat on the breakaway? Or gave the puck away in front of his own net? Clearly he can't be held accountable for that right?

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
Who blew the assignment when he got beat on the breakaway? Or gave the puck away in front of his own net? Clearly he can't be held accountable for that right?

Sure he can be, but that wasn't the vague, broad brushstroke "stat" you threw out was it.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
the Canes are not this bad. they have some very good players to perform far better than this. you are watching a failing system. believe it or not.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
$10 says we are too in 2-3 games.

We haven't been much better lately, I say as objectively and painfully as possible.

Sad but true.

The thing about Peters is, in four seasons, I haven't seen anything from him to indicate that he'll ever be even a backup NHL goalie.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
30 NHL teams will generate $200,000 total? Seriously? Honestly, that's a joke. If this was actually about fighting cancer rather than PR, each team could just toss that amount of cash in the pot without a second thought. In the scale of an NHL team's budget...

But we all know that this is a stunt that goes to a fake charity where all the money goes to "raising awareness". Where "raising awareness" apparently only seems to consist of teaching businesses and pro sports teams how painting things pink helps their PR efforts.

Kind of like MLB's flag caps for July 4 where some small, unspecified percentage of the profit from the hats they sold went to help Veterans. Who wants to bet that that percentage was $10 a year and a get well card?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I actually thought Peters was decent the year we called him up.

Then I saw him constantly give up numerous early 3rd period goals in a row the next and wished we had kept Manny Legace instead.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
On a lighter note, I'm digging the wing chick in that commercial. Or just the excessive TnA nature of how it was shot. It's like one step away from spicetv. You guys have better commercials than we do here,that's for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad