GDT: Chicago Blackhawks @ Nashville Predators - 2:00pm EST / 1:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
His combo of height/reach, strength, defensive IQ, lateral mobility and soft skills allow him to read defensive plays and close gaps, cut off cycles, relieve pressure with small area passes, box out forwards and jump into the play faciliating offense when needed. You know, stuff defenseman need to do.

No he doesn't have Korchinski's offensive passing abillity and overall probably doesn't have enough offense in him to become a true top pair guy. I could see him becoming a K'Andre Miller two-way type once he fully develops and is on a competent team, which is more valuable to me than any offensive defenseman with defensive deficiencies (which is selling KK short to be fair)
A lot of what you’re saying here relates to Vlasic having better knowledge of how to use his tools as opposed to outright having better tools.

That’s to be expected. Vlasic is 3 years older and has a full season of pro experience whereas Korchinski is a 19 year old rookie

Not every top pairing D has to be an offensive monster. If you have someone like KK on your top pair as your offensive D(in the future), and then Vlasic lining up next to him as a brick wall of a defensive D, there's nothing wrong with that top pair. Most offensive guys need a good defensive D partner because they take a lot of chances and get involved in the O zone a ton.
They’re both left shots though so I doubt they’re ever paired together. Very real possibility that we’ve already found the guys that will anchor the top two pairings on the next good hawks team though

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
A lot of what you’re saying here relates to Vlasic having better knowledge of how to use his tools as opposed to outright having better tools.

That’s to be expected. Vlasic is 3 years older and has a full season of pro experience whereas Korchinski is a 19 year old rookie

They’re both left shots though so I doubt they’re ever paired together. Very real possibility that we’ve already found the guys that will anchor the top two pairings on the next good hawks team though
Yeah, I wasn't necessarily saying that they'd be paired. Just that your top pairing usually falls into two players like them. A good offensive D, and a good defensive D.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Korchinski just needs to be way more physically engaged. He doesn’t need to run over guys but he also just let Josi go right by him. Either be a stick defender or a body defender but you can’t do neither.

He will learn hopefully. He should play way less 5 on 5 and be playing way more PP.

Really think it should be Reichel Bedard Kurashev at the end of the day.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
How long was Bedards shift before that icing? I feel like you gotta have him out there for that faceoff.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Been saying it all year the Hawks forwards have no ability to handle an aggressive forcheck. Not sure if its the system but they have no idea how to get the puck out as soon as theres pressure put on them.

Reactions: Jimmy2Times

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Idk what they should do with Korchinski because he belongs in the AHL.
Too good for juniors, not ready for the NHL.

I'm leaning toward the plan that was talked about a lot this summer being what they do. Keep him with the Hawks until the WJC, release him to go play there and then he finishes the season in Seattle.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Curious?

Dom's model has been the only public model that I've seen that has been super down on SJ since he got traded to the Hawks. I haven't seen Evolving Hockey's model though.

Also, SJ plays half the game on a bottom 5 roster in the league, against the best competition night in and night out. I think a lot of players would look bad in that situation.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Kurashev seems like he is going to benefit from the Bedard selection like few others, they seem to know where eachother are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad