GDT: Chicago Blackhawks @ Nashville Predators - 2:00pm EST / 1:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
He’s 19. 19 year old vlasic was in college. Hard to say. But he certainly has a ton of tools
to be fair Korchinski would probably be in junior if he wasn't on the Blackhawks

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Soda won’t be an NHL goalie. No rebound control, he’ll be in Europe in three years.

Jones is quickly becoming my least favourite Blackhawk. And he wants to be captain lol.

Reactions: HLLYWD99

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
I respect that that these Hawks want to hurt Nashville's draft odds. Enjoy that long term thinking on their part.

Jimmy2Times

Oct 24, 2019
This is worse than the Avs game for me because that was supposed to be a mugging. This... this is just embarrassing

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I feel some people still refuse to accept this is a bottom 3 roster in the league. Only for sure are the Sharks worse

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Vlasic might f*** around and become a #1 with his tools

I just don't think he'll ever have the offensive ability which will hold him back.. but I'll take him becoming like his cousin (with likely less offense) who is a hell of a defensive defenseman.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I think it’s underrated just how much a bad powerplay kills the momentum of a team.

Every time the Hawks come off a bad one (they’re all bad) they look completely flat. And yet, adjustments are few and far between. It’s frustrating.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Not even close. The only “tool” Vlasic has over korchinksi is being 6’6
His combo of height/reach, strength, defensive IQ, lateral mobility and soft skills allow him to read defensive plays and close gaps, cut off cycles, relieve pressure with small area passes, box out forwards and jump into the play faciliating offense when needed. You know, stuff defenseman need to do.

No he doesn't have Korchinski's offensive passing abillity and overall probably doesn't have enough offense in him to become a true top pair guy. I could see him becoming a K'Andre Miller two-way type once he fully develops and is on a competent team, which is more valuable to me than any offensive defenseman with defensive deficiencies (which is selling KK short to be fair)

Reactions: Muffinalt

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Just saw that finnish guy try to put the puck between his legs. If hes got that kind of confidence with 3 points on the season Id love to see him at a ppg

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
His combo of height/reach, strength, defensive IQ, lateral mobility and soft skills allow him to read defensive plays and close gaps, cut off cycles, relieve pressure with small area passes, box out forwards and jump into the play faciliating offense when needed. You know, stuff defenseman need to do.

No he doesn't have Korchinski's offensive passing abillity and overall probably doesn't have enough offense in him to become a true top pair guy. I could see him becoming a K'Andre Miller two-way type once he fully develops and is on a competent team, which is more valuable to me than any offensive defenseman with defensive deficiencies (which is selling KK short to be fair)
Not every top pairing D has to be an offensive monster. If you have someone like KK on your top pair as your offensive D(in the future), and then Vlasic lining up next to him as a brick wall of a defensive D, there's nothing wrong with that top pair. Most offensive guys need a good defensive D partner because they take a lot of chances and get involved in the O zone a ton.

Reactions: Callidusblackhawk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad