Rumor: Chicago Blackhawks Looking to trade Duncan Keith

David Bruce Banner

Acid Raven Bed Burn
Mar 25, 2008
Waaaaay over there
Vancouver fans are funny, they hate on Keith but I remember when we acquired Raffi Torres and everybody here loved him and he's possibly the dirtiest player ever to play for us...

Come on, this is a team that has employed Tiger Williams, Tim Hunter, Bobby Schmautz and Randy Holt... who I once saw get waved in to take a faceoff, took it literally and just cross-checked the other guy in the face.

Torres might have been the best hitter to ever play for us, but yes due to the sheer volume of his hits, some were late and he did jump into the hits on occasion. So yeah, he was dirty, especially for the era he played in. But I'd say he was also more intimidating to play against than any "enforcer" we ever had.

Reactions: bandwagonesque

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
How was rypien a punk?

Most hockey fans remember him best for attacking a fan after being kicked out of a game for being too much of a goon. I found his underlying problems very sad as we all did but as a player he was basically just a thug...

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
actually it is really weird you are trying to make an issue of it.

I asked him what his issue was after making essentially the same comment three times. He proceeded to freak out and I found that weird. Is it normal to reply "f*** off" in response to someone asking a question?

keith's wife cheated on him with a team mate and then he ended up paying a ton of child and spousal support.

Oh boy. Just like how Kesler slept with Schneider's wife, or whatever the story was, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: m9 and rypper

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
well no.... we don't have too..... just like someone of us will never forgive Mike Keenan or mark Messier. well either way I have bad news for you, he's not coming here.

I don't want him either, because his game is declining and because of his cap hit. I'm not still holding onto a hit from 9 years ago that clearly did not hamper Daniel Sedin's career.

That's what you need to let go, that false narrative that Daniel declined due to that hit. If he had PCS, he'd be having trouble with bright lights like Chris Pronger, not putting up close to Point per game seasons. It may have made him more tentative, but frankly, that was always the knock on the Sedins.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
People have very different symptoms and experiences with post concussion syndrome. Just because Chris Pronger dealt with light sensitivity it doesn't mean Daniel Sedin will.

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
this is kind of amusing, but this place has rules, so like i told the other guy, sure, absolutely, it was an "alleged affair". my bad.

If that truly happened why would they sign him back in 2017. 2 years and Keith is all good with it now? Don't be ridiculous.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Vancouver fans are funny, they hate on Keith but I remember when we acquired Raffi Torres and everybody here loved him and he's possibly the dirtiest player ever to play for us...

IIRC Torres didn’t have a suspension history when we acquired him. If he was suspended previously for elbowing a Canucks player in the head when we acquired him then ya it would be funny. But Torres didn’t do that did he?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Torres might have been the best hitter to ever play for us, but yes due to the sheer volume of his hits, some were late and he did jump into the hits on occasion. So yeah, he was dirty, especially for the era he played in. But I'd say he was also more intimidating to play against than any "enforcer" we ever had.

No so sure about that. Tiger Williams and Donald Brashear were feared enforcers. Tiger Williams was before my time by Brashear in his prime here was certainly among the top 3 fighters in the league. Torres can fight but he usually doesn’t. In terms of being an intimidating hitter, I would say Bertuzzi was more intimidating. Torres hits were splashy but take away his hits to the head and is he the most intimidating hitter ever? I don’t think so. Torres threw big hits but he needed to charge at players. Bert could roam around and glide into a player. When Bert caught a player like he did Jackman he did some real damage.

There is simply a size difference between Bert and Torres. Bert in his prime here was probably playing at around 245lbs and he stood 6’3”. Torres might not have been a whole lot lighter but he stood 6’0”.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
If that truly happened why would they sign him back in 2017. 2 years and Keith is all good with it now? Don't be ridiculous.

i just agreed these are all just allegations. why do you still want to discuss them?

also, stevie nicks and lindsay buckingham suggest you go read a rock star biography or three and learn about how people in successful closeknit groups handle infidelity. if you have two bad albums in a row, or you go out in the first round of the playoffs two years straight and your window is closing, maybe you are willing to bring the old band back together.

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
i just agreed these are all just allegations. why do you still want to discuss them?

also, stevie nicks and lindsay buckingham suggest you go read a rock star biography or three and learn about how people in successful closeknit groups handle infidelity. if you have two bad albums in a row, or you go out in the first round of the playoffs two years straight and your window is closing, maybe you are willing to bring the old band back together.

Because you're saying you agree and then in the same breath continuing to push unfounded rumors.

That's one of the oldest hockey tropes there is. "Oh player x was traded because he slept with player y's significant other. "

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Because you're saying you agree and then in the same breath continuing to push unfounded rumors.

That's one of the oldest hockey tropes there is. "Oh player x was traded because he slept with player y's significant other. "

i would say, we have seen what happens when players do what is being accused and know how it turns out.

just ask McLean and Brown.

David Bruce Banner

Acid Raven Bed Burn
Mar 25, 2008
Waaaaay over there
No so sure about that. Tiger Williams and Donald Brashear were feared enforcers. Tiger Williams was before my time by Brashear in his prime here was certainly among the top 3 fighters in the league. Torres can fight but he usually doesn’t. In terms of being an intimidating hitter, I would say Bertuzzi was more intimidating. Torres hits were splashy but take away his hits to the head and is he the most intimidating hitter ever? I don’t think so. Torres threw big hits but he needed to charge at players. Bert could roam around and glide into a player. When Bert caught a player like he did Jackman he did some real damage.

There is simply a size difference between Bert and Torres. Bert in his prime here was probably playing at around 245lbs and he stood 6’3”. Torres might not have been a whole lot lighter but he stood 6’0”.

Brashear was a top fighter, but who was ever afraid when he was on the ice, outside of maybe the other team's enforcer? He had little to no effect on the other team's play. Williams was just a clown. Due to the style of the game those days, it could be argued he had more effect on the game as he would high stick, elbow and face wash everyone on the other team... star... tough guy... didn't matter.
As for Torres, height doesn't make for a good hitter, otherwise Hal Gill would be remembered more than Scott Stevens. Width is probably more important. Torres hit everything that moved, sometimes in a dirty manner... when he was on the ice, the other team had to have their head on a swivel. Players rush plays and made mistakes because they didn't want to get steamrolled (and concussed). I'd argue that was more intimidating as Brashear's play. Bert, on the other hand, when he was on... man, he could be scary.

Reactions: Get North

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

you are totally overplaying your hand here. i have honestly admitted it is just an allegation. you are now disingenuously pretending there is no foundation for it all. that's just not correct.

and it's a "trope" because it happens. super rich guys in their twenties do tend to sleep with their friends' superhot wives and vice versa. ever since the world began. don't take my work for it. look it up under "human nature" in the dictionary.

and how am i pushing it? i literally conceded it was not proven and have only responded to your posts and questions since. if any one is pushing it, you clearly are by attempting to pretend there is no possibility it happened.

and for the record it's also not "unfounded", it's just not a proven allegation. there's a very solid foundation for this particular affair as rumours go. go look it up. there are plenty of "facts" pedaled by you and others here on far more conjecture and far less of a foundation than this one.

and to be clear, that is why i am laughing at you and the other poster. you traffic in ridiculous inference, rumour, supposition and innuendo all day here and so long as it's about team management figures you irrationally hate, it's just fine, no matter how unpleasant and baseless the imputation. but should anyone suggest that consenting adults are having sex with each other out of matrimony, you get the vapours. i laugh at your hypocrisy and lack of self knowledge.

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
you are totally overplaying your hand here. i have honestly admitted it is just an allegation. you are now disingenuously pretending there is no foundation for it all. that's just not correct.

and it's a "trope" because it happens. super rich guys in their twenties do tend to sleep with their friends' superhot wives and vice versa. ever since the world began. don't take my work for it. look it up under "human nature" in the dictionary.

and how am i pushing it? i literally conceded it was not proven and have only responded to your posts and questions since. if any one is pushing it, you clearly are by attempting to pretend there is no possibility it happened.

and for the record it's also not "unfounded", it's just not a proven allegation. there's a very solid foundation for this particular affair as rumours go. go look it up. there are plenty of "facts" pedaled by you and others here on far more conjecture and far less of a foundation than this one.

and to be clear, that is why i am laughing at you and the other poster. you traffic in ridiculous inference, rumour, supposition and innuendo all day here and so long as it's about team management figures you irrationally hate, it's just fine, no matter how unpleasant and baseless the imputation. but should anyone suggest that consenting adults are having sex with each other out of matrimony, you get the vapours. i laugh at your hypocrisy and lack of self knowledge.

What a useless waste of words.

Do you really think the Blackhawks would bring Sharp back to the team, knowing that he'd slept with their star defensemans wife? Someone that he'd been with since a teenager. Something that could completely destroy a locker room.

No doubt it happens but not as much as hockey fans like to believe and I definitely dispute it in this instance, for the reason I've repeated.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Most hockey fans remember him best for attacking a fan after being kicked out of a game for being too much of a goon. I found his underlying problems very sad as we all did but as a player he was basically just a thug...

You do realize that he was suffering from mental health issues at the time right? Rypien can play hockey.

Reactions: rypper

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
Yes I do, note my reference to his "underlying problems". If he was so good why did we cut him loose?

He had strong ties to Winnipeg. He spent a ton of time playing for the Moose and when Winnipeg got the Jets back he opted to sign there.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Yes I do, note my reference to his "underlying problems". If he was so good why did we cut him loose?

You have to ask Mike Gillis that. But it is a business and Rypien was on leave for an extended period of time the season before. I don't know of any Canucks fans besides you who didn't like having him on the Canucks 4th line. He wasn't like Hordichuk or Sestito. Rypien was more like Motte with fists of thunder.

Reactions: mathonwy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad