Rumor: Chicago Blackhawks Looking to trade Duncan Keith

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If Edler isn't brought back and Schmidt is traded, I could definitely see the Canucks being in on Keith. He'd be insurance in case Rathbone and Juolevi aren't ready to play.

His contract has two more years to run at $5.5m.....but if the Hawks were willing to take on one of the bad contracts the Canucks have for veterans in the final year of their deals, then this could work.

Not sure how Canuck fans would react though.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Benning loves big names, that's the only thing that makes me think he could have interest. But I'm sure he's going to use his time chasing OEL again.

Reactions: Nucker101

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Why in the world would Chicago make this trade?! If anything feels like they are trying to remove cap not take back equally (or worse) players/cap hit.

Keith has an NMC and wants to go to the west coast with Vancouver being the most ideal location. Chicago is getting rid of one year’s worth of Keith’s cap hit in the deal. Hardly insignificant. I am viewing Virtanen as a player that Chicago might be interested in but he could be removed from the deal. It costs virtually nothing in cap hit to buy him out.

Marleau’s one year cap hit was traded for the 13th overall pick. I am proposing this deal in jest but this is a comparable deal to the Marleau trade.

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
Keith has an NMC and wants to go to the west coast with Vancouver being the most ideal location. Chicago is getting rid of one year’s worth of Keith’s cap hit in the deal. Hardly insignificant. I am viewing Virtanen as a player that Chicago might be interested in but he could be removed from the deal. It costs virtually nothing in cap hit to buy him out.

Marleau’s one year cap hit was traded for the 13th overall pick. I am proposing this deal in jest but this is a comparable deal to the Marleau trade.

Virtanen and his current issues with fit in well in Chicago.

Reactions: racerjoe

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Guy is way past his peak. Sad part is he is still top pairing compared to our D.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
What's with this thread? I would love to bring Keith here if it means also getting a goodie in return for taking on his contract.
You do realize the Canucks are Cap screwed right now? This is what they did with Schmidt and apparently now trying to get rid of his contract.

Its sad that JB has no understanding of the value of cap space. Not to save money, but leave you room to maneuver at the trade deadline, and the ED.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Virtanen and his current issues with fit in well in Chicago.

I didn't want to say it :oops: .

It doesn't look like Keith will be coming to Vancouver though. Probably doesn't posses the type of character we want our team's leaders/veterans to have.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Vancouver not on his list because he wants to win he said.

Seattle and Edmonton are.

so he’s thinking an expansion team has a better shot than us and he’s not wrong. Crazy where we are.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Vancouver not on his list because he wants to win he said.

Seattle and Edmonton are.

so he’s thinking an expansion team has a better shot than us and he’s not wrong. Crazy where we are.

Lol. He thinks he is somehow a hot commodity when he has negative value.

Reactions: Red

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
Maybe he's really looking forward to playing with Luke Henman?

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Vancouver fans are funny, they hate on Keith but I remember when we acquired Raffi Torres and everybody here loved him and he's possibly the dirtiest player ever to play for us...

Reactions: m9

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Lol. He thinks he is somehow a hot commodity when he has negative value.

True. He’s an anchor at that contract and 38 years old but his point remains. A team with no current roster has a better chance at winning than our 7 year rebuilt team.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Right or wrong I don’t think whoever acquires Keith is looking at it as a cap dump.
I would wonder about his motivation at this point in his career.

rare for players who play 15 years for one team ask out with term left on the contract. Marleau and Pacelski would have stayed if SJ offer was close.

his salary isn’t much at $2.1 and $1.5 mill.

Edm is the closest team to going deep but still not great. So he’s not gaining another cup shot with his choices.

desire for him is to be near family and his son above all else. And his son, is he in a big city or a smaller one like Penticton where Keith is from?

he would be asked to be a mentor to a D core and ideally asked to play fewer minutes.

He could also call it a career or develop something to land on ltir, as Chicago is expert at it.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I would wonder about his motivation at this point in his career.

rare for players who play 15 years for one team ask out with term left on the contract. Marleau and Pacelski would have stayed if SJ offer was close.

his salary isn’t much at $2.1 and $1.5 mill.

Edm is the closest team to going deep but still not great. So he’s not gaining another cup shot with his choices.

desire for him is to be near family and his son above all else. And his son, is he in a big city or a smaller one like Penticton where Keith is from?

he would be asked to be a mentor to a D core and ideally asked to play fewer minutes.

He could also call it a career or develop something to land on ltir, as Chicago is expert at it.

hard to answer a lot of those questions, but from the reports he wants to win, and be closer to family if he is moving on.

sure the pickings are slim but I am also sure guys like him think they can be that price the team may be missing.

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
Vancouver fans are funny, they hate on Keith but I remember when we acquired Raffi Torres and everybody here loved him and he's possibly the dirtiest player ever to play for us...

This shouldn't be hard to understand...

Vancouver fans don't hate Keith because he's dirty.

Vancouver fans hate Keith because he threw a dirty hit and injured Daniel Sedin.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
This shouldn't be hard to understand...

Vancouver fans don't hate Keith because he's dirty.

Vancouver fans hate Keith because he threw a dirty hit and injured Daniel Sedin.

You forgot to add "immediately after Sedin laid a cheap shot on him"...

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
He has to keep playing until his contract is over, his ex woman taking that child support money so he needs to work yall

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Sounds like he’s going to Edmonton most likely. Chicago can take cap dumps like Koskinen for a year. I’m not worried about Oilers being that good next year they still need a lot of good players after the 2nd line.

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
Sounds like he’s going to Edmonton most likely. Chicago can take cap dumps like Koskinen for a year. I’m not worried about Oilers being that good next year they still need a lot of good players after the 2nd line.

Chicago apparently doesn't want to take any salary back.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015

Yeah, it'd be like Todd Bertuzzi playing for the Calgary Flames. Just unthinkable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad