Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VAN] Ilya Mikheyev (15% retained), Sam Lafferty, 2027 2nd round pick for 2027 4th round pick

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
He can’t predict debilitating injuries.
But you can predict the Canuck training staff screwing up his rehab.
This is going to be Dickinson 2.0 where Chicago pulled the trigger on the trade after their medical people saw Vancouver wasn’t properly treating his wrist problem.
He gets to Chicago, gets proper medical treatment and returns to his pre injury game.
I’m thinking we may see the same here.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Canucks have around

CAP SPACE WITH LTIR CANDIDATES
Tooltip
: $20,790,833​

People are posting they have $28M lol

Your math is off, by my count they have $22.2 million in cap space.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
But you can predict the Canuck training staff screwing up his rehab.
This is going to be Dickinson 2.0 where Chicago pulled the trigger on the trade after their medical people saw Vancouver wasn’t properly treating his wrist problem.
He gets to Chicago, gets proper medical treatment and returns to his pre injury game.
I’m thinking we may see the same here.
It does seem that Vancouver has horrible medical staff. Odd that it's persisted as long as it has.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Imagine that poster had the Oilers won the cup..

I basically decided if the Oil won the cup I'd leave hf. Anyways off topic just had a good laugh at how fast that escalated over nothing.

On topic - swap a 2nd for 4th in 27' for 4M in CAP the next 2 years. Hard not to like that from both perspectives.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Imagine that poster had the Oilers won the cup..

I basically decided if the Oil won the cup I'd leave hf. Anyways off topic just had a good laugh at how fast that escalated over nothing.

On topic - swap a 2nd for 4th in 27' for 4M in CAP the next 2 years. Hard not to like that from both perspectives.
There is a specific site rule against call out posts that I find particularly unfair given some of the Oilers fans on here. Just an extremely small list even of the best. Just a callout to those I'm happiest for with the result of game 7.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
I still can't believe the Canucks were able to move Mikheyev by only dropping 40 spots.

People who said a 1st+ have crow to eat.
You can predict the 2027 standings already? Incredible! The Canucks dropped 2 rounds which is an average of 64 spots. Maybe it's better than that, but also it could be worse. Still a good trade.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Mikheyev what happened did your wheels fall off.
IIRC... bad knee injury in the pre-season right after the Canucks acquired him. Rightly or wrongly, they allowed him to play most of the season with the gimpy leg before he was forced to go for acl surgery. It is generally recognized that it takes a long time to get back to 100% after such a surgery and Mik was probably just getting back to speed by the end of last season. Unfortunately, in the interim, he had lost what little scoring touch he had.

I expect, provided his scoring woes were all in his head, that he should be good value for the Hawks next year.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
if jg is plan A doesnt come through. i say go after sam reinhart plan B.
Nah. Go younger. Make a deal for Necas. Include Silovs and ?, a player, maybe Hoglander. Then the Nucks have Necas for at least two years. And a fair bit of cap space left for other trades.

At one point Guentzel was young and didn't have great numbers, Necas has pretty decent pts. Then maybe pursue Pinto and Dillion. Maybe all three for Guentzel money, that would offer up a lot of depth for a playoff run and make the defence even bigger.

Have Topolio as the back up and let Clarke work with Young, Koskenvos or re-sign DeSmith 2 yrs, 1.8 mil as back up.

IMO they over played Miller and he tired near the end.
Pettersson and Boeser were very pedestrian in the last half to the season. EP did not adapt very well to Tocchet's change of system to a more defensive structure, not big or strong enough.

But they should improve just through familiarity. They came close to getting into the conference final.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I saw it on one of those contract models. He 34 he's likely getting similar to his previous contract plus 4 years is a way to keep it down.

Toffoli leaving was all Benning. He had been laser focused on the OEL trade. Far as I know owners weren't the reason Toffoli was let go.

Even at 5×3 they could still make that happen along with Jake . 7 million should be enough for Dillon and Tanev but maybe I'm way off but if there's two guys that might take a little less is the local boy Dillon and Tanev but I have no evidence to back it up except it's no secret Tanev never wanted to leave and specifically asked to be included in the Lindholm deal and almost was.

Not long now before we find out.

He's pulling a Gazic. That's gotta be ban #2 over a nucks thread 😆

He just turned 32 and he got screwed on his last contract in the first summer of covid flat cap. It's possible he signs for less, but I'm not seeing it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad