Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] Seth Jones signs extension with the Blackhawks (8 years, $9.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
If im doing the math right. Jones is 26, will turn 27 when the season starts. He has one more year on his current contract. This blackhawks contract will take him from 28-36.

Oil Spill

Net Detective
Jan 21, 2013
Edmonton should have kept Caleb Jones, 100% why Seth is singing in Chicago! Seth would have been an Oiler next year!
Keith deal keeps getting worse for Edmonton!
Except the part where he said he wouldn't sign in Canada.

Oblivion Beckons

Jan 20, 2021
Jones got a dream contract, Bowman got his man and Chicago fans are shook. Big, right hand defenseman people.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Perfectly reasonable contract, Jones is a stud #1 and his best years are almost certainly ahead of him. Blackhawks fans should be very pleased.

Reactions: binop7

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I still think he's going to do really well despite all the doubters and Analytics Parrots and other folks who think this is a ridiculous overpayment.

But since he's now part of a rival of my #2 team I'm hoping this ends up backfiring spectacularly for the Blackhawks 'cause bitterness. ;)

Reactions: Marty Party

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Hamilton's perceived one-dimensionality will penalize his UFA value to be less than Jones, that I'm sure about, but the question that will either keep him in Carolina or out of Carolina is going to be to what extent that is true. To most around the league, guys like Pietrangelo and Jones are two-way defensive/offensive stalwarts, and Jones is also getting paid by a basement club (which IMO is an added cap penalty).

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
If im doing the math right. Jones is 26, will turn 27 when the season starts. He has one more year on his current contract. This blackhawks contract will take him from 28-36.
If you compare it to Pietrangelo who got 8.8M x 7 for years 30-37, it's a bit high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad