Confirmed Trade: [CHI/OTT] Nikita Zaitsev, 2023 2nd round pick, and 2026 4th round pick for future considerations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
If its a move to make room for another acquisition - then the price is fine and good.

If its a move just to save the new owners some money, not a precursor to anything else? Not great spending assets to shed money when you have cap room.

Sharkz4Fun

Feb 8, 2023
Man Elliotte, Frank, Chris etc. etc. are starving for trades too. Tripping over each other trying to report AHL defensemen being traded

• Haha
Reactions: DrDorrian MD

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Good move for both teams I think:

Chicago - will have tons of cap once Kane and Toews deals expire this summer. Need picks to rebuild.

Ottawa - this will help them resign guys like Debrincat and Pinto. Plus they can improve their D too with the new cap.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
You’re assuming they asked the Isles.

We have a “fan” on the Hawk page who bitches every time a move is made because our GM didn’t do it
I'm not saying Ottawa should ask the Isles. Old f***ing Lou should be calling every team to see if they want to dump a player for picks.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
If its a move to make room for another acquisition - then the price is fine and good.

If its a move just to save the new owners some money, not a precursor to anything else? Not great spending assets to shed money when you have cap room.
Need the cap room for next year, this year is fine.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
I remember when I got flamed by Ottawa fans for suggesting a Loui Eriksson for Nikita Zaitsev swap.

Now they had to pay to dump him… oh how fast time flies.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007

Honestly, it had better be a pretty solid guy they are bringing in that they won't have the opportunity to bring in later. Ottawa is still rebuilding. Trading a late 2nd in a deep draft should, under most circumstances, be a big no.

Reactions: jsol

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
@StlBill maybe you’ll get your wish of the Blues trading Parayko!

Haha I personally hope not, but we’ll see :popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad