Confirmed with Link: [CHI/EDM] Hawks acquire F Liam Coughlin for G Anders Nilsson

Stu Grimson

Apr 16, 2014
Stan obviously has no intention of trading Crawford. I'm sure that won't stop you from bringing it up 10 times a day.

Anyone who thinks trading Crawford is a good idea, should really have their head examined. Especially the posters who bring it up time and time again.

Stu Grimson

Apr 16, 2014
The worst part of this off season is, the best thing he has done is trade SAAD, not moving sharp at the draft was a disaster and have no idea how he could not see that. Moving 2 NHL goalies for AHL player's makes no sense when you may have to move Crawford. Giving AA a 5 years 4.55 EXT without playing a game and never putting up 40 points in 5 years.

You do know it takes at least 2 parties to trade right? You do know Sharp has a list of teams NONE of US know which teams they are.

So many of you people cry and complain left and right but OFFER no solutions. What is wrong with some of you? The Hawks won 3 Cups in 6 years, Stan has a lot of work to do with the Cap he is looking out for not just next year but years down the road, it takes time. Relax. The Bowman family's number 1 concern is the long term success of the franchises they run. Thats why Scotty has 14 Cups and Stan 3. They shouldnt have to appease clueless people on message boards who don't understand jack.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
I hate this thread on top with a confirmed with link. It makes me think something real happened. Then I see it is think nothing trade again lol.

Stu Grimson

Apr 16, 2014
Why so angry dude? It's simple to see that if Crawford is moved, the lineup will be stacked top to bottom. Sharp+Darling > Crawford or better yet if Crawford was moved earlier you could insert Saad in that equation instead of Sharp. Anyway I doubt Stan is going to trade him but you can't blame us for being passionate and wanting to ice the best team and that will only happen with the departure of Crawford. Till then the team will keep making him look good back there hopefully till we get a trade partner, I trust the team D so we shouldn't have a problem.

If you ran the team, the Hawks would not win another Cup. Trading Crawford just tells us you have NO clue what you are talking about. Nobody is angry, they are just tired of your nonsense

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Must every minor move make you guys go at each other's throats or lament about our allegedly woeful management? Holy cow...

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Exactly the games that the D wasn't 100%, Crawford didn't perform, perfect example of a goalie that is the product of a team.

No, Crawford definitely stole us several games through that cup run.

After being the sole reason we made it to the 3rd round in 2014.

And being the deserving Conn Smythe winner in 2013.

But yeah, it's all the D in front of him. :shakehead

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
This nothing move is sure causing a lot of heartburn for a number of posters here.

Let's just ignore the fact that Stan gave away two goalies, one of whom is in the NHL and the other with the potential to be real good one day, who was nice to have around just in case. Who cares about the team going forward? :naughty:
Maybe we should just have one thread where everyone can pipe in and cheer about how great our core is and how Stan can do no wrong. We can take turns bragging about our Stanley Cups and the greatness of the present day Hawks. Anyone who doesn't buy in .... well we can always ban them from the site, instead of merely questioning their sanity like some of the cheerleaders do now.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Let's just ignore the fact that Stan gave away two goalies, one of whom is in the NHL and the other with the potential to be real good one day, who was nice to have around just in case. Who cares about the team going forward? :naughty:

Raanta was signed to a two year one way deal and probably would have been lost getting sent to Rockford. Nilsson wasn't going to Rockford and would have been a free agent after this upcoming season.

What would you have suggest Stan done with them? I've criticized Stan plenty but nobody is giving value for either of these guys.

Last edited:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Maybe we should just have one thread where everyone can pipe in and cheer about how great our core is and how Stan can do no wrong. We can take turns bragging about our Stanley Cups and the greatness of the present day Hawks. Anyone who doesn't buy in .... well we can always ban them from the site, instead of merely questioning their sanity like some of the cheerleaders do now.

Raanta would have been lost to waivers - which would actually be losing him for nothing, despite the fact we got a lottery ticket for him - and Nilsson wasn't signing here without a spot for him. You can find goalies with potential for very, very little.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Raanta would have been lost to waivers - which would actually be losing him for nothing, despite the fact we got a lottery ticket for him - and Nilsson wasn't signing here without a spot for him. You can find goalies with potential for very, very little.

Obviously if you're dealing with the Hawks.

I knew Raanta would be gone, and it is mostly the timing that didn't make much sense ..... but Nilsson is highly touted by some hockey scouts and is the quintessential big goalie that so many teams covet these days. Stan could have done better than acquiring a player who has virtually no chance of playing for the Hawks. If we couldn't persuade him to play in RFD (and we didn't want to trade CC), at least a draft pick would have been better.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Maybe the scouts see something in this kid? Maybe they knew Edmonton was ready to offer him a NHL spot and they didn't want to sandbag the guy's NHL career?

You're speaking with certainty about something you have half the information on.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Maybe the scouts see something in this kid? Maybe they knew Edmonton was ready to offer him a NHL spot and they didn't want to sandbag the guy's NHL career?

You're speaking with certainty about something you have half the information on.

So we play the nice guy, and don't ask full value for a goalie Oilers obviously want and need?

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Man. Some of these posts.

16jmonr.gif

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
What is full value? And for somebody so incredulous about getting talented goalies for peanuts, the guy you think is going to be special and should be starting instead of Crawford was signed as a UFA last summer.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Nilsson was nothing for the Islanders.
I was happy when he stopped playing for them.

Was not thrilled when we picked him up. Not upset he is gone at all.
Best of luck with McJesus

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
What is full value? And for somebody so incredulous about getting talented goalies for peanuts, the guy you think is going to be special and should be starting instead of Crawford was signed as a UFA last summer.

Darling was a special find and will prove himself even to you sceptics. And I'm not saying Nilsson is likewise but based on the scouting reports, he could be. As I said, Stan should have received at least a draft pick for him. Hawks already have an abundance of bottom six players in the system.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
Darling was a special find and will prove himself even to you sceptics. And I'm not saying Nilsson is likewise but based on the scouting reports, he could be. As I said, Stan should have received at least a draft pick for him. Hawks already have an abundance of bottom six players in the system.

The Hawks acquired a junior player who was a 5th round pick a year ago. How is that so much worse than if they would've acquired a 2016 5th round pick instead?

Eddie Lack got 3rd and 7th round picks in return. To think Nilsson should've netted something significant is delusional.

Stu Grimson

Apr 16, 2014
How about we start that poll right now? I guarantee you the majority will still pick Saad. We can put the assumption that Crawford yields the same return to make it fair.

Everyone knows Saad was not worth 6 million per. Everyone but you and a few of the haters knows Crawford is essential to the past two cups and future cups. His contract isnt out of line for his position. Saad is a winger for the love of god, he is a good player but not nearly as essential as Crawford. This is the point you just simply can't understand.

Stu Grimson

Apr 16, 2014

You simply have no clue.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

At least? What, like a sixth? You're making a mountain out of a mole hill with this. And I'm a fan of Darling and he's been very impressive in his limited time. Saying we should probably see a bit more before handing him a set of house keys and giving him our bank information isn't the ridiculous nonbelief you make it out to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad