Confirmed with Link: [CHI/EDM] Hawks acquire F Liam Coughlin for G Anders Nilsson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
The worst part of this off season is, the best thing he has done is trade SAAD, not moving sharp at the draft was a disaster and have no idea how he could not see that. Moving 2 NHL goalies for AHL player's makes no sense when you may have to move Crawford. Giving AA a 5 years 4.55 EXT without playing a game and never putting up 40 points in 5 years.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
The worst part of this off season is, the best thing he has done is trade SAAD, not moving sharp at the draft was a disaster and have no idea how he could not see that. Moving 2 NHL goalies for AHL player's makes no sense when you may have to move Crawford. Giving AA a 5 years 4.55 EXT without playing a game and never putting up 40 points in 5 years.

Please post link of the trade offers received for Sharp at the draft. And please post Nilsson's NHL stats so I can have a look. Thanks

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Please post link of the trade offers received for Sharp at the draft. Thanks

I think that sums it up IMO. Stan was getting nothing for Sharp or Bicks before and decided to pull back and hope for just a teensie bit more. If not, they both will be given away for cap savings. That would have been my original price for them.

I laugh at all the posts from Spring about how the Hawks were going to reload the draft picks given away when they started moving guys. :laugh:

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
I think that sums it up IMO. Stan was getting nothing for Sharp or Bicks before and decided to pull back and hope for just a teensie bit more. If not, they both will be given away for cap savings. That would have been my original price for them.

I laugh at all the posts from Spring about how the Hawks were going to reload the draft picks given away when they started moving guys. :laugh:

The Hawks just won the Stanley Cup. Who gives a **** about draft picks? Those moves were worth it.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
And he could trade a prospect for Sidney Crosby and some in here would moan. Two way street

Not true, people have turned into observers rather than thinkers. The same people that praise him for every move will praise him for keeping a player and make an argument for it bit 24 hours later if that player is traded will do a complete 180 and convince themselves that the opposite is true just because Stan did it, but let's say if I proposed that same exact trade an hour before it happens, I would be ridiculed to no end.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Not true, people have turned into observers rather than thinkers. The same people that praise him for every move will praise him for keeping a player and make an argument for it bit 24 hours later if that player is traded will do a complete 180 and convince themselves that the opposite is true just because Stan did it, but let's say if I proposed that same exact trade an hour before it happens, I would be ridiculed to no end.

How about, when stuff happens, people have to find a way to accept it because WE can't change it.
So we have to look on the bright side.

It isn't that hard.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013

Some people moan at every move made so they kind of do the same thing, just in the other direction. i haven't liked every move Bowman has made over the years but the success has been there so I recognize that. Some don't recognize the successes. And I don't take time to moan at the guy for insignificant AHL moves that mean nothing. I don't care about trading one AHL player for another. People moan just to moan, and over nothing. If Bowman took a dump and wiped with his left hand there are some who would moan he didn't use his right. I don't care what hand he uses.

If the moaning is this bad for a 3 cups in 6 years team what would the reaction be if the constant moaners were Sabres fans? There would be a rash of suicides I guess.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
How about, when stuff happens, people have to find a way to accept it because WE can't change it.
So we have to look on the bright side.

It isn't that hard.

I thought this was a board that we come here and discuss the moves and analyze if good or bad, rather than just sit Ina circle and say ok will accept that and keep a smile on, and if anyone in the circle dare say that is not a good move, they are labeled as negative and their comments are "cringe worthy" it's the same tactics used in day to day life and in politics when they wanna shut someone up because they are not going with the flow and being "politically correct"

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Just know this....if this team retains Oduya and Kruger, and only loses Bickell, Versteeg, and one of Sharp/Crawford(who cares how bad the return is)...then this will be a great offseason and job well done by SB. Exciting future for sure.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Nice so we lost 2 NHL goalies for absolutely nothing, and with the cap situation in the hell that it is in, Stan kills any possibility of trading Crawford incase it's really needed. Good job bud! You always know how to give yourself no options at all.

Trading Crawford was only ever a possibility in your own head.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Crawford getting traded is an extreme longshot. But even if he were to be traded, the Hawks moving Nilsson would have no effect on it.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Trading Crawford was only ever a possibility in your own head.

Ya but if Bowman trades him, you will be all fine and dandy with it and say it's the "right move". You just disagree with me about it for the sake of disagreeing with me about it and forget to weigh out the positives and negatives or why I am bringing that up. I am sure if I had made a poll and asked everyone in here 3 months back, "who would you rather have at 6M, Crawford or Saad?" The overwhelming majority would have picked Saad.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I thought this was a board that we come here and discuss the moves and analyze if good or bad, rather than just sit Ina circle and say ok will accept that and keep a smile on, and if anyone in the circle dare say that is not a good move, they are labeled as negative and their comments are "cringe worthy" it's the same tactics used in day to day life and in politics when they wanna shut someone up because they are not going with the flow and being "politically correct"

Its okay to critique, but to sound so arrogant and to mock a GM thats just won you multiple Cups(multiple key moves along the way to keep the ship afloat)with sarcastic remarks like "wow, nice job buddy, you sure know what you're doing..." or something like that....well thats just downright annoying and thats what pisses people off.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
He wasn't signing here without a spot. He wasn't getting one. We got a lottery ticket.

Anyone getting too high or low on this deal is seriously overreacting.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I find it funny when people complain about goaltending depth. The Hawks have an oustanding starter, a quality backup and an AHL goaltender with tons of NHL experience who can step in and play well for stretches if need be.

They don't have a young, stud goaltending prospect. Who gives a ****? The Hawks have proved you don't need to draft goaltenders with signings they've made, including the guy who's currently their backup.

Give it a rest.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Judging from YouTube highlights, kid is pretty smart 2 way guy. He can be pretty physical and has a big body and nice set of hands. His skating could use some work though. I like his interview when he says he knows be needs to work on that and a few other things.

But.. As we all know, highlights and watching him tell a whole different story. He's probably a career AHLer.

Last edited:

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
So sad bro. Having a two time Stanley Cup winning goalie, and arguable Conn Smythe winner. Then having your butt buddie as his backup. So sad.

Your biasness knows no bounds, and it's getting pathetic.

Why so angry dude? It's simple to see that if Crawford is moved, the lineup will be stacked top to bottom. Sharp+Darling > Crawford or better yet if Crawford was moved earlier you could insert Saad in that equation instead of Sharp. Anyway I doubt Stan is going to trade him but you can't blame us for being passionate and wanting to ice the best team and that will only happen with the departure of Crawford. Till then the team will keep making him look good back there hopefully till we get a trade partner, I trust the team D so we shouldn't have a problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad