Confirmed with Link: [CHI/DAL] Patrick Sharp, Stephen Johns traded to Stars for Trevor Daley, Ryan Garbutt

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Haven't been to the main board, trying to avoid it. What's the consensus on the deal over there?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
So we have a kid who has yet to play a full NHL season on 1st line , A kid who has yet to play in NA and a 3rd line C on 2nd line and spare parts on 3rd line

Yeah that is not very good

Seriously the fact Bickell + Shaw are wingers for TT on your roster basically means a wasted year for TT

What a wonderful roster Stan has built :shakehead

Yawn.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yeah, I am done sticking up for Stan after this one. **** Stan.

Johns is the ONLY guy in Rockford that had promise.

I am so ****ing pissed off beyond belief.

I was upset about the Saad trade, I AM BEYOND PISSED OFF ABOUT THIS ONE.

and he only cleared 2 mil in cap space. CONGRATS STAN. GM OF THE YEAR.

Don't worry we still have Crawford:help::help::help:

The prospect of some physical presence on the blue line went pooooof in one week, as did our tremendous depth between the pipes... and we lost Sharp and Saad in the process.

Absolutely pathetic.

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Your right ,, Spare parts was too nice a term when referring to Bickell

TT will waste a year playing with spare parts (Tikhonov + Shaw , etc) and absolute pure trash in Bickell

Wonderful job Stanley ,, Why not just trade TT at this point as its clear the Hawks aren't serious about him succeeding at this point

TT centering Bryan ###### Bickell for 2015-16 season :shakehead:shakehead

ImDaBaron

Oct 11, 2010
I guess it will take a 4th cup for people to realize the physicality argument is bunk.

Well there was that thread yesterday with a poster talking about the lack of physicality on the roster. I mean I thought that argument was old/long gone. But here it is.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I keep thinking of this trade and just feeling ill. Stephen Johns is going to be such a stud.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
For some people there will never be enough cups to realize that.

I get the sense the posters that are obsessed over physicality are rather older posters that need to realize the game has moved to speed and skill and away from physicality.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
People defending this are out to lunch. It's a terrible trade from every possible angle.

There has got to be something we're missing. If not, how could Stan's inner circle, scouts, and close advisors not convince him to stop himself from making this deal?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Further to the Dailey being garbage return...The -13 last year was an aberration..Six straight seasons before that he was positive in the +/-...So he cannot be that bad (normally)..in the same way Seabrook was bad last season (-3) with both having good offensive years (Regular season) ..Now 8 am sure Q ...unless he goes Country Club on us again...will tell both these "aging Dmen vets" to focus more defensively and put in the WORK that requires..and their offensive contributions will come naturally anyway..Of course if Seabrook had been 9n Dallas last year instead of with us...his aberration year of -3 would have been -13 or even worse. So given the truth ...fans either admit Seabrook too is garbage or that Dailey is going to be at least as contributory to the Hawks as Seabrook is..JUST as Keith can bail out Seabrook when he is not effort in defensively ..so too can Hammer bail out Dailey when his defensive responsibility goes haywire..Hey ...neither of them is Johns defensively..but then that tells you why Dallas won this deal...long term ..unless of course we come back in a few years and 9ffer sheet for Johns or get him at Ufa status in a few years (at 27 he gets Ufa status ..so a few years out and who knows? WHICH IS WHY we have to be very careful 9 extending Seabrook...Cannot have too many aging Dmen all getting g old at once...Do not worry about that now..but it will be a problem 5 -6 yes out unless Stan gets more young dman blood into the lineup..Which is why losing g both Johns and Paliotta this summer stinks..Now Stan has to re-stock on Dmen in upcoming drafts..and get then into the lineup well before the aging Dmen really do get over the hill on us ...5 or 6 years from now.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
When did Johns become such an elite prospect?

He's never been on any top NHL prospect list, and it's not like he's some youngster.

He profiles as a steady stay at home d-man.

Many are talking like he has Weber upside.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I get the sense the posters that are obsessed over physicality are rather older posters that need to realize the game has moved to speed and skill and away from physicality.

Is this post related to Johns? Because he's a 6'4", 220lbs monster who can skate and make plays. He's a stud.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
When did Johns become such an elite prospect?

He's never been on any top NHL prospect list, and it's not like he's some youngster.

He profiles as a steady stay at home d-man.

Many are talking like he has Weber upside.

Because he doesn't put up a ton of points. He's steadily gotten better and better every year. He is a stud prospect.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Is this post related to Johns? Because he's a 6'4", 220lbs monster who can skate and make plays. He's a stud.

No, its related to the posters that beat the physicality drum constantly and cite the perceived lack of physicality on the Hawks as their inevitable downfall as a hockey team.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Sure thing. When Daley is ****ing up and Garbutt is being useless you will surely sing the same tune. Johns isn't anything to be worried about losing either too, huh?

And they gave him to a division rival.

You traded a monster in the division. Can't wait until he nails Toews or Hossa or Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad