Confirmed with Link: [CHI/DAL] Patrick Sharp, Stephen Johns traded to Stars for Trevor Daley, Ryan Garbutt

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Gee, I wonder why people think he is terrible...hmmmm...maybe because he has been?

That doesn't answer the question at all. I asked who said they expect him to do anything? Don't move the goalposts. If you think he was terrible in '13-14, then you're dead wrong, if you think he was terrible last year, then you're absolutely correct, if you're positive he'll be terrible on the Hawks, then can I have next year's Cup winner because I could use the extra cash.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
That doesn't answer the question at all. I asked who said they expect him to do anything? Don't move the goalposts. If you think he was terrible in '13-14, then you're dead wrong, if you think he was terrible last year, then you're absolutely correct, if you're positive he'll be terrible on the Hawks, then can I have next year's Cup winner because I could use the extra cash.

Oh, please. He's been mediocre to bad pretty much his whole career and he is 31. Sure, he could (and this is unlikely given his track record) end up being a net positive, but I don't see why anyone should expect him to.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
So we had a full team that was under the cap when the season ended? Please tell me why we had to unload a lot of salary then.

We should have traded or gave away Sharp, Bickell and Versteeg, that alone right there is 12.1 million plus the 1.8 million makes basically 14 million. Signed Saad for 5 million (he would have stayed for 5), Signed Oduya for 3.5 and Kruger for 2, then filled out the remaining roster spots with guys from our own system - which can be done with the remaining 3.5. Yeah, 3.5 can get you 4 players from the farm.....

Problem solved.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
We should have traded or gave away Sharp, Bickell and Versteeg, that alone right there is 12.1 million plus the 1.8 million makes basically 14 million. Signed Saad for 5 million (he would have stayed for 5), Signed Oduya for 3.5 and Kruger for 2, then filled out the remaining roster spots with guys from our own system - which can be done with the remaining 3.5. Yeah, 3.5 can get you 4 players from the farm.....

Problem solved.

You know, despite tons of reports that the Hawks offered Saad 5 million and he turned it down, the absolute lunacy that is trading Sharp and Bickell without salary coming back, this is a really good idea. And then we wouldn't have any lazy Russians either.

fatbeard

Jul 3, 2015

Problem solved.

We've reached ludicrous speed!

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
You know, despite tons of reports that the Hawks offered Saad 5 million and he turned it down, the absolute lunacy that is trading Sharp and Bickell without salary coming back, this is a really good idea. And then we wouldn't have any lazy Russians either.

Not if we parted with prospects - you know the same guys we parted with anyway?

Oh a team would certainly take Bickell and a prospect or a 2nd for nothing, and according to Bowman he could have traded Sharp for picks... Versteeg certainly could go for a pick...

ChiTownCode

Natural Perm
Aug 13, 2013
Chicago
I was having such a good day yesterday-I played some golf, only hit two houses, laughed at a dumbass chasing his dog bare-ass naked on 16 and then I came home and checked the boards...

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I was having such a good day yesterday-I played some golf, only hit two houses, laughed at a dumbass chasing his dog bare-ass naked on 16 and then I came home and checked the boards...

I'm vacationing in Cape Cod, and have now spent the final day of my trip sitting on the beach while fighting on hf. Thanks, Stan.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
I'm vacationing in Cape Cod, and have now spent the final day of my trip sitting on the beach while fighting on hf. Thanks, Stan.

Why would you ever spend vacation arguing on the internet? That's not something you should mention...

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Oh, please. He's been mediocre to bad pretty much his whole career and he is 31. Sure, he could (and this is unlikely given his track record) end up being a net positive, but I don't see why anyone should expect him to.

By standard metrics (points, plus minus) he's been fine

ReillyO

Feb 18, 2014
We already had a "Welp, I hope this guy does better on the Hawks" in Anisimov. If we're going to have giant question marks, why can't they be prospects at least?

I guess we're only stuck with Daley for another year after this if he's terrible, instead of six.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
We already had a "Welp, I hope this guy does better on the Hawks" in Anisimov. If we're going to have giant question marks, why can't they be prospects at least?

I guess we're only stuck with Daley for another year after this if he's terrible, instead of six.

That's what more along the lines of being like 2011 would be than this is. Which is why it's weird people keep saying that. If they were just making trades and hoping for prospects of limited experience and vets who were 700K range players in top 9 roles it would be that level of bad.

ReillyO

Feb 18, 2014
That's what more along the lines of being like 2011 would be than this is. Which is why it's weird people keep saying that. If they were just making trades and hoping for prospects of limited experience and vets who were 700K range players in top 9 roles it would be that level of bad.

So are you saying this is better than 2011? I'm not sure it is.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Dano - Toews - Hossa
Panarin - Anisimov - Kane
Bickell - Terävainen - Shaw

The Hawks will be fine.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Dano - Toews - Hossa
Panarin - Anisimov - Kane
Bickell - Terävainen - Shaw

The Hawks will be fine.

So we have a kid who has yet to play a full NHL season on 1st line , A kid who has yet to play in NA and a 3rd line C on 2nd line and spare parts on 3rd line

Yeah that is not very good

Seriously the fact Bickell + Shaw are wingers for TT on your roster basically means a wasted year for TT

What a wonderful roster Stan has built :shakehead

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I read a blog on a Hawks fans it where Dailey is described as an aging D-man and Garbutt is described as a middle-aged 4th liner...Well I guess 29 is now middle aged in hockey but if 31 is an aging D-man. ..then to be fair ...so too is Seabrook an aging D-man by that parameter..
Now Dailey due to defensive weakness is consigned by these blogging hockey "experts to a more limited better fit as the 3rd pair g LD ...not the more minutes and face better lines #4d as partner to Hammer..but if put into the 2nd pair #4 D role then Hammer wull need to work e en harder to bail out the Dailey blunders..At least this is the theory...Now Stan and Q may think differently or may be at loggerheads on where Dailey best fits...The Oduya 4D role or the typical Leddys offense man 6th D role on the 3rd pair...except that Dailey unlike Leddys. .actually will get PP time..
I TOO cringe at the thought of Dailey and Hammer paired but it would be far worse to put the bail-out pressure on TVR or Rundblad t9 be with Dailey on a 3rd pairing ..But will Dailey be that bad on the Hawks?

1.Well the -13 last year was his worst in a long time and probably the result of too much pinching which Ruff encouraged..So expect Q tones that recklessness down..And as to bail-out. .CC in net is a much better bail-out guy than Lehtonen provided in Dallas. .So no...Dailey is not going to be -13 bad..
BUT he will provide a lot more offense than Oduya ever did as the #4 D...Book it...Dano.

I am certainly not defensively ding Stan in this trade..But he overplayed his hand by too high a asking price fir Sharp at the draft...got caught when GMs of some potential trade partners switched to alternative acquisition targets than Sharp..and found very limited takers..So he had t9 give up a prize 8n Johns just g9 get Sharp out and also had to take back salary. .Stan we all agree could should a dropped his price at the draft...taken lesser picks than he wanted..and een done with it.. And we still would have kept Johns..But now it is what it is..and nd we have to live with the consequences which may now mean no Oduya back either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad