Checkers IV: Insert Witty Title Here

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2016
Gosh just awful. His career is done. Just curious could we of bought Darling out mid season?
From Cap Friendly:
The buyout period begins the later of June 15 or 48 hours after the Stanley Cup Final ends. It concludes on June 30 at 5 pm EST.

So he can not be bought out mid season. However if bought out this off-season it would cost $1,183,333 a year for 4 years.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
To me sitting Darling is more important than the buyout. One of Booth or Helvig needs to be getting starts in the AHL. It should be obvious to everyone at this point that a Darling buyout is a foregone conclusion. There really is not reason to have Darling play another game for the organization.

By the way, Helvig has back-to-back one goal wins his last two starts. He had one bad start last week--giving up 4 goals in two periods. Even with that, his sv.% is something like .951 for his last seven starts with three shutouts and three one-goal victories. I don't see how he stays in the ECHL next season. After years in the desert, the Canes/Checkers might have a goalie logjam.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
The buyout better happen on the 15th. I can’t think of one reason why he wouldn’t be bought out.
He's owed $4.1M for 2019-20 and $3M for 2020-21.

If one was sure that whole or most of season 2020-21 is lockout, it would be close to cost-neutral and without the longer-term cap repercussions to just let it run out.

Lempo

Feb 23, 2014
I'm amazed how godawful Darling has become, after every thing he fought through to get to the NHL. Him getting the starting job for us was like Icarus getting too close to the Sun and burning his wings. Darling is in total free fall.

I would liken him to Phaethon, taking the reins of a wagon he possibly couldn't control and burning places badly until mercifully dropped by powers that be.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011

If one was sure that whole or most of season 2020-21 is lockout, it would be close to cost-neutral and without the longer-term cap repercussions to just let it run out.
I don't care if it's neutral, or even slightly better, he needs to be out of the organization. Not just not blocking someone, but gone. Just send the message. I don't harbor the ill will many do, but we gave him his second chance, it didn't work out, move on. It's beyond money at this point.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008

Please don't even insinuate that there's a possibility of actually canceling games in the near future. Nobody associated with the NHL can possibly be that stupid.

I'm amazed how godawful Darling has become, after every thing he fought through to get to the NHL. Him getting the starting job for us was like Icarus getting too close to the Sun and burning his wings. Darling is in total free fall.

At least we don't have to put up with any of the weak-a$$ narratives anymore, like his style didn't fit our team, or the defense left him out to dry, or the offense didn't score enough for him. He's a very bad goalie. Period.

I don't care if it's neutral, or even slightly better, he needs to be out of the organization. Not just not blocking someone, but gone. Just send the message. I don't harbor the ill will many do, but we gave him his second chance, it didn't work out, move on. It's beyond money at this point.

I agree with this. He's getting his stink all over our prospects. These guys have played their tails off to have the best record in the AHL and he's messing with their chi. We don't even have to buy him out, just send him home.

Lempo

Feb 23, 2014
Please don't even insinuate that there's a possibility of actually canceling games in the near future. Nobody associated with the NHL can possibly be that stupid.

Well, no, obviously. Everyone who can is taking less salary and/or signing bonuses for 20-21 and 22-23 only for the intimidation purposes for a big game of chicken.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Hey Scott

72GoHome_large_c584b7b0-b3e3-4e22-84d9-1118e2a3395f_480x480.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad