Confirmed with Link: Chatty back 3x3

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I’d love to see a new face running one of the pp’s over TDA or Coghlan. Cant bring back the same guys and expect it to be much different.
A few things.....I think we'll definitely see a few games with Morrow back there.

Also, when our powerplay was most effective, the puck moved rapidly and not just around the umbrella. More importantly, Aho and Svech or Tuevo would receive the puck and move toward the goal, even if it was just a couple of strides. This seemingly caused one of the PK'ers to move toward the person with the puck, thereby either opening up a shooting lane or creating a passing lane. During the playoffs, we definitely got away from that.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
A few things.....I think we'll definitely see a few games with Morrow back there.

Also, when our powerplay was most effective, the puck moved rapidly and not just around the umbrella. More importantly, Aho and Svech or Tuevo would receive the puck and move toward the goal, even if it was just a couple of strides. This seemingly caused one of the PK'ers to move toward the person with the puck, thereby either opening up a shooting lane or creating a passing lane. During the playoffs, we definitely got away from that.
In the playoffs we faced high pressure pk’ing. They take the chance that you won’t find the perfect lane for the open guy if they out quick and force you enough. If it works the team being pressured loses confidence and those aggressive moves to the net get less and less as they focus more on just keeping the puck moving under the pressure.

Teams used to do it to us all year, it’s a sign of disrespect. They don’t think you can make the play so they charge in all directions leaving guys wide open, they know you can’t hit them with the pass quick enough. We’ve gotten past that in the regular season. In the playoffs teams will test you again. They’ll make you beat them. If you can’t back them off with a few nice plays there’s no reason for them to stop. Eventually guys get extremely perimeter just so they can breathe for a second. Then you just pass it around the perimeter and don’t do anything.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
In the playoffs we faced high pressure pk’ing. They take the chance that you won’t find the perfect lane for the open guy if they out quick and force you enough. If it works the team being pressured loses confidence and those aggressive moves to the net get less and less as they focus more on just keeping the puck moving under the pressure.

Teams used to do it to us all year, it’s a sign of disrespect. They don’t think you can make the play so they charge in all directions leaving guys wide open, they know you can’t hit them with the pass quick enough. We’ve gotten past that in the regular season. In the playoffs teams will test you again. They’ll make you beat them. If you can’t back them off with a few nice plays there’s no reason for them to stop.
Agreed. It's punishment was also what the Rangers PP did to Carolina's aggressive PK in the first couple of games, causing the adjustment on the PK to a less aggressive scheme from game 3 on.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
In the Cup series, Panthers and Oilers were a combined 1-for-20 on the PP until the Oil 5-0n-3 goal last game. Just an observation, make of it what you will.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina

Teams used to do it to us all year, it’s a sign of disrespect. They don’t think you can make the play so they charge in all directions leaving guys wide open, they know you can’t hit them with the pass quick enough. We’ve gotten past that in the regular season. In the playoffs teams will test you again. They’ll make you beat them. If you can’t back them off with a few nice plays there’s no reason for them to stop. Eventually guys get extremely perimeter just so they can breathe for a second. Then you just pass it around the perimeter and don’t do anything.
Oh, I understand. My point is that most of the movement was "around the horn" and not just puck movement, but skating also. I get that aggressive PK'ing is a factor, but as I said, even a couple of strides increases the defensive movement. During the regular season we were able to take advantage of that (maybe we moved the pick quicker, I don't know). It appeared to have stopped in the playoffs.

Reactions: cptjeff

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $5,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 2