GWT: Champions League - League Stage

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Adeyemi looks like a fricking god in this game. Unfortunately it's against Celtic, so we don't know if that actually has any larger meaning.
For what it's worth he's also already been involved in more goals in the BuLi than he was in the entirety of last season.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
That 'foul' on Adeyemi is everything that I despise of soccer...Complete BS...Cannot fathom how this sport is so popular.

Adeyemi looks like a fricking god in this game. Unfortunately it's against Celtic, so we don't know if that actually has any larger meaning.
That dive he took...

:thumbd:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Forgot this was on tonight. A whole other half to go! Sumptuous. If they can't hit double figures they should be folded immediately.

Reactions: cgf

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Arsenal in control in the first half, PSG in the second.
3 shots on goal, 2 goals for Arsenal, gifted by Donna.
3 chances for PSG, two posts and a save.
That's the difference at the highest level.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Kinda surprised that isn't a handball for UEFA
Me too, but also I don't think it should be a handball as a general rule.

That said, they gave a handball against Saka on a counter that was more of a natural position, so we're back to the who knows what's a handball situation that's always so fun!

Martinelli puts it right at the keeper again :(
Honestly, it wasn't a bad attempt given the pass, Marquinhos coming across, and the angle. Martinelli can do better with those, but I'm not upset with it.

Reactions: maclean

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Me too, but also I don't think it should be a handball as a general rule.

That said, they gave a handball against Saka on a counter that was more of a natural position, so we're back to the who knows what's a handball situation that's always so fun!
It's borderline for me on how it "should" be called because of how lazy he was getting his arm out of the way. It was in a fairly natural position and was going the opposite direction from goal which weighs against it, but he seemed to take the attitude of "oh look this is coming to my arm, oh well I guess it's hit it, no big deal" which makes me more inclined to see a player punished for it :laugh:

Either way, totally agree on the outfield vs box distinction. Referees treat outfield handballs as basically forcing players to play without arms and I think most of it is because the stakes are much lower and there's much less focus on those calls compared to awarding a penalty.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
It's borderline for me on how it "should" be called because of how lazy he was getting his arm out of the way. It was in a fairly natural position and was going the opposite direction from goal which weighs against it, but he seemed to take the attitude of "oh look this is coming to my arm, oh well I guess it's hit it, no big deal" which makes me more inclined to see a player punished for it :laugh:

Either way, totally agree on the outfield vs box distinction. Referees treat outfield handballs as basically forcing players to play without arms and I think most of it is because the stakes are much lower and there's much less focus on those calls compared to awarding a penalty.
Can't blame an Italian for being a little languid, now can you?

• Haha
Reactions: hatterson

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

It looked to me like he was trying to get it out of the way by moving it backwards and ran up against the bodily limitations of moving the arm in that direction

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I try not to whine about the refs but this one in Milan game has been bad...or maybe I'm too used to EPL refs

But a stiff arm to the face feels like red and too many ppl being drug down with very few yellows is odd

Reactions: gary69

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Forgot this was on tonight. A whole other half to go! Sumptuous. If they can't hit double figures they should be folded immediately.
7 is the minimum that's acceptable in this situation. I'll give them some leeway since they let them equalise early on for a glimmer of hope before putting the boot on the neck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad