GDT: ChaChi3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I must be watching a different game than most of you. I’m glad we are winning, but I think we are fortunate given how sloppy they’ve looked. The only two guys that look like they are playing above the competition are Ned and Fleury. The rest are making some pretty great plays followed by some pretty great gaffs.

You pretty much just described the AHL.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I thought Sellgren was noticeably good defensively tonight, especially during the empty-net sequence.

Ned was obviously terrific. Interesting to see who is in net tomorrow. I would not be shocked to see Tokarski on a back-to-back. Ned has shown some vulnerability in that situation.

Good to see Necas get the empty-netter. He was dangerous all night.

We need a penalty shot goal in the last minute to score each of the five ways you can score in a game.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Looking at the box score how did Carrick get a penalty for roughing from the Penalty box or from off the ice surface?

05:01CHIRyan Wagner, Interference, 2 min PP
17:45CHATrevor Carrick, Fighting, 5 min
17:45CHIKeegan Kolesar, Fighting, 5 min
18:06CHATrevor Carrick, Roughing, 2 min PP

If they both had the same timestamp I can imagine the scenario... but as it is how do you pull this off and not get a misconduct (game?) as a min :)

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
A well played game.

Ned has the ability to stand on his head but also lets in some soft ones.

Fleury is the definition of AAAA at this point, he’s borderline too good for the AHL.

Bean made a few crisp and impressive passes.

Necas looks far more in control of his speed and play with the puck than he did in his stint with the Canes.

Roy’s skating isn’t an issue at the AHL level.

I can see why the front office and coaching staff loves calling Patrick Brown up - he plays with NHL level responsibility.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad