Proposal: Chabottom Girls Make The RocKing World Go 'Round: L.A. + OTT + ARI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Los Angeles out: Turcotte, Clarke, Maatta, Quick
Los Angeles in: Chabot, Hutton

Ottawa out: Chabot, T.B.'s 2022 2nd
Ottawa in: Turcotte, Clarke, Maatta

Arizona out: Hutton
Arizona in: Quick, T.B.'s 2022 2nd

Los Angeles
They land an all-star calibre LD who at 24 is just entering his prime, while also clearing Quick's 5.8 million cap hit from the books next season

Ottawa
I don't share Dorian's optimism that the "rebuild is over" - especially given their goaltending situation - so they gamble on a couple of very talented prospects in Turcotte and the local kid Clarke - who has drawn comparisons to Ottawa's former Norris winner Erik Karlsson - as they look towards contending in 2 or 3 years

Arizona
They add yet another 2022 2nd rd pick for taking on Quick's contract, but his salary is only about half of his cap hit so his contract will be a bonus for the cash-strapped Yotes next season when they struggle to reach the cap floor

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
No idea what the other teams think of this, probably LA and maybe OTT aren't fans, it's fine for ARI but we won't be cash strapped next year or have problems reaching the cap floor lol.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
No idea what the other teams think of this, probably LA and maybe OTT aren't fans, it's fine for ARI but we won't be cash strapped next year or have problems reaching the cap floor lol.
Exactly. New owner will have deep pockets and will want to improve team so that they can win over their new fans in Houston.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
OTT should trade for Hertl (sign him and Brady) and let that defense develop.

LA should trade for more help on defense and they won't be far off from chasing playoffs but not trade away their shiny new toys

Reactions: kinghock

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Los Angeles out: Turcotte, Clarke, Maatta, Quick
Los Angeles in: Chabot, Hutton

Ottawa out: Chabot, T.B.'s 2022 2nd
Ottawa in: Turcotte, Clarke, Maatta

Arizona out: Hutton
Arizona in: Quick, T.B.'s 2022 2nd

Los Angeles
They land an all-star calibre LD who at 24 is just entering his prime, while also clearing Quick's 5.8 million cap hit from the books next season

Ottawa
I don't share Dorian's optimism that the "rebuild is over" - especially given their goaltending situation - so they gamble on a couple of very talented prospects in Turcotte and the local kid Clarke - who has drawn comparisons to Ottawa's former Norris winner Erik Karlsson - as they look towards contending in 2 or 3 years

Arizona
They add yet another 2022 2nd rd pick for taking on Quick's contract, but his salary is only about half of his cap hit so his contract will be a bonus for the cash-strapped Yotes next season when they struggle to reach the cap floor

Chabot is a ideal lefthanded defenseman the kings should be looking for. However the contract is not. I would rather gamble with the elc contracts of both Turcotte and especially Clarke. Absolutely no to Quick leaving for Hutton, Hutton is among the worse goalies in the nhl imo . Matta only has one year left and will be replaced by someone internally This King fan is not willing to trade Clarke until i see what he can do over at least 3 nhl seasons.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Chabot is a ideal lefthanded defenseman the kings should be looking for. However the contract is not. I would rather gamble with the elc contracts of both Turcotte and especially Clarke. Absolutely no to Quick leaving for Hutton, Hutton is among the worse goalies in the nhl imo . Matta only has one year left and will be replaced by someone internally This King fan is not willing to trade Clarke until i see what he can do over at least 3 nhl seasons.

Maatta and Quick were included for cap reasons... as much as you may not want to see him leave town, you should want to see him even less on your team's payroll next season

Hutton is just a throw-in... grab his replacement at your leisure

As for not trading Clarke... yep, fair enough. I'm not saying they should, or I would... just putting an idea out there for consideration

Also, I don't think Chabot's contract is all that unpleasant... if he were a free-agent, I think every team in the league with cap space would be willing to give him 8 million a year...

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
For f*** sakes quit trying to dump Quick outta LA. No rational Kings fan wants him gone

I couldn't care less...

If I'm running the Kings, I want Quick's 5.8 cap hit off the books next season so it can be put to better use

So, with that mind... maybe quit trying to tell me what to do

bland

Jul 1, 2004
The Kings have no interest in trading Turcotte or Clarke. No immediate return will make enough of a difference, very unlikely that any longterm return is higher than their current investments, and if so, its not going to be available for a realistic deal.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
The Kings have no interest in trading Turcotte or Clarke. No immediate return will make enough of a difference, very unlikely that any longterm return is higher than their current investments, and if so, its not going to be available for a realistic deal.

And that's certainly a reasonable position to take... one that I don't necessarily disagree with

Quite frankly, I was a little confused by L.A.'s offseason acquisitions given the timeline of their future core

That Danault contract in particular was a head-scratcher

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
I couldn't care less...

If I'm running the Kings, I want Quick's 5.8 cap hit off the books next season so it can be put to better use

Rob Blake has said Quick & other vets have earned the right to retire a King.

There is more than enough cap coming off the books next season to do whatever Blake wants. My guess is a younger shutdown LD to replace Edler & a big name scorer up front.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
And that's certainly a reasonable position to take... one that I don't necessarily disagree with

Quite frankly, I was a little confused by L.A.'s offseason acquisitions given the timeline of their future core

That Danault contract in particular was a head-scratcher
Stoll 2.0. Makes perfect sense.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Rob Blake has said Quick & other vets have earned the right to retire a King.

There is more than enough cap coming off the books next season to do whatever Blake wants. My guess is a younger shutdown LD to replace Edler & a big name scorer up front.

I couldn't care less what Rob Blake has said...

Again, I'm sharing what I would do... what he would do is irrelevant to the proposal and discussion

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I couldn't care less...

What a completely arrogant take on an absurd proposal. No one cares what you would do either then?

He couldn’t care less what you would do, he’s just telling you what any rationale kings fan would do.

Neither of you are wrong, it’s a discussion. You just seem to come out of it sounding like an ass. If you don’t care about anyone else’s opinions and don’t want a discussion about what others would do, maybe just keep your thoughts in your head and discuss with apparently the only opinions you care about- your own.

And FWIW with no loyalties to any Kings player, if there was an opportunity to insulate the core this year with Quick’s cap hit, for the right price I’d consider it too.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
What a completely arrogant take on an absurd proposal. No one cares what you would do either then?

He couldn’t care less what you would do, he’s just telling you what any rationale kings fan would do.

Neither of you are wrong, it’s a discussion. You just seem to come out of it sounding like an ass. If you don’t care about anyone else’s opinions and don’t want a discussion about what others would do, maybe just keep your thoughts in your head and discuss with apparently the only opinions you care about- your own.

And FWIW with no loyalties to any Kings player, if there was an opportunity to insulate the core this year with Quick’s cap hit, for the right price I’d consider it too.

Interesting that you decided to target my response rather than the message I was responding to...

For f*** sakes quit trying to dump Quick outta LA

This poster is swearing and telling another member of the site who they should or in this case shouldn't include in their proposals... but I'm the ass?

If I would trade Quick to get his cap hit off the books... what does it matter if others wouldn't?

A lot of posters give their opinions as if they're facts, and then think I'm a fool for not accepting them as such. Do you call those posters out as well?

If you're not interested in my opinion or proposals, you can either stop clicking on my threads, or put me on ignore...

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Interesting that you decided to target my response rather than the message I was responding to...

For f*** sakes quit trying to dump Quick outta LA

This poster is swearing and telling another member of the site who they should or in this case shouldn't include in their proposals... but I'm the ass?

If I would trade Quick to get his cap hit off the books... what does it matter if others wouldn't?

A lot of posters give their opinions as if they're facts, and then think I'm a fool for not accepting them as such. Do you call those posters out as well?

If you're not interested in my opinion or proposals, you can either stop clicking on my threads, or put me on ignore...

Yeah, when you repeatedly tell others on a discussion forum that you couldn’t care less and express how little you care about what a franchise’s fans and front office would do, because it isn’t what you would do, yes- you come across as an ass.

Maybe he didn’t elegantly get his point across, but I think it was a pretty clear takeaway.

In real life, the front office of the Kings have no intention of dumping Quick, and hypothetically speaking neither do the fans of the organization.

But yeah who cares about their opinions right? Because on a discussion forum it only matters what Perrenial would do as Kings GM!!!

And regardless of what others say, you’re entitled to your opinion and I DO care what you would do if you were the GM. That’s why I clicked on the thread, and to some extent even agree with what you would do. You still came across as an ass, and if you don’t see that oh well, not a hill I’m willing to die on. I have enough self awareness to know when I’m beginning to sound like one, so I’ll just stop while I’m ahead.

Last edited:

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Yeah, when you repeatedly tell others on a discussion forum that you couldn’t care less and express how little you care about what a franchise’s fans and front office would do, because it isn’t what you would do, yes- you come across as an ass.

Maybe he didn’t elegantly get his point across, but I think it was a pretty clear takeaway.

In real life, the front office of the Kings have no intention of dumping Quick, and hypothetically speaking neither do the fans of the organization.

But yeah who cares about their opinions right? Because on a discussion forum it only matters what Perrenial would do as Kings GM!!!

I'm here to share my opinions and ideas, not echo what others would do

I've never understood this accepted belief around here that because you're a fan of a team that makes you an authority on their players, and your opinion carries more weight or is somehow more valid

I'm all for people contributing their opinions, and when it's done in a manner that reflects that it's their opinion rather than some dogmatic edict which must be obeyed, I'm more than receptive to it as is evident by some of my replies...

As for not trading Clarke... yep, fair enough. I'm not saying they should, or I would... just putting an idea out there for consideration

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I'm here to share my opinions and ideas, not echo what others would do

I've never understood this accepted belief around here that because you're a fan of a team that makes you an authority on their players, and your opinion carries more weight or is somehow more valid

I'm all for people contributing their opinions, and when it's done in a manner that reflects that it's their opinion rather than some dogmatic edict which must be obeyed, I'm more than receptive to it as is evident by some of my replies...

Yup agree with you there, there would be no discussion without differing views. I don’t think any logical person believes their opinions are more valid based on their fandom, but to say you couldn’t care less about said fandoms opinion because it isn’t your own is the part I meant about sounding like an ass.

As a fan, how many times do we unequivocally express that something will or won’t happen just for the opposite to occur? Fact of the matter is we don’t know what’s going to happen or what the for sure best thing is. Who knows, maybe Clarke gets dealt for an established player that helps the Kings win the cup. Or the use of clearing Quick’s cap hit brings in a Conn Smythe winner.

If we are unable to come to an agreement with Tkachuk, I would consider essentially Turcotte + Clarke for Chabot and have the second wave of kids come in together along with the high draft pick from losing both players.

Last edited:

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Yup agree with you there, there would be no discussion without differing views. I don’t think any logical person believes their opinions are more valid based on their fandom, but to say you couldn’t care less about said fandoms opinion because it isn’t your own is the part I meant about sounding like an ass.

As a fan, how many times do we unequivocally express that something will or won’t happen just for the opposite to occur? Fact of the matter is we don’t know what’s going to happen or what the for sure best thing is. Who knows, maybe Clarke gets dealt for an established player that helps the Kings win the cup. Or the use of clearing Quick’s cap hit brings in a Conn Smythe winner.

If we are unable to come to an agreement with Tkachuk, I would consider essentially Turcotte + Clarke for Chabot and have the second wave of kids come in together along with the high draft pick from losing both players.

Many posters wear their fandom like a sheriff's badge as if that gives them some kind of authority over that team and its players...

As for Turcotte + Clarke for Chabot... yes, that's definitely worth a good long look, isn't it?

With the same approach in mind of having the second wave of kids come in together, I'd be looking to deal Zub and C. Brown as well...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad