Proposal: Cgy-wpg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

Hamilton gave up more than he created this year. I'd like to see him with a better partner where he isn't bottom 20 in the league at conceding high danger chances, but at this time I take Trouba. Don't know how this deal entices WPG, what has Klimchuk done?

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Hamilton gave up more than he created this year. I'd like to see him with a better partner where he isn't bottom 20 in the league at conceding high danger chances, but at this time I take Trouba. Don't know how this deal entices WPG, what has Klimchuk done?

Not that much, but he played a very limited role. He's a very smart player with a strong defensive game. He'll have a bigger role with Stockton this year.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
What a bloody awful proposal. I wouldn't trade Dougie alone for Trouba. Dougie is poised to score over 50pts this season.

Trouba has a career high 29pts and has regressed in every season since. Trouba is better defensively and more physical sure, but you win by out scoring your opponent and these players are not close in that regard. Dougie will steadily improve defensively, I have my doubts Trouba ever cracks 35.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
What a bloody awful proposal. I wouldn't trade Dougie alone for Trouba. Dougie is poised to score over 50pts this season.

Trouba has a career high 29pts and has regressed in every season since. Trouba is better defensively and more physical sure, but you win by out scoring your opponent and these players are not close in that regard. Dougie will steadily improve defensively, I have my doubts Trouba ever cracks 35.

At least you show that you only care about points.

Ekblad had less points. I assume Hamilton > Ekblad?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
At least you show that you only care about points.

Ekblad had less points. I assume Hamilton > Ekblad?

Uh...read my next sentence after the part you bolded, another classic case of selective reading on HF.

Let's be honest, Trouba has been living off his rookie season and hasn't been as good since. In no universe should Trouba have more value than Dougie. I could see someone saying equal, but I wouldn't deal Dougie for Trouba at all.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Uh...read my next sentence after the part you bolded, another classic case of selective reading on HF.

Let's be honest, Trouba has been living off his rookie season and hasn't been as good since. In no universe should Trouba have more value than Dougie. I could see someone saying equal, but I wouldn't deal Dougie for Trouba at all.

Oh I read the whole thing. This part is great "but you win by out scoring your opponent". Go back in time and tell team Canada that, when they took Vlasic, they made a HUGE mistake. Dude only had 24 points that season!

Let's be honest, you haven't watched Trouba play more than 2 games this past season.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Oh I read the whole thing. This part is great "but you win by out scoring your opponent". Go back in time and tell team Canada that, when they took Vlasic, they made a HUGE mistake. Dude only had 24 points that season!

Let's be honest, you haven't watched Trouba play more than 2 games this past season.

"I have my own opinion that doesn't agree with yours, so I haven't watched him argument", eh?

Without getting into a philosophical argument about how to win in hockey, I'll take a top offensive dman over a really good defensive defenceman, aboulutely. Reason being, I value players who create offence over anything else in the NHL.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
"I have my own opinion that doesn't agree with yours, so I haven't watched him argument", eh?

Without getting into a philosophical argument about how to win in hockey, I'll take a top offensive dman over a really good defensive defenceman, aboulutely. Reason being, I value players who create offence over anything else in the NHL.

You do you but come on.....be honest now.......how many Jets games did you watch the entirety of last year? I mean....I know I am not wrong lol.

If you can come here and honestly say that Trouba has regressed then you clearly just went "Hmmmm 21 is less than 22 so Trouba has played worse!"

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto

So what exactly does Trouba do better than Dougie?

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
So what exactly does Trouba do better than Dougie?

I am not saying one is better than the other. I have not said that this entire thread. I haven't seen Hamilton enough to give you an honest answer.

That being said, lets say that Hamilton plays like a beast next year but puts up 5 less points. How would you react to people going "OMG Hamilton really took a step back!"?

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
I am not saying one is better than the other. I have not said that this entire thread. I haven't seen Hamilton enough to give you an honest answer.

That being said, lets say that Hamilton plays like a beast next year but puts up 5 less points. How would you react to people going "OMG Hamilton really took a step back!"?

Hamilton scored more points this year than the year before and people say he took a step back.... he has increased his production every year since making the NHL. It's what's expected of young elite players.

The biggest thing to look at is why production decreased. Did Trouba receive less ice time? Less PP time? Play against harder competition and/or with less talented linemates?

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Hamilton scored more points this year than the year before and people say he took a step back.... he has increased his production every year since making the NHL. It's what's expected of young elite players.

The biggest thing to look at is why production decreased. Did Trouba receive less ice time? Less PP time? Play against harder competition and/or with less talented linemates?

It mostly stemmed from the fact that he was attached at the hip to Stuart for a good portion of the season. When he was moved up to play with Buff, his numbers were significantly better.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
You do you but come on.....be honest now.......how many Jets games did you watch the entirety of last year? I mean....I know I am not wrong lol.

If you can come here and honestly say that Trouba has regressed then you clearly just went "Hmmmm 21 is less than 22 so Trouba has played worse!"

I'm probably going to say I caught around 12 games, or so? I also never said that I don't like Trouba, but I like Dougie better. I think he's a better skater, has about equal shot, I think he has better vision and makes a better first pass. Trouba is an excellent as well, has a great slapper and I love the edge he plays with, however I think he has limited offensive upside. Honestly, I like Myers better overall, and I like Dougie over Myers. People knock Dougie and say he struggled last season, well he had a really poor first 12-15 games. But people forget he's only 22 and just got put into a brand new system which is vastly different from the B's, so not expecting an adjustment was foolish. Once Dougie settled in, he was a complete beast. His defensive game still needs some work, but once he gets there you're looking at a guy who might surpass Brodie as our top dman. I just don't see that upside in Trouba, as fine as a player that he is.

I don't think he's regressed in other areas of play, but I haven't seen consistent improvement either other than physical play. His production has dipped, and that's been a disappointment IMO.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
Fix'd

Though Calgary is sort of wasting Hamilton on the second pairing. In a perfect world (and if they wanted to win now) I'd try to trade him for a top 6 winger and a decent #3 d-man like a Petry or similar.

He's being played where he should be being played, how is that wasting him? hes a #3 and hes playing that role.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
And the Flames do this why....? Love the Jets and want to see them in the playoffs, but NHL teams dont help out other teams just because.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Really stupid trade offer.

Glad the OP isn't a Winnipeg fan because if he was he'd be a disgrace to that fan base.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad