Proposal: Cgy-wpg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

imapylon

Mar 6, 2016
I like these teams equally and would have to say that the Flames would say no deal. Myself I prefer Hamilton over Trouba.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Doesn't make sense for either team. Calgary could use a stay at home 4; for sure... But moving Dougie how would be stupid; the way his game improved over the course of the year has me hopeful we'll have a true top pairing guy within a year or two out of Dougie.

When paired with Brodie, those two were absolutely solid together.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
You do you but come on.....be honest now.......how many Jets games did you watch the entirety of last year? I mean....I know I am not wrong lol.

If you can come here and honestly say that Trouba has regressed then you clearly just went "Hmmmm 21 is less than 22 so Trouba has played worse!"

More than 10. I'd take Hamilton all day over Trouba. If you take out the first 20 games last season it wasn't even close. I don't have a hugely high opinion of Dougie either. Both players are pretty overrated in my view. You hope they both develop further given their age, but if all they are is what they are now, neither guy is a top end defenseman. Hamilton can do everything though, whereas Trouba is more one dimensional.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
brodie is top 15? :shakehead

Brodie is easily top 15. He's better than Giordano actually. Guess who the number one defenseman in the NHL is in terms of defensive metrics over the last 3 years? It's not Doughty, Keith, OEL, Hedman or Vlasic. It's TJ Brodie. He also put up a season where he would have had 53 points had he played the whole season at the same pace and did put up 45 points despite missing all of training camp and the first part of the year.

Hamilton gets overrated by opposing fans and Brodie gets underrated. I'd put him in the top 5, although I know most will disagree with me.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
brodie is top 15? :shakehead
I know the league is big and you're 2 hours behind but you need to watch other teams before remarking about their players.

There is zero chance you could name 15 defenseman I and most others would take over TJ Brodie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad