CFL 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Wow, the West is WIDE open now. The 2 games coming up against a banged up Bombers squad should be telling. With Streveler out for the rest of the year, the Bombers have nothing past a brittle Collaros should something happen to him.

Can't believe how badly Rourke is stumbling now. Again, one more case where guy returns from NFL dream and is not the same player as when they left. And Betts hasn't looked a whole lot better. Looks like they lost a starting wide receiver last night too.

Don’t want to get ahead of myself because it’s still very early, but his return has kind of reminded me of Casey Printers.

Dominant going down; then a total scrub the moment he came back.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Wow, the West is WIDE open now. The 2 games coming up against a banged up Bombers squad should be telling. With Streveler out for the rest of the year, the Bombers have nothing past a brittle Collaros should something happen to him.

Can't believe how badly Rourke is stumbling now. Again, one more case where guy returns from NFL dream and is not the same player as when they left. And Betts hasn't looked a whole lot better. Looks like they lost a starting wide receiver last night too.
Two years of essentially not playing your sport at all can seriously hamper development.

Reactions: bellagiobob

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Two years of essentially not playing your sport at all can seriously hamper development.
100%.

When I lived in Canada, I used to think that the only differences between the CFL and NFL were rules and dimensions. But living now in the States, with very little access and exposure to the CFL...it's shocking just how different the two leagues really are.

Having the fourth down and a shorter field to cover gives you a margin for error that you don't have in the CFL. It's less urgent gunslinging and more like a chess game, where TOP is prioritized over yardage.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Don’t want to get ahead of myself because it’s still very early, but his return has kind of reminded me of Casey Printers.

Derrell Walker wasn't a QB but was another example of a guy who seemed to be a shadow of himself after returning from the NFL. Ditto for DB Aaron Grymes.

I thought Ricky Ray wasn't as good when he came back to the Esks either although he regained some of his form after being traded.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
100%.

When I lived in Canada, I used to think that the only differences between the CFL and NFL were rules and dimensions. But living now in the States, with very little access and exposure to the CFL...it's shocking just how different the two leagues really are.

Having the fourth down and a shorter field to cover gives you a margin for error that you don't have in the CFL. It's less urgent gunslinging and more like a chess game, where TOP is prioritized over yardage.
I agree with what you’ve said but in Rourke’s case and others like him in the past, they’re not playing any football games at all when they’re sitting on practice rosters down in the NFL. Two years is a long time to not be seeing game action in any sport. Practice is not the same as playing. I can see talent being lost quickly in that scenario. I’m not saying he’s finished but right now, today, he’s not the same player he was when he left.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Wow, was Montreal crap all game long. Fortunately Calgary chokes as well.
Getting harder and harder every week to figure out which team is the best in the league right now heading towards the post season. Montreal sure didn’t look like it tonight. This looks like anybody getting into the playoffs has a legitimate chance to win.

PositiveCashFlow

the construction could be better
Jul 10, 2007
JFC especially with Ford back and now with AC back as well we should be able to keep up with the west at the very least. Only thing we’re missing is a returner unless we put Leake back.

I don’t get why they don’t have Leake return, give KB or Rank a few plays, then go back to Leake

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
JFC especially with Ford back and now with AC back as well we should be able to keep up with the west at the very least. Only thing we’re missing is a returner unless we put Leake back.

I don’t get why they don’t have Leake return, give KB or Rank a few plays, then go back to Leake
Been saying this for some time. Leake has proven he is an elite returner. It's why I thought we signed him. Let Brown and Rankin eat for most of the game at RB and spot Leake in there from time to time.

Als are paper tigers, record way better than what the team actually is. Decent team, but not dominant like the pundits want to make them seem.
They barely beat us in 2 games, and that was without Ford being available.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
That US Bank stadium roof in Minnesota would look good over Commonwealth. Permanent acrylic glass roof. Really cool technology.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Marcus Lewis was probably the best EE DB last year but might have a tough time getting back in the starting roster with the improvements we have seen back there since his injury.

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
That US Bank stadium roof in Minnesota would look good over Commonwealth. Permanent acrylic glass roof. Really cool technology.

Very cool. Not sure how it could be adapted to Commonwealth though. A new stadium would be designed to accommodate it, an older one, not so sure. But having a covered stadium would increase the use of the facility ten fold. 365 days a year for nearly every larger event you could think of.

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
What is this hate Nickelback thing all about? I don't know their music very well but I have heard them and they sound pretty good to me.
They've been hated for decades now. Never really heard why, I know Garner Andrews tried to talk about it once but he really never had much to convince anyone that they should be hated.

About the only thing I ever heard was that they became sellouts to the music industry and didn't care about fans

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
They've been hated for decades now. Never really heard why, I know Garner Andrews tried to talk about it once but he really never had much to convince anyone that they should be hated.

About the only thing I ever heard was that they became sellouts to the music industry and didn't care about fans

And even this is kind of BS. They were always marketed as a mainstream hard rock band and that's what they've always been. They were never meant to be an alternative or avant garde band pushing their artistic limits at all times.

I think it just came from a bit too much overplay of their early hits, then their type of music (along with Creed) became heavily copied filling the mainstream airwaves at the time. After the market got saturated with bands going for that sound, there was a bit of backlash against Nickelback and Creed as the early faces of that generic mainstream hard rock sound.

I'll admit I bought into the "hate Nickelback" hype at times, but really it's just lazy. I don't really like most of their music, but I could say the same can be said about 90% of the music that makes the radio nowadays so "hating" them because of it seems just stupid and lazy.

I've settled on cheering on a group of guys from Alberta that found a way to be very successful at what they do and good for them. Still won't buy any of their music or tickets though.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad