CFL 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
And here I thought people weren’t going cause of the Elk/Esk issue.
Odd.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Last point, transit was a bit of a let down. Not for me but for others. So they removed the Davies Park N Ride and are telling people to take the Valley Line then transfer to the Capital Line. But this is literally impossible. The Capital Line trains are full. I was on the train coming from Southgate and looking out the window with entire families with their hands up going "wtf" and then having to wait for the next trains that was 15 minutes away and probably full too. There were many families trying to get to the game on time that simply couldn't and I'm sure that turned some off from going to another game.

Edmonton Transit doing what Edmonton Transit does. The LRT is a massive waste of taxpayer dollars which has driven property taxes through the f***ing roof.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Re: the lower bowl, I think the next focus needs to be on removing the tarped sections in the north endzone first. Make those like the cheap Sobeys seats and then maybe you can think about reopening the upper bowl after that part gets filled.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
It’s one game after 3 years of crisis level attendance numbers.

They won’t be called the Elks next year so I won’t be surprised to see bad attendance numbers die with that name.
Yeah. Maybe.
Odd that those 3 years they were shit.
Who would have thunk it.

Last edited:

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
It’s one game after 3 years of crisis level attendance numbers.

They won’t be called the Elks next year so I won’t be surprised to see bad attendance numbers die with that name.

It's also going to take massive improvement to not only the on-field product but the in-game experience to bring the fans back.

Even in the 2015 Grey Cup run when they ran the table, they were already down to about a 28,000-32,000 average. The Western Final in November only got 34,000 or so.

That's why things like the fire truck are so crucial right now. Thinking of the biggest Esk crowds I saw back in the day (40,000-60,000), it was the down-to-earth community feel that made the games special. I got way more out of the fire truck and Nanook and Punter than I ever got out of the Tom Cochrane concert they had to open the 2016 season back in the day.

Reactions: MessierII

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Not to me directly but I'll bet you the name gets changed. The attendance dropped because the BOD ignored and abandoned their core fans.

How many games have you gone to in the past 3 years?
Yeah that’s it.
Shit team had nothing to do with it.
Yes, I fondly remember when Oilers attendance went to shit because their name went to…..
Oilers
Only in Alaberta
My lord.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
It's also going to take massive improvement to not only the on-field product but the in-game experience to bring the fans back.

Even in the 2015 Grey Cup run when they ran the table, they were already down to about a 28,000-32,000 average. The Western Final in November only got 34,000 or so.

That's why things like the fire truck are so crucial right now. Thinking of the biggest Esk crowds I saw back in the day (40,000-60,000), it was the down-to-earth community feel that made the games special. I got way more out of the fire truck and Nanook and Punter than I ever got out of the Tom Cochrane concert they had to open the 2016 season back in the day.
Both franchises totally lost touch with that at some point in the later 90’s. Remember the carnival of champions? The oilers and eskimos back in those days seemed so accessible. They were just a natural part of the city.

Reactions: JordanGalhanth

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Both franchises totally lost touch with that at some point in the later 90’s. Remember the carnival of champions? The oilers and eskimos back in those days seemed so accessible. They were just a natural part of the city.
The Oilers are too far gone to get back to that IMO. But the Esks have no choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad