CFL 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
The thing that's incredible about the Elks turnaround is I can't tell if it makes it abundantly clear that Jones is absolutely horrendously atrocious for being such a bad coach with all this talent, or if he's amazing for assembling all this talent in the first place.

It's kind of a remarkable juxtaposition. 😂

Also - the f*** was Calgary doing letting that Rookie QB wilt and flounder all game?! Don't get me wrong, I quite enjoyed the back to back to back turnovers... But good lord, what a great way to destroy a kids confidence.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Your preaching to the choir, brother. My comments, in this ongoing thread, of JOD has been consistent in my disgust of his entire tenure as GM.

How he earned an extension is just a further indictment on Craig Reynolds as well.
When they extended him, I think most Riders fans reacted like Borat in the driving instructor scene:

“WUUUUUT? You joke? *laughs* That is not good for me.”

• Love
Reactions: brentashton

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
The thing that's incredible about the Elks turnaround is I can't tell if it makes it abundantly clear that Jones is absolutely horrendously atrocious for being such a bad coach with all this talent, or if he's amazing for assembling all this talent in the first place.

Also - the f*** was Calgary doing letting that Rookie QB wilt and flounder all game?! Don't get me wrong, I quite enjoyed the back to back to back turnovers... But good lord, what a great way to destroy a kids confidence.
Much like last year, the winning didn't start until Ford was allowed to start. And once again it took an injury to force the coach to play him. A lot of other good players who were just missing the final spark that Ford brings to the team. Jones refusal to play him two straight years and it cost him his job.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

I think Dickenson was trying to send a message to Maier, lol.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Much like last year, the winning didn't start until Ford was allowed to start. And once again it took an injury to force the coach to play him. A lot of other good players who were just missing the final spark that Ford brings to the team. Jones refusal to play him two straight years and it cost him his job.
Pretty reluctant yesterday too.

I will never understand why a club that has so succesfully used QBs as tandems in the past has been so stubborn on this issue??

Reactions: bellagiobob

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Its incredible how many good players we actually have, now that Jones is gone.

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
I didn’t but heard lots of pissed of people as prices were ridiculous and upper deck not being open
It must of been around that 32k if that is what the capacity for the bottom bowl is. There was not much empty seats and as I was looking for tickets earlier that day pickings were pretty slim. As far as the upper bowl being opened up, it is a discussion that needs to be had by people much smarter than me. I'm torn, having that bottom bowl packed does bring something to the experience. It also does force people to actually commit to buying tickets earlier. Also 32k seems almost perfect in terms of the concourse being functional at the game. At half time I was able to go to washroom and get concessions before the beginning of the 3rd.

But I do see the other side of it too. There are lots of primo view seats in the upper deck that are much better than those endzone seats. They are in a tough spot because I'm sure a lot to season ticket holders lost their upper deck seats and would be pissed if they opened them up again not even a year later. One of those things were no matter what you do they are going to piss people off.

Last point, transit was a bit of a let down. Not for me but for others. So they removed the Davies Park N Ride and are telling people to take the Valley Line then transfer to the Capital Line. But this is literally impossible. The Capital Line trains are full. I was on the train coming from Southgate and looking out the window with entire families with their hands up going "wtf" and then having to wait for the next trains that was 15 minutes away and probably full too. There were many families trying to get to the game on time that simply couldn't and I'm sure that turned some off from going to another game.

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
With fall coming and most people soon to shut down their cabins and put away their trailers, and kids back at school, the weekend games should now look pretty favourable for some big crowds. I hope they open up the upper bowls now, as the team is gaining momentum and at long last looks like something worth watching.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad