CFL 2024

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
As someone with experience dealing with a public company board - I couldn't be any more cynical and jaded about how boards function and the roles board members have within them.

Boards are basically a retirement club for old rich people, few of which actually give the slightest shit about the company or their performance on the board. Sit on a few boards, collect a handsome sum of money from each to do absolutely nothing, then move along on to the next after a few years. It's honestly the perfect retirement gig. Sit on 3 or 4 of the right boards and you can cash $400k+ for no more than a few hours of your time each week at most (outside the meetings).

The whole system is a sham.
Couldn't agree more and we have so many younger people who can't catch a break or ever hope to own a house and here we have what George Harrison called the "little piggies" on the white album.

My first thought was who the f*** is JC Abbott, and then I looked at his profile and see he’s a future unemployed person.
I've never heard of this dude. What does he do??

Reactions: bellagiobob

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Will the CFL sponsors allow it? I'd be psyched for changing the name back to Eskimos
F**k the sponsors.
They shouldnt be controlling what the people want to support....it should be the other way around.
Its the people that really matter.
If the people are fine with it (and we really do live in a free society) then the sponsors will follow.

Last edited:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Last edited:

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
Fluffer??
I had to google what that was and certainly was not what I was expecting :laugh:

Was thinking more

IMG_1589.jpeg

Reactions: rboomercat90

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

“If you have a different opinion than me, you’re IGNORANT.”

Reasoned discussion? Listening to another point of view? Nah. You’re an “X” (racist, ignorant, whatever). The typical tactic. Can’t or aren’t willing to debate/discuss on the merits of the issue? Much easier to just call out a name and run away.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
“If you have a different opinion than me, you’re IGNORANT.”

Reasoned discussion? Listening to another point of view? Nah. You’re an “X” (racist, ignorant, whatever). The typical tactic. Can’t or aren’t willing to debate/discuss on the merits of the issue? Much easier to just call out a name and run away.
People of that ilk are not the least bit interested in debate.
Their fragile egos simply cant deal with being challenged. Probably why they are so quick with the name calling.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
If nothing else, the rumor of the proposed name change back to Eskimos should bring a lot of the same ‘football fans’ back to the thread who jumped up and down with glee after the name change, but just haven’t had the time so far to actually attend a game or buy 1k in merchandise.
grabthepopcorn.gif

Reactions: bellagiobob

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Oh...the social justice warriors (the extreme vocal minority) will be out in full force over this.
They need to be taught the same lesson as the Sponsors.
The majority of the people and their opinions matter more than the vocal minority who love to tell everyone what to think.
There will be tears.

The fourth name change will simply be the Edmonton Ilks

Myride

Mar 4, 2016
Edmonton
This is trending again. Name reversal incoming me thinks.

There you have it.....change it back to Eakimos...find new sponsors on board and not afraid and welcome back those that have left due to this ridiculous name change from the beginning. I for one dropped my longstanding season tickets when they changed the name and would be first inline to re-up.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
And that doesn't include the percentage that really don't care. About time someone had the balls to tell the little whiny wokesters to shove it. And then find sponsors that you don't need to bend over for.
I don't always agree with you, but I agree with this. Enough is enough. I heard Thompson said a condition of the sale was a name change.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
F**k the sponsors.
They shouldnt be controlling what the people want to support....it should be the other way around.
Its the people that really matter.
If the people are fine with it (and we really do live in a free society) then the sponsors will follow.
Pretty sure the biggest sponsor that wanted the name changed, ended up dropping the Esks anyways.

I'm glad Rourke is back with BC. My interest in the league was waning. This gets my interest back up.
More talent at QB in the CFL is a good thing, even if its not with the Elks.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
If nothing else, the rumor of the proposed name change back to Eskimos should bring a lot of the same ‘football fans’ back to the thread who jumped up and down with glee after the name change, but just haven’t had the time so far to actually attend a game or buy 1k in merchandise.
They have outed themselves. They dont give a shit about the team or its history.
They just care about imposing their virtue siganlling views on everyone one else.
They really shouldnt be given the time of day.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
It's a happy day for me.

No matter what you call the team, I didn't want to see something like a "save our stamps" campaign or have fans bringing in a bag of grain to get a game ticket.

Let's take a few weeks just to be happy that the team will survive.

For anybody who wanted the team to fold, please don't come back to the thread. We don't want you here. That goes double for wokesters who have never had any interest in the CFL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad