CFL 2024

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I actually wonder about his general well being. The man was in the liquid pretty heavy in Regina and then out of pro ball after the NFL experiment. And the implosion now in Edmonton Part Deux, it makes you wonder if he has spiralled somewhat. I hope he’s well.

He’s definitely not the D Guru he started out as.
Agreed- looks like he came unhinged.

No D Guru that's for sure. When you go 2.5 seasons with practically no stunts or blitzes and a 3 or 4 man rush then what do you need a "defensive genius" for?

Pressure trumps rookie D-back coverage by a country mile but how do you get pressure with a 3 man rush on a D-line that is a revolving door???

I like your expression "in the liquid"--never heard that one before.

Last edited:

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Agreed- looks he came unhinged.

No D Guru that's for sure. When you go 2.5 seasons with practically no stunts or blitzes and a 3 or 4 man rush then what do you need a "defensive genius" for?

Pressure trumps rookie D-back coverage by a country mile but how do you get pressure with a 3 man rush on a D-line that is a revolving door???

I like your expression "in the liquid"--never heard that one before.
My memory may fail me, but didn’t he have a similar recruiting failure and the same revolving door D line in Sask towards the end of his tenure? Maybe I’m confusing it with JOD and his inability to build an O line.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
As advvertised, bought a couple tickets for me and my favourite gal and went to our first football game in a couple years. Beautiful day, and nothing else to do, so why not. Plus, wanted to see Tre Ford. And make no mistake, we were not going to see the Elkimos necessarily, but mostly, Tre Ford.

Went to Elks site for the tickets and was moved over to Ticketmaster. Looked for tickets in the section we were interested in and very few left, so grabbed the last 2 in one of the rows.. We thought, wow, this is going to be a large crowd.

Got to the game and we were the only ones in that row, and all around us, lots and lots of empty seats. Just assumed they would fill up as we got closer to game time. But maybe 3-4 people showed up as the game progressed and that was it. Not sure how Ticketmaster can make it look like not many tickets left, and actually, tons of seats available.

On to the game. Tre came as advertised. Fast as a fly and super exciting. Worth the price of admission. Leake looked good and #31 was pretty shifty too. #94 looked good and Gurlee Kittens made some nice catches.

Our punter is damned good, and the best one we've had for a long long time. Lock this dude up.

Bede missed an easy one early. For all the criticism Sean Whyte took on here at times for not being able to drill them through from 55 and up, he's extremely reliable from 45 and in his entire career, and that's what you need to win in this league. Not sexy at all, but incredibly consistent. Careful what you wish for.

On defence, #45 and #24 missed a few tackles each, but seemed to get better as the game went on. The defence was getting shredded, and I think it might be some scheme issues and a few guys need to be moved out. Combo of both.

Losing Ford for any length of time will be devastating to any chance this team has of winning more games. I have zero confidence in MBT, even as he managed to steer the ship home tonight.

And finally, to the guy and his adult sons sitting behind us and ringing their f***ing cowbells all evening in our ears......f*** off. I hate those things. My wife said we might have to bring ear plugs next time. .

Last edited:

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
As advvertised, bought a couple tickets for me and my favourite gal and went to our first football game in a couple years. Beautiful day, and nothing else to do, so why not. Plus, wanted to see Tre Ford. And make no mistake, we were not going to see the Elkimos necessarily, but mostly, Tre Ford.

Went to Elks site for the tickets and was moved over to Ticketmaster. Looked for tickets in the section we were interested in and very few left, so grabbed the last 2 in one of the rows.. We thought, wow, this is going to be a large crowd.

Got to the game and we were the only ones in that row, and all around us, lots and lots of empty seats. Just assumed they would fill up as we got closer to game time. But maybe 3-4 people showed up as the game progressed and that was it. Not sure how Ticketmaster can make it look like not many tickets left, and actually, tons of seats available.

On to the game. Tre came as advertised. Fast as a fly and super exciting. Worth the price of admission. Leake looked good and #31 was pretty shifty too. #94 looked good and Gurlee Kittens made some nice catches.

Our punter is damned good, and the best one we've had for a long long time. Lock this dude up.

Bede missed an easy one early. For all the criticism Sean Whyte took on here at times for not being able to drill them through from 55 and up, he's extremely reliable from 45 and in his entire career, and that's what you need to win in this league. Not sexy at all, but incredibly consistent. Careful what you wish for.

On defence, #45 and #24 missed a few tackles each, but seemed to get better as the game went on. The defence was getting shredded, and I think it might be some scheme issues and a few guys need to be moved out. Combo of both.

Losing Ford for any length of time will be devastating to any chance this team has of winning more games. I have zero confidence in MBT, even as he managed to steer the ship home tonight.

To the guy and his adult sons sitting behind us and ringing their f***ing cowbells all evening in our ears......f*** off. I hate those things. My wife said we might have to bring ear plugs next time. .
I think there are a lot of old people who still buy tickets and never go.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

And finally, to the guy and his adult sons sitting behind us and ringing their f***ing cowbells all evening in our ears......f*** off. I hate those things. My wife said we might have to bring ear plugs next time. .

The fact she said "next time" is a positive. We need more people that go to games to talk about the next time they are coming to a game.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

What did your #2 gal say about you taking your favourite gal and not her?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Nathan is it time to come back? Can he really be making much more just on tryout contracts now? 6' 2" no running QBs in NFL, don't usually last too long.

The fact that his filtered threw this many teams already tends to make me think he’s done. But guys will chase dreams

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I wonder if he goes UFL for a season as his last shot at getting noticed. Then signs a long term CFL deal if that doesn’t work.

There's a delicate balance between maximizing your exposure down south and chasing too long and falling behind the rest of the developing QBs in the CFL. If he goes three full seasons without meaningful in game snaps, he's less likely to come back as impactful as he was when he left. Ricky Ray only missed one season and had taken a bit of a step back before getting back to being himself.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
The fact that his filtered threw this many teams already tends to make me think he’s done. But guys will chase dreams
None made the playoffs either, he wasn't on the roster much either, mostly practice arm.

There's a delicate balance between chasing too long and falling behind the rest of the developing QBs in the CFL and maximizing your exposure in the South. If he goes three full seasons without meaningful in game snaps, he's less likely to come back as impactful as he was when he left.
I agree, but he will still get paid.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
There's a delicate balance between chasing too long and falling behind the rest of the developing QBs in the CFL and maximizing your exposure in the South. If he goes three full seasons without meaningful in game snaps, he's less likely to come back as impactful as he was when he left.
I think he plays and plays well in the UFL though. I doubt he would fall behind CFL QBs in that league. It’s no joke and quite a few of them end up going to the NFL.

I agree he can’t sit around and not play in the NFL another season.

Reactions: bone

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I think he plays and plays well in the UFL though. I doubt he would fall behind CFL QBs in that league. It’s no joke and quite a few of them end up going to the NFL.

I agree he can’t sit around and not play in the NFL another season.
Possibly, but again the longer he goes without in game snaps, success even in the UFL becomes a little less certain.

Let's not also forget that the team he had his breakout season with also won games when he was injured once they adjusted to the loss, and followed that up with a 12-6 season the year after he left.

So was it all him, or at least partially a good environment giving him and opportunity for him to succeed.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
In hindsight might have been better for him to have taken the Warren Moon route, really establish yourself up here, become a good pro and really learn the game, and then try your luck down south. But I get why he did what he did.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Has anyone heard updates regarding Ford/ injury? I can’t find a sniff anywhere.

With them playing Saturday, I suspect their practice week will be Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday with Friday being a travel day. As such, we'll likely know whether he's at least practicing by this time tomorrow. I doubt we'll hear anything before practice though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $472.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Andorra vs Malta
    Andorra vs Malta
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $225.00