CFL 2024

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
It would be awesome.

As a Rider fan, derisively calling them the ‘Shmoes just doesn’t have the same cachet anymore.

The Elkishmoes is really hard to say without sounding like an idiot either.

I do hope things turn around in Edmonton soon though, Commonwealth was my favourite stadium to watch a game in until the new Mosaic opened up in Regina.

Reactions: brentashton

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
The Elkishmoes is really hard to say without sounding like an idiot either.

I do hope things turn around in Edmonton soon though, Commonwealth was my favourite stadium to watch a game in until the new Mosaic opened up in Regina.
Agreed. Let’s be honest, they have been the flagship of the CFL for decades but sadly have fallen hard in the last 10 years. I will say it again, a strong CFL includes a very strong Edmonton FC.

PS - hate the concourse at Commonwealth, usually jammed, albeit with many, many Rider mates ever I’ve attended games there :). Although when I lived in Edmonton I admit I attended non Rider games too (dont hate me). But ya as a stadium built in the mid 1970s it has held up very well. Architects, Commonwealth 78 organizers and city all to be applauded.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Reactions: bellagiobob

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
If you told me 10 years ago that a local collegiate summer baseball league team would be buying the Eskimos I would have told you that you were f***ing insane.

How far the mighty have fallen.
If you’d have told me this was going to happen the day after the Eskimos sold the Trappers after arguing for years they should own them because Pocklington was going to sell them to the first rich American that came knocking and only they could be trusted to be the guardians of the community it would have made me smile.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad