CFL 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I posted the Gregg's were involved early. That's good news if it's them. Gary Gregg runs the tightest operation you could ever imagine.

I would say that the asking price keeps going done with each Elk loss, but at this point I can’t imagine anyone is even going to be paying anything, just assuming whatever debts the team has. I honestly can’t fathom why anyone would want to invest in this team/league unless there is a cross promo angle, etc.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Didn’t see the debate tonight. Did he manage to stay awake for all of it? Or did he get distracted by a cleaning lady near the bathroom partway through?

To quote one observer, it was the Hindenburg crashing into the Titanic. It made for good comedy when they started arguing who was the better golfer.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Didn’t see the debate tonight. Did he manage to stay awake for all of it? Or did he get distracted by a cleaning lady near the bathroom partway through?
Go watch the first 5 minutes on YouTube or maybe it’s in CNNs archives since they hosted it, etc.

It’s actually sad. It felt like real life Weekend at Bernie’s and they were propping up Joe and helping move his mouth to speak. Not exaggerating.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Go watch the first 5 minutes on YouTube or maybe it’s in CNNs archives since they hosted it, etc.

It’s actually sad. It felt like real life Weekend at Bernie’s and they were propping up Joe and helping move his mouth to speak. Not exaggerating.
Yeah it wasn’t good. The only thing that was worse was the sheer volume of lies coming out of the other guys mouth.
Not a good situation.

Reactions: brentashton

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Yeah it wasn’t good. The only thing that was worse was the sheer volume of lies coming out of the other guys mouth.
Not a good situation.
I will be back living in the US when the November elections are on. I was there in 2020 too.

It actually gets out of hand at the polling stations, like a sporting match, each sides supporters lining the streets with sign and people. It’s somewhat intimidating. People driving everywhere on the freeways in “parades” with their f*** “insert name of other candidate here” flags flapping in the wind.

These 2 clowns make the decision for US voters seem like choosing between catching Ebola or flesh eating disease.

Sadly, whatever happens will have huge repercussions for Canada as well.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
To quote one observer, it was the Hindenburg crashing into the Titanic. It made for good comedy when they started arguing who was the better golfer.
I thought the funniest line was when Biden prattled on incongruently on a question he was asked and just stopped mid sentence and then in reply, Trump said, “I don’t even know what he said, and I don’t think does neither.” I howled with laughter.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
I will be back living in the US when the November elections are on. I was there in 2020 too.

It actually gets out of hand at the polling stations, like a sporting match, each sides supporters lining the streets with sign and people. It’s somewhat intimidating. People driving everywhere on the freeways in “parades” with their f*** “insert name of other candidate here” flags flapping in the wind.

These 2 clowns make the decision for US voters seem like choosing between catching Ebola or flesh eating disease.

Sadly, whatever happens will have huge repercussions for Canada as well.
It's all part of te Dems plan. They sacrificed Biden at the debate because they know he can't beat Trump in November. So they will now replace him with either Michelle Obama or Gavin Newsome as their Manchurian candidate.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Sorry didnt mean to hijack the thread, back to CFL talk, what will it take for the Eslks to get back to being a winning organization? Private ownership?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It is sad to see how far the Eslks have fallen. I stopped going to games years ago, used to have seasons tickets, the players you all knew by name and were legends in the community. Part of me thinks the talent pool has dropped to the point of being near high school football quality, as a player they can make more being on an NFL practice squad so many of the players that come here gives us amateur hour bad overall games, part of me thinks the lack of Canadians and stability in the game means you no longer identify with players like you used to, part of me thinks fans have walked over the name change and simply wont come back. Combine all that with a losing record and playing in front of a cavernous empty stadium and you get what we have now. Is this far off? I dont go to games anymore and just check the odd score here and there. I probably know more about what's going on in table tennis than the CFL, thats how far my interest has dropped so curious to hear from the diehards here.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I understood the MBT signing as (partially) a matter of mentorship for Ford but that's clearly not happening.

It looks to me like MBT has lost some of his arm strength. He is underthrowing what may be the best set of receivers in the league and they are visibly frustrated at what is happening. Add to that the fact that MBT simply can't escape the blitz or pocket pressure. His mobility is similar to that of Joe Biden.

Most nights, 21 points doesn't win in the CFL and missing open receivers surely doesn't help.

Ford is not going to get any better sitting on the bench and if the club was winning then that might be different but in a situation like this you bring in Ford for some reps in the games if only to give the opposition defense a different look.

And what a penalty prone team Jones has put together. You have to question the intelligence of some of these guys.

Why would Jones have cut or traded all of his experienced D-linemen in the off season? Sure, give young guys a chance but they need more experience and its obvious in watching them.

Well, 2 more losses and that's probably it for the season.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I thought the funniest line was when Biden prattled on incongruently on a question he was asked and just stopped mid sentence and then in reply, Trump said, “I don’t even know what he said, and I don’t think does neither.” I howled with laughter.
Sad and disturbing to watch, I felt sorry for the man-- but whether its sports or politics very few will voluntarily step aside. President or head coach, power is the ultimate thrill.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
At least the covered the spread for me last night. But I'm just guessing with the CFL as I got a free play from the Oilers 50-50.
I had the same free play but took the chance on the outright Elks win due to the great odds. Close, but no cigar. I think that was the first free play I didn't win from the 50/50's, was a great playoffs gambling wise.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
I had the same free play but took the chance on the outright Elks win due to the great odds. Close, but no cigar. I think that was the first free play I didn't win from the 50/50's, was a great playoffs gambling wise.
Way to go, I still have the other three CFL games to go. Can't remember what they are but two are Overs. And Calgary to cover or win??

Well don't they also own the Riverhawks? Kind of funny to see the turnaround from the Eskimos owning the Trappers to potentially now the Riverhawks owning the Elks.
Not sure if it makes sense for the Riverhawks to own the Elks as they are competing for the same dollars at the same time.

Tons of penalties last night, which is becoming a standard of the Jones regime. That is 100% on the coaching.
He has always teams that lived on the edge, smack them in the mouth type defences. In the past his defenses could handle the penalties they incurred. But he doesn't have the players now.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad