CFL 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
No credit, wide open and should’ve lead him down the sideline, he got lucky.

Glad it turned into a TD, honestly, but I said to my son as it was coming down that it was a terrible throw, then he threw it back to me asking if I thought it was still a terrible throw.
whatever makes you sleep at night.

Reactions: Tobias Kahun

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
-A solid game by the defense but it was against an absolutely brutal effort by Maier. He would get cut by the Dinos after that performance. I also think that Dickenson's tenure might be drawing to a close in Calgary.

-But credit to Bynum, Jackson and Anderson on that defense--they are 3 very bright spots on the team who have started to emerge.

-I'm excited about the future if they can deep this D together.

-Special teams were woeful again and there were a couple of blocking from the rear penalties that pinned the EE deep in their own zone.

-The EE will win the rematch on Saturday and go to 5-8. Who would have guessed...

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
486 passing yards for MBT. When was the last time we saw that? We’ve got a lot of talent in the receiving corps all of a sudden.
Last year's golden boy, Cobb, can't make this starting receiver set because they are just too good.

Mitchell and Lewis are as good as anybody in the league and what a bonus Jones has become.

Add in solid Canadians like Myala and Gittens--they are a serious upgrade on home grown talent.

Last edited:

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
And this is one of the reasons I stopped going to games at Mosaic.

Alcohol fueled idiots. The whole objective at a game now is to drink your face off. No thank you.

Edit - and I mean idiots who are fans of BOTH teams.

This location is center field, field level. Thinking some STH sold their seats for the LDC and the yokels bought them.

Jerry Springer descendants. Real Planet of the Apes stuff.

Reactions: brentashton

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Wasn't perfect, but a convincing 60 minute effort. No reason it can't be replicated on Saturday, but I still hope Ford starts if he's fully healthy. Calgary looks as bad as they have at any point in the last 20 years. Hufnagel was driving the bus much moreso than Dickenson. Maier is wildly inconsistent, and has this habit of playing a great game as soon as his job looks to be on the line. Hopefully this pattern can be broken finally.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Wasn't perfect, but a convincing 60 minute effort. No reason it can't be replicated on Saturday, but I still hope Ford starts if he's fully healthy. Calgary looks as bad as they have at any point in the last 20 years. Hufnagel was driving the bus much moreso than Dickenson. Maier is wildly inconsistent, and has this habit of playing a great game as soon as his job looks to be on the line. Hopefully this pattern can be broken finally.
I also think this is the weakest Stampeder team we have seen in the last 2 decades. Once you get past Beggelton there isn't a star on the offense.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I also think this is the weakest Stampeder team we have seen in the last 2 decades. Once you get past Beggelton there isn't a star on the offense.

Good ol' Beggelton celebrating every catch like it's a major when your team is 2-6 in their last 8 games and is the lowest scoring team in the entire league with the 2nd worst point differential.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Good ol' Beggelton celebrating every catch like it's a major when your team is 2-6 in their last 8 games and is the lowest scoring team in the entire league with the 2nd worst point differential.

The worst is when Suitor seizes on these stupid little things and won't shut the f*** up about them. After one catch - "ITS THE USS BAGELTON REELING IN THE CATCH!!"

What the hell is he even talking about?

When the Stamps finally actually hit on a big play - "this is the spark to get the Stamps' offence really clicking!" as if they were a caged Tiger vastly underperforming expectations. Guy drives me crazy and has his whole career.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Good receiver just the same. Not as good as when he left for the NFL but they never are when they come back home to Canada.

There certainly isn't one QB.
Easily the worst Stamp QB I have seen in many many years. Even as an aging player, BLM can still hit them on the long patterns--this guy can't.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I think we sweep the Stamps this week. Was interviewed by at Commonwealth three weeks ago and said this.

I’m not superstitious so don’t come at me for any BS jinx so don’t blame me if it doesn’t happen.
Make enough predictions and you're bound to get some of them right.;):laugh:

Hamilton deciding to run an actual play instead of taking knees is an interesting decision. The Argos and Ti-cats play three times this year, so season series points tiebreaker was never in play. I just don't understand the thought process from many coaches in this league.
What if they tied one of those games?:D

Last edited:

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006

I still think they've got some good players on offense (just good, nothing more) but Maier is useless in half his starts. He's a Matt Nichols at this point, without the excuse of serious injuries derailing a lot of his potential. Maier hasn't improved really at all since the very start of his career, but Dave Dickenson might not agree with that assessment.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
MBT had a very good game that would have been a great game if he had more production in the first half. I would definitely start him next game, but Jackson has to be of the mind to switch at times, regardless of the results to give the Stamps some different looks. You know they will make adjustments this week. Our receivers really look good, catching pretty much everything they are expected to, making a bunch of others they shouldn't make, and getting some real productive YAK's. I was a little pissed at Jones making the V sign as he ran down the sideline with the fumble. That little move probably cost him getting into the endzone, and if something bad would have happened, a lot of people on here would have been pissed at him. I'm sure someone will talk to him about that. He had another stellar game though, and picking up the fumble in the first place was really heads up, and shows he is a smart player.

And again, when the discussion turns to us not having much of a return game, it pisses me off a ton. We have one of the best returners in the league, arguably the best in Leake. he was fantastic when he was with the Argos returning kicks. USE HIM in that capacity please, Jackson. You have 2 other competent RB's to carry the rock and can spot Leake in there from time to time and change of pace.

I still think they've got some good players on offense (just good, nothing more) but Maier is useless in half his starts. He's a Matt Nichols at this point, without the excuse of serious injuries derailing a lot of his potential. Maier hasn't improved really at all since the very start of his career, but Dave Dickenson might not agree with that assessment.
Maier has a 10 cent head and absolutely not feel for the course of the game or what's happening during a play. He is nothing more than an average backup. But the longer Dickenson thinks he's something other than that, the better for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad