665f7ce0a2851.image.jpg

81LcV86eecL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TRG

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Kinda wish we could have gotten a full, healthy season from the guy. We he was working he was working pretty well, we just didn't get that version for more than a few weeks.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I think Lassi is the next one to go.

They need to acquire their best player if they want to turn this ship around and avoid losing half their season ticket holders.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
If Messi stays in the league next year they might still keep the STH
I think the novelty of Messi will wash off quite a bit and a bunch of long time STHs seem to have leaving the ship, so I expect a good portion of no re-newals for next season.

That said, they have the chance of salvaging something with the League's cup and the MLS playoffs.

Reactions: ThaDevilGirl

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I think the novelty of Messi will wash off quite a bit and a bunch of long time STHs seem to have leaving the ship, so I expect a good portion of no re-newals for next season.

That said, they have the chance of salvaging something with the League's cup and the MLS playoffs.
The last two seasons grew the fanbase quite a bit, I do expect the league will keep a decent amount of these new fans. Not 100% obviously, but a good percentage.

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Glad Toye is gone. Maybe he'll be successful elsewhere but his injury prone nature never made that possible here.

Next up is Lassi, and I'm still expecting more to leave and have little doubt anyone significant will be brought in as reinforcements.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Glad Toye is gone. Maybe he'll be successful elsewhere but his injury prone nature never made that possible here.

Next up is Lassi, and I'm still expecting more to leave and have little doubt anyone significant will be brought in as reinforcements.
That's ok, we've got some deadwood on the roster. Might as well take care of it.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
What do you think of the Canadian Classique? What's your best memories? Etc...

The Canadian Classique was for me the biggest derby in MLS. The best teams in Canada. The best Canadian players and international players. Huge rivalry. Entertaining games. Great Canadian Cup finals.

If I compare this in the past and in the present it's incomparable. It's sad that it's not the same level than before. The hype isn't the same.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
So we dumped the guy for nothing in return?

Eryk Williamson. He is worth alot more than Toye so maybe that's why it's stalling. I just hope GG doesn't screw this up and go for a no name guy in Portland because of their demands.

Williamson, if he comes, will be Choiniere's replacement who has already played his last MLS match in Montreal

I read that Williamson is Queen Latifah's cousin which is cool lol

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
What do you think of the Canadian Classique? What's your best memories? Etc...

The Canadian Classique was for me the biggest derby in MLS. The best teams in Canada. The best Canadian players and international players. Huge rivalry. Entertaining games. Great Canadian Cup finals.

If I compare this in the past and in the present it's incomparable. It's sad that it's not the same level than before. The hype isn't the same.
That's because we suck.

• Haha
Reactions: ahmedou

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I've said in the past that I'm not the biggest fan of Josef because he does little outside of when he gets the ball. I'll say that has improved and his capacity to create chances/get into positions is unmatched in the team.

Also, as much as I think we need to keep him, Choinière hasn't been showing much recently (even before Copa). He may be checked out, that's possible. But he may be the most unnoticeable All Star. Wondering what's the size of the bag he's requesting. That said, he's the type of player you win with in MLS: reliable, versatile, great attitude. I may be wrong but I don't see him cutting it at the top level in Europe.

Reactions: ArtPeur

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I've said in the past that I'm not the biggest fan of Josef because he does little outside of when he gets the ball. I'll say that has improved and his capacity to create chances/get into positions is unmatched in the team.

Also, as much as I think we need to keep him, Choinière hasn't been showing much recently (even before Copa). He may be checked out, that's possible. But he may be the most unnoticeable All Star. Wondering what's the size of the bag he's requesting. That said, he's the type of player you win with in MLS: reliable, versatile, great attitude. I may be wrong but I don't see him cutting it at the top level in Europe.

I wouldn't mind letting Choinière go if we can get a reliable creative mid, a DP à la Ryan Gauld

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad