What part of CapFriendly & Capgeek set it apart?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I know people are looking for an alternative to Capfriendly and currently it is either PuckPedia or Capwages. Also shoutout to Capgeek, we miss you still :cry:

What features do you miss or would want again that the websites aren't having currently or improve?

Mods sorry if this is the wrong section if you need to move it, please feel free to do so. Cheers

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
My biggest knock on puckpedia is having to scroll through miles of news and injury updates that I don’t care about/didn’t go there to look at. And Capwages is generally good but the GM mode sucks

puckpedia needs to admit their UI sucks and copy cap friendly. It was so simply laid out, easy to digest. Add whatever info you want underneath the roster / player but 90% of people are going to the site not to see hockey news but to check on teams rosters and cap situations

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
CapFriendly was just so clean and well laid out with nearly all the information you could hope for and updated at a ridiculously fast pace.

I particularly liked how they displayed draft picks for the 3 upcoming drafts and how you could click on any traded pick to instantly get the trade details. You could easily see which other team's picks they had acquired and which ones were conditional - puckpedia does not come remotely close to matching this. Would at least be nice if you hover over the picks per round that it shows you which teams' picks they have and any trade conditions.

Scrolling through a bunch of news to see the cap situation makes no sense. And even then it still looks rather clunky - compressed horizontally in order to fit in ads and useless X posts.

CapWages jacked CapFriendly's layout, which is a good start - but don't have any trade/pick details and so far seems rather slow to update with the latest signings/trades (which is understandable).

Hopefully one or both sites drastically updates its content and tries to mirror what CapFriendly provided as they largely had it all figured out.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
I haven't used Puckpedia in a while. Their UI was bad, and I didn't like the colors either.

Capwages is off to a good start though.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
I prefer CapWages at the moment, but it's not as fast as PuckPedia to add new contract / trades.

What I miss most in CapWages is the draft / trade links that were so quick to use in CapFriendly, to find the draft year of a player and see what other players where drafted in that year, or the complete trade history of every player.

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
acgm. it was so flawless it was almost like a game. multiple times a week i would find myself with a few moments to kill and i would log in and see what kind of crazy roster i could come up with for my team. do that

besides that, it was the lightning fast signing and trade updates. there are multiple times i can recall where i would happen to log into capfriendly and see a transaction for my team and be able to log into hf and post a thread on my team's subforum before anyone else

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
The UI plain and simple. From an innovation point of view I find it funny the best design was the OG, capgeek, everything after has been either a downgrade or in puckpedia's case, a massive downground. Capwages' UI smokes the awfulness that is puckpedia so I will be using that going forward.

I can't undersell how awful Puckpedia's interface is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad