Bruins Centennial Centennial Season

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
One thing I was stunned putting my team together was Ken Hodge after a 50, 45, 43 goal seasons- two 105 point top 4 point leaders and 2-3 first team all stars played TWO years in AHL

@Fenway you remember this?

89 AHL games after over 300 NHL goals and probably half dozen all star games

Espo was still on Rangers where Hodge ended up but apparently was cooked

Folks reading - if you time traveled back to 1970’s and could watch Bruins games two things would blow you away

Cigarette smoke
Hecklers

There was no music other then organ every now and then and you could hear people cough 3 sections over

@Gee Wally & @Dennis Bonvie amirite on this

And the ‘Mary Hodge & Peggy McNab’ barbs were amazing

Please tell me @Fenian24 was there to witness this

Pure gold
I was, started going to games in 78 and got my seasons in 86. I loved and miss that building

Reactions: DKH

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Ok my folks seats were in loge 7 above corner clock - to our left I think was loge 6 and the guy would yell out when quiet ‘come on snow shoes’

He called him that 1-2 times a game so it was not overboard

Priceless
Do you remember the "banger?" I was in balcony 73 and was maybe 4 sections to the left on the corner, first row balcony, used to smack his hand on the balcony overhang.

I may have thrown a barb or two Craig Janneys way during his tenure.

Last edited:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Do you remember the "banger?" I was in balcony 73 and was maybe 4 sections to the left on the corner, first row balcony, used to smack his hand on the balcony overhang.

I may have thrown a barb or two Craig Janneys way during his tenure.
Yes - he wore a baseball hat and was probably in 20’s and pretty jacked

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I was, started going to games in 78 and got my seasons in 86. I loved and miss that building
Tremendous place agree miss it

We would meet down in corner bar where players came out - I was with my South Shore college roommates and their friends and if Bruins would be playing and Chicago out, JR would be there between periods hanging with all the Hinghan boys

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Just for fun, I went through the exercise of selecting my centennial team from BB.com. I'm not as knowledgeable about some of the players prior to 1960s/70s, but some legends loom large. Not sure if I got their positions all correct, especially with D-men's preferred sides, but with all-star teams, that's the compromise you make to inject pure talent (e.g., I have Adam Oates as a winger.) [EDIT: I've since swapped Oates for Ken Hodge] This can all be debated endlessly, of course, like any "best all-time" list. That 6th D-man was a tough call - McAvoy, Boychuk, Sides?

Tempted to put Lucic on the 2nd line. Can you imagine?:
Lucic - Espo - Neely

My Bruins Centennial All-star Team.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Just for fun, I went through the exercise of selecting my centennial team from BB.com. I'm not as knowledgeable about some of the players prior to 1960s/70s, but some legends loom large. Not sure if I got their positions all correct, especially with D-men's preferred sides, but with all-star teams, that's the compromise you make to inject pure talent (e.g., I have Adam Oates as a winger.) [EDIT: I've since swapped Oates for Ken Hodge] This can all be debated endlessly, of course, like any "best all-time" list. That 6th D-man was a tough call - McAvoy, Boychuk, Sides?

Tempted to put Lucic on the 2nd line. Can you imagine?:
Lucic - Espo - Neely

View attachment 743521

No Bucyk or O'Reilly?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad