Celebrini vs Michkov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Celebrini vs Michkov

• Celebrini

Votes: 136 58.4%
  • Michkov

Votes: 97 41.6%

• Total voters

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

vs

Rosters are pretty close by their talent level. So it's about something different than skill and talent.

Disagree. Konecny, Tippett, Farabee and Sanheim are better than anyone on San Jose, and first half Couturier is as well, and if he has a good offseason further removed from injury he might be able to be good through the whole year. San Jose and Chicago are two of the least talented teams we’ve seen in recent years.

Reactions: wetcoast

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Disagree. Konecny, Tippett, Farabee and Sanheim are better than anyone on San Jose, and first half Couturier is as well, and if he has a good offseason further removed from injury he might be able to be good through the whole year. San Jose and Chicago are two of the least talented teams we’ve seen in recent years.

Granlund is good when he plays his game, and it looks like he played his game most of the season. He's maybe on on TK level, but better than anybody else on the Flyers. Of course Granlund is 32, and Philadelphia guys are 24-25, so they can improve, and Sharks will be lucky if Granlund continues to play on this level even one more season, but it's still about can and if and not facts.

On the other side Eklund is pretty young and at his age young players can progress really fast and well.

So while the Flyers roster has probably edge on the Sharks, the difference isn't that big. And Sharks have some really good and talented young kids who can be added to the main team next season.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

vs

Rosters are pretty close by their talent level. So it's about something different than skill and talent.
No they aren't really close and frankly you're pretty knowledgeable and should realize this.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I lol when people say Philadelphia is the better team. It's better because of its coach and not because of its players. It's a miracle they were fighting for the playoff spot till almost the end of the regular.
Built-in excuse for when Celebrini outscores Michkov. :sarcasm:

If Michkov plays in the NHL next season, the Calder is basically his. He’s 18 months older than Celebrini, plays a position where he won’t have to worry about defense at all, plays in a much bigger market, would be on a much better roster, and doesn’t have another potential Calder candidate on his team.

I’d still take Celebrini long term without question.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

If Michkov plays in the NHL next season, the Calder is basically his. He’s 18 months older than Celebrini, plays a position where he won’t have to worry about defense at all, plays in a much bigger market, would be on a much better roster, and doesn’t have another potential Calder candidate on his team.

Of course you will, and it's going to look funny in a few years...

Reactions: Sasso09

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago

In no season will Celebrini have a higher PPG or more goals than Michkov.

This comment will look very silly very fast. Celebrini is getting pumped up for being a 1OA but he goes 4th or 5th with Leo in 23' given it's known michkov comes early and the contract isn't a factor. Fantilli would be clearly ahead of Celebrini. Slightly better/even production in draft year, much bigger, more physical and complete.

That being said, Michkov was seen as clearly the top 2 player in the draft above Fantilli and his D+1 draft solidified that.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
In no season will Celebrini have a higher PPG or more goals than Michkov.

This comment will look very silly very fast. Celebrini is getting pumped up for being a 1OA but he goes 4th or 5th with Leo in 23' given it's known michkov comes early and the contract isn't a factor. Fantilli would be clearly ahead of Celebrini. Slightly better/even production in draft year, much bigger, more physical and complete.

That being said, Michkov was seen as clearly the top 2 player in the draft above Fantilli and his D+1 draft solidified that.
Not by anyone who matters.

• Haha
Reactions: FlyguyOX

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
I think Celebrini has better physical traits but Michkov's IQ is one of the highest I have seen in a prospect.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Michkov has better supporting cast so I think he'll have higher odds at it.

But if I'm building a team I take Celebrini obviously, since he's a center.

Not by anyone who matters.
The flyers had him 2, so there's that. Seems notable.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Michkov has better supporting cast so I think he'll have higher odds at it.

But if I'm building a team I take Celebrini obviously, since he's a center.

The flyers had him 2, so there's that. Seems notable.
Yeah, the Flyers who picked him 7th that is more notable and just like everyone else they had their guy ranked much higher.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
They shouldn’t have been fighting for a playoff spot as but they still have more talent to play with unless the Sharks make some adds. They scored over 50 more goals and I wouldn’t put that all on Torts.
Sharks will be a completely different team up front outside of the ‘Lund’ line. Not sure how many bumps in the road there will be, but those comparing them to last years roster are in for a surprise. Even if they’re horrible again they’ll at least be entertaining and there are lights at the end of the tunnel.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Sharks will be a completely different team up front outside of the ‘Lund’ line. Not sure how many bumps in the road there will be, but those comparing them to last years roster are in for a surprise. Even if they’re horrible again they’ll at least be entertaining and there are lights at the end of the tunnel.

Seems like they’re going to be willing to make more moves this offseason than when I posted that. And Philly might be more willing to move off of their players by some of the rumours. We should probably all hold off on predictions until the rosters are set.

Reactions: Quid Pro Clowe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad