Finns > Swedes
Feb 28, 2008
ATX

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
I'm going to casually drop your name as a throw-in the next trade proposal with Montreal and see if I can get you to trend
1708019779408.jpeg

I mean I did lead the whole league in GAA and SV% :laugh:

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Yeah it was a very cool experience. I was only 20 at the time and the boys wanted to take me to a strip club in Rio Grande Valley lol. Didn’t happen unfortunately.
Still an awesome experience I bet. Can we use you as a throw-in for Guentzel? Pittsburgh is nice this time of year

• Haha
Reactions: piqued

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
that's fair, although those numbers are often pipe dreams. i distinctly recall niko kapanen being listed as my height/weight back in the day and when i stood next to him at a practice i almost laughed out loud. ever since i've spot checked here and there and they just don't seem very accurate.

i have a real hard time thinking they're only 9 lbs difference., but who knows.

edit: to be fair i only watched them a lot in juniors, so not playing side by side. if you're watching them in the A, i'll defer to what you're seeing.
The numbers are never "reliable" from the NHL, maybe the AHL is the same. But the NHL always skew larger/bigger. I'm sure it's not done ratio where they just push a 2% increase across the board but I doubt they went let's add 15lbs to this guy and only 5 to this other guy.

Just for reference 5'7" seems about accurate for Stankoven, I've met him. He was shorter than me but taller than my wife (she's 5'2")

Reactions: eartotheground

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
idk, i think it depends on how you define 'nhler.' mav is physically much larger and plays a cerebral game, both tied to longevity. stank plays balls to the wall and while more athletic, is diminutive. i can easily see a world where stank has better ppg numbers but mav has higher career totals.

but yeah, he's talking about his fantasy team for the next couple seasons, right?

Honestly, this is pretty accurate. I'm considering moving batherson for stankoven+

Trying to figure out if I think stankoven is gonna be a 60 point player 🤔

Reactions: eartotheground

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Stankoven to McDonald on the PP and he scores. Texas up 1-0 early in the 2nd

Haven't heard Grushnikov's name in a while, how's he doing? Still improving or has he hit his peak already?

Tough player to notice unless you're looking for him. Decent defensively but he's a pretty unexceptional guy. Could be a defensive dman at the NHL level someday I suppose, but I haven't paid much attention to him this year. Non-existent offensively

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Grushnikov has been more noticeable lately. His complete lack of offense and puck handling sucks because he'd be dynamite in transition if he had that. He's already a plus skater, and at least tonight has already thrown some nasty hits. Good for rush defense, but that's about it. I want to like him as a smooth skating Lindell, but I don't think he's actually that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad