GDT: CBJ vs. Chicago - The No Clever Header Thread - 2/25 7 PM

Kellen

Apr 17, 2019
I know he hasn’t earned it yet - it man I’d love to see Domi take that first line center spot - just to see. I liked how it looked last game with Foligno there - but give Domi a shot.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Pregame Thoughts:

Riley Nash needs to sit.
Never thought I'd be so happy to see 8 and 3 back together.
Savard getting a pass for his meltdown is annoying.
More Carlsson on the power play.
I thought Harrington was playing better than Del Zotto - I blame him for some of the defensive collapse this year.
We need to win in regulation or it's a loss.
The depth at center is an absolute joke. They're all third line guys, at best.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I know he hasn’t earned it yet - it man I’d love to see Domi take that first line center spot - just to see. I liked how it looked last game with Foligno there - but give Domi a shot.
I'd be all for it if he could show something, he was so bad last game, I dont know how anyone could justify it other than he makes 5+ million a year.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
as bad as Domi has been I would still flip him and Robinson

otherwise I'm good with these lines

watch Foligno be great the rest of the season heading into UFA and get overpaid again

Dessert Nights

Back in Form
Nov 22, 2016
Finland
So is Roslo going to take any face-off unless Jenner gets kicked out?

Having Laine, Foligno, Bjorkstrand, Werenski and Jones on the ice should lead to some extended possession in the offensive zone. On the other hand, Jenner, Roslovic and Atkinson will be the most dangerous first few seconds after they enter the OZ.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'd be all for it if he could show something, he was so bad last game, I dont know how anyone could justify it other than he makes 5+ million a year.

Right. When you're playing like Domi has been playing, it ain't a linemate issue, it's much more fundamental than that.

And he just spent weeks playing with Bjorkstrand, it's not like we don't know what that looks like.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I like the lines. :thumbu:

Pregame Thoughts:

Riley Nash needs to sit.
I thought Harrington was playing better than Del Zotto - I blame him for some of the defensive collapse this year.

Carlsson on the PP? I hope not. The only thing he did out there was wander around, Roslovic ended up playing the point in his stead and teed up a Bjorkstrand goal. :laugh:

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I heard Torts stayed away from practice as he thought the players were tired of him. I know as a fan I'm tired of him. Give us a starting lineup & then keep it the same for 2 weeks. I guarantee better results, how could it be worse? Let the guys get used to each other for 2 seconds. I have my fingers crossed we get a regulation win.. but who knows??

Reactions: KJ Dangler

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
The online 50/50 raffle

https://bluejackets5050.com/

benefits an organization that is tying to get more kids into hockey in central Ohio, especially kids who wouldn’t normally play hockey.

Columbus Ice Hockey Club mission:
To allow youth from diverse communities and extenuating circumstances in Central Ohio the opportunity to develop core values through hockey and use it as a vehicle to open doors and excel in all aspects of their lives.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Pregame Thoughts:

Riley Nash needs to sit.

Why does Nash need to sit? He’s solid

Carlsson on the powerplay? He handles the puck like a grenade and can’t shoot. No thanks. I’d rather have savard on the powerplay

Reactions: majormajor

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Why does Nash need to sit? He’s solid

Carlsson on the powerplay? He handles the puck like a grenade and can’t shoot. No thanks. I’d rather have savard on the powerplay
Agree about Nash. Granted he’s not a guy who scores, but he’s always in position, he doesn’t get trapped in his zone and is one of the most defensively response Jackets. He’s the guy who keeps the 4th line together. He’s also useful on the PK

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Gotta take Kane out of this game somehow, slip some laxatives into his Gatorade maybe? Without him, the Hawks will just forfeit the game right away

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
As I said in the prior game I hate watching Kane because he’s so good....Obviously said tongue in cheek. Kane would be such a difference maker for the Jackets and I can only dream of him in Union Blue. Along with Bread, he’s one of my favorite guys to watch - when not playing against us.

Reactions: Monstershockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad