GDT: CBJ-CAR: So Somebody Wants to Play Us

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
I "won" 2 tickets for tonight's game on some online giveaway thing the Canes had yesterday. I can't go, so they need a good home. If you can use them (sec 338, free of course), DM me your name and email address so I can transfer them.

First come, first serve. May the odds be ever in your favor.
Thank God nobody used these tickets. I would have hated for 2 more people to have to view that live

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
This isn’t just one game against a team they should beat. Its how they play (or don’t play) against those type teams.

I think that’s a little much, but there’s no denying that our game has been real **** lately. Even games we won, it often required a comeback after taking a period or two off.

So maybe a game like this will be good for them, wake them the f*** up, and get back on track. From Rod’s postgame comments, it sounds like they were expecting a game like this eventually.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Less than mediocre lately and Voracek is probably the most valuable forward on the team - I really can't understand what happened in this game.
Canes played atrocious hockey and the team as a whole defensively is abysmal without Slavin. And if Aho or Andersen ever go down, we're f***ed. We'll need all 3 players firing on all cylinders by the playoffs.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I thought it was a really strange game for 2 periods. Well…I guess I did miss the last 15 minutes of the 1st (had to get my son dressed for Mighty Mites!), but even at 2-0 I thought they were more or less fine. The chances weren’t being taken advantage of, but there were plenty.

aaaaand then the wheels came off. Poor Lafontaine

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
So uhh that sucked

At the same time, it's easier to burn an ass kicking and move on than a hard fought loss. Even then, if this is the usual dip in play during the season, I'd rather it happen now than March. Get it out of the system and be ready for the playoff push.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
It can't be understated how important Slavin is to this team. They've been bailed out by Slavin and Andersen on so many nights this season. Andersen wasn't exactly sharp tonight, but he wasn't getting any help.

We give up a lot of 2 on 1s. Usually Slavin is back there when it happens and I think ah we got this.

Without him there....gulp.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
We give up a lot of 2 on 1s. Usually Slavin is back there when it happens and I think ah we got this.

Without him there....gulp.

Yeah, without him there those 2-on-1s just become breakaways.

Seriously, how many breakaways did we give up in that game? They scored on like 3 of them, and I remember at least 2 more (Andersen save on Texier, Bear penalty). Felt like they were taking advantage of a weakness in our game all night.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Wow it's actually pretty hard to believe re-watching some of it just now -- I think the game was competitive up until the Laine goal at about 5 minutes into the 3P, and then things fell apart. It's not as bad as it seemed.

Too many Rocket League players on the team who wanted to ff.

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
So a couple things from that dumpster fire..

1) as others have said, teams now know how to kill us in the playoffs …. Hurt Slavin…. We are just nowhere near the same team as currently constructed with Slavin out of the lineup… it messes up the pairings too much and guys are playing way above their slots… amazing what 20+-30min a night of Slavin does to our d play and the rest of our game

2) we quit for the first time this year.. we have lost and it was pretty clear we were going to lose a couple times this year.. but that was the first time this year it was clear they just packed it in and quit playing in the third…. It was bound to happen, but wow it was jarring to see as we are so spoiled with seeing the team just keep pushing and never give in.. they deflated and gave up those breakaways and then just phoned it in….

3) I’m totally fine with TDA running his mouth at the refs last night… they deserved it and if I was in any position of authority I would be submitting a complaint video to the league today…. We didn’t help ourselves with our play, but without question the officials impacted that game by not calling glaring penalties and the team let it get to them…

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
3) I’m totally fine with TDA running his mouth at the refs last night… they deserved it and if I was in any position of authority I would be submitting a complaint video to the league today…. We didn’t help ourselves with our play, but without question the officials impacted that game by not calling glaring penalties and the team let it get to them…

lol the league doesn't give a shit. We've been screwed over by reffing more times than you can count, and it goes back to at least the 2018-19 season. Somehow, we went from being the least penalized team in the league under Peters to being one of, if not the most penalized teams. To the point where I highly doubt it has anything to do with style of play so much as officials have a perennial axe to grind with the man who coaches it.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
I think that’s a little much, but there’s no denying that our game has been real **** lately. Even games we won, it often required a comeback after taking a period or two off.

So maybe a game like this will be good for them, wake them the f*** up, and get back on track. From Rod’s postgame comments, it sounds like they were expecting a game like this eventually.

how can you even tell? they've only played like 4 games in the past month

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
So we take this tape, fire it into the sun, and agree to never speak of this day again?
Honestly, if I'm RBA, I make them rewatch the game as soon as they get back to the locker room and write a f***ing thesis on everything they did wrong. This game should be a lesson to them, a learning experience, on literally every thing you DON'T do at the highest level of hockey. There's a few guys who were at least trying - Skjei, Jarvis, Svech maybe - everyone else including Aho was pretty crap. Even good teams have bad games, but damn there just wasn't any real effort even...we probably had 30 rocket shots wide of the net

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad