Player Discussion Cayden Primeau Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I think that will become more evident soon
Could Dobes be our mid-season "Binnington addition", combined with the Laine return and allow us to go on a run (playoff run, not Cup run, LOL)?

And then Demidov joins the team end of March?

Can we dream?

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
That's just going in a circle
It kind of is but if Dobes is better than I have no problem exposing Pri to waivers

Lose him, bring up Dobes.

Sign a UFA for Laval and wait for Fowler.

Primeau is a very weak NHL goalie.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That's just going in a circle

Not really.

If Primeau has not upside beyond being a journeyman back-up but Dobes could potentially be your starter, you gotta get Dobes in the net at the NHL level at some point.

Primeau requires waivers, so you sign a AHL vet who can be your 3rd goalie.. tons of teams have those.

Not gonna keep Dobes stuck in the AHL because of Primeau's waiver status. Primeau just doesn't have starter ability.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I’m not sure if they should even worry if Primeau is picked up on waivers. He is so replaceable via a UFA signing.
Why not just wait for a team to have many goalie injuries and offer them Primeau for a 4th or 5th round pick and call Dobes up. Dobes can start in the AHL it's not a problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad