Recalled/Assigned: Cayden Primeau/Otto Leskinen to Laval (April 14th)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Probably a pulled hamstring. It was obvious he injured something on a play vs Oilers.

Hopefully, it's a day-to-day thing, but this was definitely not unexpected.

Allen will play. Lindgren back-up. Primeau taxi.

With Gallagher out, have to wonder if they add a forward too.

Should be Caufield for Gallagher, no?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I’ll be honest. $15 million is a lot to have tied up in goaltending but it’s kind of nice to not feel panicked at the announcement of a Price injury.

If it's long term injury, its still worrisome as allen has a checkered history when he's a clear starter.

Reactions: Gravity

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
If it's long term injury, its still worrisome as allen has a checkered history when he's a clear starter.

I have faith he can give a couple of weeks of good play. I don’t think he would’ve been able to stay in last night if it was something that would keep him out longer then that.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
We play Thursday as well so odds are it is to let Price rest in Montreal and play Thursday. With the busy schedule, we will probably see similar moves in the future to let Price or Allen not need to travel and get a night off.

If it was a longer term injury, we would've likely called up McNiven as it'd make more sense for him to sit on the taxi squad.
Demchenko would make more sense than Mcniven. He's been sitting anyway.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Unless they need to pay to protect Jake Evans, they just need to sit back and lose Edmondson, Chariot or Allen.

These are all replaceable, veteran players with cap hits we can afford to lose.
I like Chiarot but out of that 3, he’s the one I’d prefer us losing.

Protect

Weber
Petry
Edmundson

Romanov is exempt
Seattle is not taking Kulak

Like you said, they easily replaceable

Reactions: Runner77

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Oh come on. Enough with management bashing. Clearly Price was well enough to finish the game and still made key saves. He would've pulled himself if he wasn't capable. It's probably a minor injury.
Its not up to the player to decide in these moments, Ducharme should've been waaaaay more responsible with Price, what is this team going to do with him injured?

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I've always loved Price but it's time to move on from him. MB has got to give Price to Seattle. It will be a HUGE win for Seattle, and I predict Price will do very well there. Great for marketing too.
Next season Allen should be our Starter with Primeau ready to take the reigns.

The money saved from Price will afford a stud Forward or D. And our tender situation will be better.

Primeau is our future.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I've always loved Price but it's time to move on from him. MB has got to give Price to Seattle. It will be a HUGE win for Seattle, and I predict Price will do very well there. Great for marketing too.

The money saved from Price will afford a stud Forward or D. And our tender situation will be better.

Primeau is our future.
Which team will be handing us their stud forward or Dman exactly?

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Which team will be handing us their stud forward or Dman exactly?
The key will be the deal with Seattle.. Seattle needs Price.. he is a legit HOFer a "local" boy and a huge addition to a franchise. They will easily be able to afford his salary - theyll get that back 10 fold on jersey sales alone.
Our stud will come from this trade - via futures, which can then be flipped to another team for the stud F or D we need.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
If Allen continues this level of play for the rest of the season, there is no way Seattle passes up on him I would imagine. A fringe starting goalie at $2.875M for two years? Arguably a starter
Decisions will have to be made, obviously. Let's just say I'd be thinking long and hard about moving forward with Allen if I were them. The post-Price era may very well be upon us.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
The key will be the deal with Seattle.. Seattle needs Price.. he is a legit HOFer a "local" boy and a huge addition to a franchise. They will easily be able to afford his salary - theyll get that back 10 fold on jersey sales alone.
Our stud will come from this trade - via futures, which can then be flipped to another team for the stud F or D we need.
He’s not a local boy, his wife is the local girl......he’s from the sticks in northern BC.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He’s not a local boy, his wife is the local girl......he’s from the sticks in northern BC.
He played his junior hockey in Washington State (Tri-City) , he's very familar with the area. He's not local per se but he does have some roots there, it would be a pretty easy sell PR wise.

Last edited:
Reactions: salbutera

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

Primeau is our future.

There is zero chance Seattle takes Price. A new team coming in won't take a goalie at his age with FIVE more years on his contract after this season at a cap hit of 10.5 per year. That would instantly handcuff them for many years.

Seattle can easily get a better, younger and cheaper goalie from alot of teams cause every team will be desperate to want to free up cap space

I love Price and he has had a deadly career but like I said there is 100% absolutely no chance Seattle takes him... if Price had 1 or MAYBE 2 years remaining on his contract they would possibly debate, but not at 5 more years.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Thats why i put local in quotes. Price in Seattle as the face of the franchise is a beautiful thing. I would be very happy for him. He will thrive.
Only reason i say pull the trigger is his contract doesnt fit our team. Otherwise Id keep him.
We actually have a very good team rn. Solid offence, very good defence (need 1 more stud) and a legit 1-2 punch with Allen/Primeau.
I think this is enough to make a Cup run (with luck ofcourse).

Reactions: salbutera

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Its not up to the player to decide in these moments, Ducharme should've been waaaaay more responsible with Price, what is this team going to do with him injured?

I think Dom and the med staff have a better idea of the severity of the injury and his suitability to finish the game than some random poster.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think Dom and the med staff have a better idea of the severity of the injury and his suitability to finish the game than some random poster.
Why can't he play then ? He was healthy enough to play the game but not healthy enough to play the next ? :laugh:

No, what likely happened is that Carey said f*** it Im playing its not that bad, and this morning they did tests and Graham told Dom he cannot play.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Why can't he play then ? He was healthy enough to play the game but not healthy enough to play the next ? :laugh:

No, what likely happened is that Carey said f*** it Im playing its not that bad, and this morning they did tests and Graham told Dom he cannot play.

Maybe his injury is day to day, maybe it’s long term, or perhaps he’s been given time off to rest. The fact of the matter is they know what the injury is and are managing.

You just need something to complain about.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
According to Basu “Dominique Ducharme calls Carey Price day to day and says this injury has been nagging him for a while, so his absence is also precautionary.”

Allen can carry the load and give Carey some rest.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
According to Basu “Dominique Ducharme calls Carey Price day to day and says this injury has been nagging him for a while, so his absence is also precautionary.”

Allen can carry the load and give Carey some rest.
That would beg the question of why he was playing his second game in a row and third in a week last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad