Recalled/Assigned: Cayden Primeau/Otto Leskinen to Laval (April 14th)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He didn't look good before the game, or that's just his new look? He looks lost,not focused, easily distracted. Juts has not ''looked'' like his usual self if that makes any sense.

I think the mental part of his game is not where it needs to be. It's a concern but I'm not going to overact to it. His confidence is not in line with his skills IMO. I'm a Price fan and I think he figures it out.

Anybody know why he left practice early yesterday? I recall seeing that yesterday but didn't read into it. And is this related to him staying in Montreal today or did something else happen in the game last night? :dunno:

Hope it's not groin. That can linger on

Reactions: angusyoung

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
If Allen continues this level of play for the rest of the season, there is no way Seattle passes up on him I would imagine. A fringe starting goalie at $2.875M for two years?

It's gonna be Vegas all over again. Teams will pay them via picks/prospects to take undesirable contracts/unwanted players. I could see Habs giving Seattle a 2nd and a B level prospect to take Byron

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's gonna be Vegas all over again. Teams will pay them via picks/prospects to take undesirable contracts/unwanted players. I could see Habs giving Vegas a 2nd and a B level prospect to take Byron

That would be sweet if we can pull that off. However, it comes down to what Seattle is after to build there roster and if they got their eyes on Allen, it will be hard to move them off. Comes down to what other goalies are available.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaffy27

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I think the mental part of his game is not where it needs to be. It's a concern but I'm not going to overact to it. His confidence is not in line with his skills IMO. I'm a Price fan and I think he figures it out.

Anybody know why he left practice early yesterday? I recall seeing that yesterday but didn't read into it. And is this related to him staying in Montreal today or did something else happen in the game last night? :dunno:

Overreaction is our shtick here though;)

Did a groin once and it lingered about a year,mind you not comparable medical attention.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

That’s why they got Allen, he can handle the job. Allen can carry the workload no problem.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's gonna be Vegas all over again. Teams will pay them via picks/prospects to take undesirable contracts/unwanted players. I could see Habs giving Vegas a 2nd and a B level prospect to take Byron

Unless they need to pay to protect Jake Evans, they just need to sit back and lose Edmondson, Chariot or Allen.

These are all replaceable, veteran players with cap hits we can afford to lose.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Unless they need to pay to protect Jake Evans, they just need to sit back and lose Edmondson, Chariot or Allen.

These are all replaceable, veteran players with cap hits we can afford to lose.

Agreed. If we make no more moves, I think we protect Edmundson and expose Chiarot and Allen. If I was Seattle, I think I'm taking Allen. Evans is on the fringe of consideration but doubt they do that.

I agree that we are well situated to loose whoever.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Probably a pulled hamstring. It was obvious he injured something on a play vs Oilers.

Hopefully, it's a day-to-day thing, but this was definitely not unexpected.

Allen will play. Lindgren back-up. Primeau taxi.

With Gallagher out, have to wonder if they add a forward too.

giphy.gif

TrapGod Jr

Apr 22, 2017
I dont know why you guys are talking about Lindgren. Clearly, Allen will get the start but if he doesn’t perform I’d put Primeau instead of Lindgraine. In my mind its a no brainer.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
He wouldn't have finished the game if it was serious.

This is why they got Allen.

It may not have been serious at the moment but may have exacerbated it during the two pad stack. Adrenalin can carry for a length of time but when it runs out is when you feel the trauma.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It may not have been serious at the moment but may have exacerbated it during the two pad stack. Adrenalin can carry for a length of time but when it runs out is when you feel the trauma.
I just don't think they would have left him finish the game if there was any concern.

He's staying in Montreal to receive treatments, so that tells me it's probably muscle related - looked like groin strain/pull to me.

Which would explain how he finished the game.

But I guess we'll know more in coming days, maybe even this afternoon given Ducharme unlike his predecessors isn't shy about divulging the nature of injuries.

Reactions: jaffy27

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I just don't think they would have left him finish the game if there was any concern.

He's staying in Montreal to receive treatments, so that tells me it's probably muscle related - looked like groin strain/pull to me.

Which would explain how he finished the game.

But I guess we'll know more in coming days, maybe even this afternoon given Ducharme unlike his predecessors isn't shy about divulging the nature of injuries.

If Price said he was good to go,would they still pull him? only Price can say if he could play or not.:dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad