Confirmed with Link: Casey Mittelstadt (2017, 8th) - Signed, #37

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
So if the Gophers lose to Penn St that's the season for Mittelstadt? Their season record is quite mediocre - 19-15-2, losing record in the conference 10-12-2. Hmm, they're ranked 11th in the country. 16 teams make the tournament.

Endless Ike

Jul 21, 2004
Seattle, WA
So if the Gophers lose to Penn St that's the season for Mittelstadt? Their season record is quite mediocre - 19-15-2, losing record in the conference 10-12-2. Hmm, they're ranked 11th in the country. 16 teams make the tournament.

The NCAA tournament bids are determined by something called the Pairwise rankings. After automatic bids are filled (Conference winners), the top ranked teams are slotted in.

If they are number 11 in pairwise after losing to Penn State they are likely to make the tournament.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
I had never heard the story of a shoulder misalignment being the cause of Mitts not being able to do any pullups at the combine until just now. The Gophers' training staff rectified the issue and he was soon doing between 8-10 pullups.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Probably the fourth BTN broadcast talking about how cousin Cal figured out Casey had a flaw in his pullup form, corrected it and he was doing 8-10 a week or so after getting into the UM gym.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I had never heard the story of a shoulder misalignment being the cause of Mitts not being able to do any pullups at the combine until just now. The Gophers' training staff rectified the issue and he was soon doing between 8-10 pullups.

BTN mentions it about once a month. They regularly laugh at the overreaction to pullupgate.

Reactions: 26CornerBlitz

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Is this pretty consistent for the type of playing time Mittlestadt gets every game? Seems like Lucia spreads the time around pretty evenly (i.e. he doesn't ride his stars).

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Is this pretty consistent for the type of playing time Mittlestadt gets every game? Seems like Lucia spreads the time around pretty evenly (i.e. he doesn't ride his stars).

He rolls four lines and sometimes works his upperclassmen line with Sheehy and Novak out .

Two amazing plays by Mittelstadt and the second one is in. Daaaamn. Pulls the defender off his feet and gets the goalie to commit before dishing to Reedy again. f*** yeah.

Reactions: Myers888

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This is the sort of weekend I've wanted to see out of him. He's such a focus for the Lions too, they have people all over him, aware of him, back defensively almost every shift.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
This is the sort of weekend I've wanted to see out of him. He's such a focus for the Lions too, they have people all over him, aware of him, back defensively almost every shift.

was just about to say the same thing. this is what i've been waiting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad