Casey Cizikas: "If they want to be like that, they can stay home".

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Hockey players have to be the most out of touch north american athletes ever lol

Do they not understand who pays their salary lol.

Even they know that NHL is a third tier league and that the fans really shouldn't care , giving off big *its just hockey bro nobody watches or cares anyways* vibes

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Hockey players have to be the most out of touch north american athletes ever lol

Even they know that NHL is a third tier league and that the fans really shouldn't care , giving off big *its just hockey bro nobody watches or cares anyways* vibes

That's the way I look at it. Fans are invested in their favorite teams and tickets aren't cheap, so they're allowed to vent.

Pay me a quarter of his salary (which is a hell of a lot more than I take home), and I'll welcome the booing.

Last edited:

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

Majority of them come from extremely well off families so they probably don't understand what its like the blow hundreds of dollars to see a completely shit product. Most have been entitled and pampered throughout their up bringing.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Majority of them come from extremely well off families so they probably don't understand what its like the blow hundreds of dollars to see a completely shit product. Most have been entitled and pampered throughout their up bringing.
yeah its a bunch of rich na kids , only in europe do normal kids from normal families have a chance to make it

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018

NHL relies much more on gate revenue than all the other leagues too. NFL crowds likely really could stay home and it wouldn't make much of a dent. Hockey, not so much.

I'm fine with players pointing out that booing etc. doesn't make them play better, it is often quite petulant though. Guess it was right after the game

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
People seriously get bent out of shape about this?

We say we want players to be honest. Do you think any players, in their heart of hearts, believe the old canary about 'fans pay their money, they can boo if they want'.

That's boilerplate nonsense.

When it comes to a coach, most fans are utter troglodytes. Look at the level of 90% of the discourse on hfboards and then consider that the population here self-identifies as 'hard core fans'.

So for a player to stand-up for his coach against mouth breathers who are drunkenly yelling about a dynamic they have very little idea of (having not been in the room) is a good thing for his dressing room.

"Oh no, he disagreed with the fans, how sacrosanct!"

Do you want honesty or nonsense?

"Yes, they're right. Most of them have never played and watch like 50% of the games out of one eye while talking to somebody, but they know far far more en masse than the athletes and coaches in this room who have devoted their entire lives to this profession. Also, we are supported by a billion dollar organization that gets us all of the info we need and supports us in just about every way, but somehow we don't have the same intuition as that divorced Dad eating his 9th chil-dog today".

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
People seriously get bent out of shape about this?

We say we want players to be honest. Do you think any players, in their heart of hearts, believe the old canary about 'fans pay their money, they can boo if they want'.

That's boilerplate nonsense.

When it comes to a coach, most fans are utter troglodytes. Look at the level of 90% of the discourse on hfboards and then consider that the population here self-identifies as 'hard core fans'.

So for a player to stand-up for his coach against mouth breathers who are drunkenly yelling about a dynamic they have very little idea of (having not been in the room) is a good thing for his dressing room.

"Oh no, he disagreed with the fans, how sacrosanct!"

Do you want honesty or nonsense?

"Yes, they're right. Most of them have never played and watch like 50% of the games out of one eye while talking to somebody, but they know far far more en masse than the athletes and coaches in this room who have devoted their entire lives to this profession. Also, we are supported by a billion dollar organization that gets us all of the info we need and supports us in just about every way, but somehow we don't have the same intuition as that divorced Dad eating his 9th chil-dog today".

I just read the article, Cizikas doesnt even defend his coach. Other players did, and didnt attack the fans. I guess thats why they dont make the headlines though.

Like, if youre gonna make such a statement and not take responsibility or defend the coach, it just screams of entitlement and deflecting the blame on fans.

I get it, its not fun to be booed. But fans arent playing and arent making decisions, they dont really have an impact on the game (otherwise montreal would win a metric ton more, especially at home).

Its his 2.5M per year job, he cant handle a few boos when all his multi million dollar teammates and him dont perform their job really well?

Sometimes lines are crossed (like threats), but booing isnt it.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
I just read the article, Cizikas doesnt even defend his coach. Other players did, and didnt attack the fans. I guess thats why they dont make the headlines though.

Like, if youre gonna make such a statement and not take responsibility or defend the coach, it just screams of entitlement and deflecting the blame on fans.

I get it, its not fun to be booed. But fans arent playing and arent making decisions, they dont really have an impact on the game (otherwise montreal would win a metric ton more, especially at home).

Its his 2.5M per year job, he cant handle a few boos when all his multi million dollar teammates and him dont perform their job really well?

Sometimes lines are crossed (like threats), but booing isnt it.

I've been booed at work for much less than $2.5M.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
its the most classless thing to do in sports.... Agree 100% with Cizikas and Brady.

Its one thing to boo a collective team's performance, its another to chant for a specific person to be fired while theyre coaching a game. Absolutely pathetic from the fans.

And for you posters who are calling them "soft" etc.... Youre just as pathetic, as you would probably be balling your eyes out and quit on the spot out of embarrassment if you were in their place.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
its the most classless thing to do in sports.... Agree 100% with Cizikas and Brady.

Its one thing to boo a collective team's performance, its another to chant for a specific person to be fired while theyre coaching a game. Absolutely pathetic from the fans.

And for you posters who are calling them "soft" etc.... Youre just as pathetic, as you would probably be balling your eyes out and quit on the spot out of embarrassment if you were in their place.

It’s the fan’s way of expressing their displeasure at the current state of the team/organization. The head brass aren’t browsing HFBoards or Twitter, getting hot takes about how the fans believe the team is doing. But 18,000 fans chanting for the firing of a specific person sends a message that is difficult to ignore. Especially if it becomes a regular thing.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Does this Cizikas person understand that if there weren't people interested in watching, what he does has ZERO tangible value? It's COMPLETELY dependent on fans. There is zero innate value in playing hockey, or even winning the stanley cup, if fans don't care about it.

And why is demanding a better product for your money classless?

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
It’s the fan’s way of expressing their displeasure at the current state of the team/organization. The head brass aren’t browsing HFBoards or Twitter, getting hot takes about how the fans believe the team is doing. But 18,000 fans chanting for the firing of a specific person sends a message that is difficult to ignore. Especially if it becomes a regular thing.

If it becomes a regular thing, there must be a reason.

Maybe if Cizikas would pot a few more goals, the team might win and the jeering might stop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad