GDT: Carolina Panthers 5: Young and the Restless Fans

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
TBF the only thing I'd be pissed about is that this would likely kill Charlotte FC. 5-10 years ago this sort of thing with the Panthers would have pissed me off, but nah, f*** Tepper. The guy has completely run the team into the ground. Let whatever the Panthers are re-named be someone else's dumpster fire for the next decade. Charlotte would jump right back to the top of the expansion/relocation lists and with an owner that can not possibly be worse. I mean I guess the could always resurrect Harold Ballard or let Dan Snyder have another team, but that's about the only way it could be worse.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
The over under for the Panthers from Vegas this year is 4.5. Looking at the schedule, even if Bryce takes a good step forward, I think it's going to be pretty difficult to get to 5 wins. There is a real chance that they don't win a game after their week 11 bye. The offensive personnel is better through a commitment to improving the offensive line but we're already seeing injuries to the bigs and our receivers have a lot to prove. I am excited to see what Johnathan Brooks brings when he's finally healthy. If we do start winning I believe a heavy dose of the run game will be why.

We're good at safety and okay at corner but being really bereft of talent at linebacker as we really need an OLB to play on the other side of Clowney and no established DE (Panthers depth chart has Derrick Brown as a DE. I thought he was a DT. Are D linemen versatile enough to play both positions in a 3-4?) I do believe in Ejiro Evero and feel that if we succeed on defense it's because he got the most out of our young players.

It's going to be another long year and I really hope the Panthers surprise me. I measure success by establishing an identity. Give me that and I will have something to watch for. Progress takes time.

Reactions: DaveG

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The WR they took from U of South Carolina (he's got a great country accent) looks like he could be a gamer from the highlights I've seen.

4 wins will be an improvement as sad as that is to say. Anything more is extra.

Reactions: DaveG and Tryamw

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
We needed to do that before we drafted him... hence why drafting him was a mistake
Drafting him was always a mistake. David Tepper strikes again

Drafting him was always a mistake. David Tepper strikes again
And I'd happily eat crow should he prove me wrong....not about Tepper who remains a dick and a football know nothing.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
reports coming out of the Jets joint practice were overwhelmingly positive but I still have zero hope for this team. despite being easily able to afford throwing away the $ for sunday ticket I'm not gonna bother this year after what a waste it was last year. will probably watch some of the first few games at local bars then when they suck as expected won't bother after that. if they somehow surprise me I'll get sunday ticket later for the discounted half season price.

Tepper is just such a shameful owner, man. I was never JR's biggest fan as he couldn't give us any consistent sustained success (or even back to back winning season) but at least we had a bunch of bright years mixed in with the suck. Now it's just pure irrelevant suck for this team under Tepper. Worst franchise in the 4 main NA pro sports since he took over and it's not even close.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
reports coming out of the Jets joint practice were overwhelmingly positive but I still have zero hope for this team. despite being easily able to afford throwing away the $ for sunday ticket I'm not gonna bother this year after what a waste it was last year. will probably watch some of the first few games at local bars then when they suck as expected won't bother after that. if they somehow surprise me I'll get sunday ticket later for the discounted half season price.

Tepper is just such a shameful owner, man. I was never JR's biggest fan as he couldn't give us any consistent sustained success (or even back to back winning season) but at least we had a bunch of bright years mixed in with the suck. Now it's just pure irrelevant suck for this team under Tepper. Worst franchise in the 4 main NA pro sports since he took over and it's not even close.

As much as I agree with what you're saying, the Hornets still exist. What a shithole for sports Charlotte is.

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
I think we'll be better this year, well see by how much. I can see us winning 4-5 games maybe 6 at the most. The defense looks pretty solid right now so they should help keep us in games.

All we need is just basic offensive competence.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I said it before and I will say it again.

Investing this much to draft a #1 QB doesn’t fu^king work.

Rams and Jared Goff are best-case scenario.

It was suicide from the get go.

• Love
Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Don’t tell this to KC fans.

Fu^k I hate Missouri.

I'm a die hard Panthers fan and always have been but have a soft spot for the Chiefs as I like Reid and they're in the AFC, so not a KC fan but I don't hate on them because they've been successful like many NFL fans these days do.

Objectively here, this guy's entire premise is flawed.

His 4 "luck" factors:

- Fumble recovery: yes how the ball bounces can be random but teams practice fumble recovery drills and recovering fumbles IS a skill that can be trained and teams can be coached better at this than others, and have players who are better at recognizing and reacting to fumbles than others. I've seen plenty of weird bounces on fumbles that bounce right to a player who should easily easily recover it (and be considered lucky) but the other team gets it because that guy wasn't ready for it or expecting it. This definitely has an aspect of luck but it is not pure luck and the effect of it is also heavily impacted by forced fumbles and ball security which are 100% NOT luck.

- Opponent dropped pass:
- Opponent dropped interception:
- Opponent missed field goal:

None of these 3 are luck whatsoever and it is completely absurd to try to categorize them as "luck." These are direct results of players' abilities to perform in games under pressure. Coaching, leadership, roster construction, culture, mentality of types of players brought in, etc. all contribute to these. Luck does not.

If the Chiefs in the playoffs and on the big stage are able to not drop passes, not drop interceptions and not miss field goals while their opponents do all these things, that literally just means the Chiefs are better than those teams in those aspects. Not luckier, but better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad